1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@matz_AUT Is it offtopic, it is about V10, gotta appreciate the work Aris did for V10, it took him crazy amount of time no doubt about that, all cars seems to be better, at least for me. It can not take short amount of time to appreciate that work which was put in upddating all the cars, I expect the talk about this particular update to last a bit longer.

Have to say that it is a bit trickier to judge, because, IIRIC, a lot of cars got more tweaks, like inertia box for example, which has huge impact on car handling, to be more precise the way car rotates.

@ALB123 Yeah I find that hard to believe too, right now I find them wearing faster than that. Well maybe I haven't drove enough, maybe they would plateau at some range.

Where to look for relation between tire wear and grip ? Does the grip always reduce as tire is wearing down, or it can increase ? But I suppose less rubber will always result in more load sensitivity. WOW lol I think tires are even more difficult to understand than dampers.

2. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

@mantasisg 2 Yes, my words exactly. V10 is wonderful. I took the time to give all cars (well almost all) a spin after the update, and it transformed the game for me as well, the handling of the cars is even more fantastic then it already was before, specially on some of the Lotus cars. (speaking of tweaking intertias and stuff..) @Aristotelis has really digged into it.
    Thinking of Lotus, I think I will have a go in the LOTOS Evora GTE Carbon tonight, and show that "%&§$/" of a gearbox who's boss:D

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do anyone else feel that nissan gtr drives completely different since v10? Imo not in a good way. If I didnt know which car it was Id thought it was a completely different car. It was one of my favourites before the patch but now it just terrible to drive. I dont feel any contact with it at all..

4. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

Are the new v.10 tires significantly faster than the old v.10 tires? I don't know if I've become alot faster or if it's just the tires but almost all of my laptimes are improved with several seconds...

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Most cars improved with this update. Partly due to the tyres, but also because other things were adjusted a bit.
    So even cars that were on v10 tyres before (e.g. 911 3.0 RSR) are a bit faster now.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Lotus 49 tires are wearing much less than GT40 tires, is this because it is much lighter car, I suppose it could really really really be that ? :D