1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

100% in Logitech Profiler, 80% general gain in AC, min. Force 0, effects all 0, filter 2% and cars FFB gain individually with FFBclip.

After_Midnight likes this.
  2. magzire

magzire Alien

nvm

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  3. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Since V10 and inertia changes I immediately noticed that I prefer gyro=1 on most cars. However it seems on some vintage cars like Lotus 49 the gyro still makes the steering very hard and slow (like it used before) which makes it hard to be precise with the car, can't tell if that is realistic/expected though.

4. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Heavy wheels spinning REALLY fast? I haven't tried the L49 yet, so maybe it still has the issue. The gyro feels a lot better in all the cars I've tried so far, though.

5. magzire

magzire Alien

Anyone with Clubsport wheel using gyro=1?

6. Thank You again :) I'll try it.

7. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Probably and it makes driving and even slight countersteering hard. Although it's interesting that this steering damping/friction with gyro=1 reduced quite a lot on modern cars since physics update so that it now feels natural and doesn't hinder steering, but on Lotus 49 doesn't seem it changed.

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Speaking of Highlands, it may not be old Spa, but I think it suits the L49 quite well. ;)

9. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

True, but they advertised it with the whole "The perfect circuit doesn't exist, so we created it" thing. I like the catchphrase, but it simply doesn't fit the track. I however really like the track for what it is and it will definitively get some use.

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Any tips on what settings to use for DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL and DAMPER_GAIN with a G25 with gyro on?
    Never tried the gyro before.

Right now I have as it was in the ini:
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0
    DAMPER_GAIN=1

11. TDS

TDS Alien

this damper afaik is for stationary to simulate heavy wheel when lower than around 3km/h
    ac only uses the driver damper for that exclusively.
    but its also possible to fake add it on game for heavier wheel overall while driving.

Schnipp likes this.
  12. Try this:
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01
    DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

Schnipp likes this.
  13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm happy like this:
    [FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=1
    DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.2
    DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 ; Set to 0 for Logitech g920

deni80s, AurusCE, marty73 and 9 others like this.
  14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Which wheel?

sacredaardvark likes this.
  15. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

16. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

holy **** that up shift sound on the audi is ****ing amazing!!!!!! my new favorite car :D

17. pavano

pavano Simracer

just watched the first few minutes of Stefano's online race stream from yesterday :)
    and apparently he has seen "Highlands" for the first time :D
    Because he was asking/remarking that there is no place to overtake on the short track
    (they were racing the Abarth 500) – and then joking that you can overtake only when the other guy thrashes his car.

Makes you wonder who decides about the freebie tracks.
    I'm glad there is the new Highlands, it's nice to have, at least the larger ones. The short one to me doesn't look that real. The buildings, the cobblestones.

Anyway, great update all around.
    Fanatec LED support seems to be exactly like what Fanaleds did, even with the brackets for showing the gear.

18. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Just tried the Lotus exige cup as Aris hinted in some post to try it after the v10 + inertia update. My first km at nords were mostly adjusting to the surprisingly very different handling. Still understeery but way less than before, and the feedback it was giving me when cornering was weird at first, really weird, felt like I could just turn forever and the front grip would never let go.

But then when I reached pflanzgarten it really struck me. The way the car reacted to these fast and bumpy corners... It really made sense. The load transfer, the tyre load, everything felt just right. Very preliminary opinion here, but so far I'm discovering a new sim, which feels awesome.

Amazing job really, now time to dumb down all this work to make DigiBros happy :p

19. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Of course, Stefano is working on the M4 Sherman for AC2 all the time...

20. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

So far Highlands is great fun. Just city corners should have more kerbs to run over. I think it would add character to those cornes. More challenge when car bounce over the kerbs and same time easier to search best line closer to the inside walls.