1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.16 and Bonus Pack 3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, Dec 20, 2017.

1. magzire

magzire Alien

so..... whats the next track :)

2. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Laguna wet.

marmagas likes this.
  3. pons

pons Simracer

Magione 2.0

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Forum exit bob-sledge. :D

5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Recently plenty of threads used to turn very weird instantly. Everything becomes clear after pushing a button to show ignored content. Xela...magzire...

So whats the next track ?

I bet the guy didn't evem lerned where the apexes are. And Laguna Seca is awesome in terms of researching it, it is full of surprises ! It is very nice in all ways. Except perhaps a bit difficult with mediocore drivers, even with good drivers it is very edgy track to race at.

To add something more to this post. I have disliked Giulia at first, but tried it with normal street tires, instead of those megasuperepic car tires, and it was so beautiful to drive. Though those hypermega tires made sense after trying normal tire, but those hypercar tires IDK, perhaps should try again, but felt boring.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    After_Midnight likes this.
  6. magzire

magzire Alien

Enough to beat you, i guarantee that. Maybe you did'nt know, iracing has laguna for years :O

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Edit

Mogster likes this.
  8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I did have a nice laugh at the AI when they tried the corkscrew, especially seeing some of them hit the sausage kerbs.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I did a lap within a tenth of Randy's with as similar line as possible but I've messed it up in post and edited out too much of one of the clips somewhere along the line :p

Here is the version put back together with string and tape

10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

A great track, I am enjoying driving the tatuus around it :) thank you!

@Lord Kunos - I remember in the past you said to mention AI scenarios with issues. I raced 5 times in the tatuus with he AI set to 10% aggression and on each occasion they caused pile ups in front of me on the left hand turn 6. Maybe a little tweak is needed in the future..

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

@Laguna Seca, penalty system should be better, more harsh. Now you can cut almost all of it, and still get away with no penalty. Else, great track indeed.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Sorry man, didn't know that you have mastered it. I wish you have had better manners though :)

magzire likes this.
  13. Where has everyone gone? Full server (Streetfight HW) when I arrived, and now there are only nine drivers. Come back!!!

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

This is quite an epic comparison. very similar. Just IRL he is doing so much of nervous steering corections. Also The bump in 1:00 is not in AC, perhaps AC Porsche is softer. Also there are plenty of very green grass.

Andy-R likes this.
  15. Real racing drivers hate track limits and want nothing to do with them. Sim racers beg for them.
    I was in there a little bit ago and the driving was terrible. Pretty sure I received more CP in two laps than I have in the last two months. If those drivers are what constitutes a B license there is no need for C, D, or W.

Solmyr, Biner and Christopher Low like this.
  16. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

In general I found a great update, also free, hard to believe that we have given Laguna Seca, my favorite track, it seems a dream to have my favorite track and my favorite car (250GTO).

I have only found two small things that I do not like, one is the sound of alfa giulia, I find it very unpleasant, at low revolutions it hardly makes noise and in high revs I do not like how it sounds.
    I have also found a problem that is bothering me, in the last curve of the circuit a tree appears suddenly, my eyes always focus on this tree. (I have watched some videos on youtube and I have not found this problem)

djtopa likes this.
  17. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

You're really conflating two fairly different issues.

Real racing drivers dont 'hate track limits'. Most drivers are entirely *for* track limits, but what they want is for tracks to not have so much usable run-off on the exits of corners and for some consistency in enforcement. Wanting less run-off is very much akin to a sim racer wanting stricter track limits as both have the intent of stopping people getting away with exploiting loose limits for laptime.

Sim racers want harsher penalties for *cutting corners* mostly, and rightfully so. This is generally where many drivers tend to find the more blatant(and often quite ridiculous) exploits. And since there's no stewards involved, the whole inconsistent penalty issue is not a thing in a sim game.

Tim Meuris and Haiden773 like this.
  18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I finally had the time to drive Laguna Seca and some of the cars. The track is so beautifully done and unique in its layout, each corner is a different mix of things and challenging to learn, I have never been on the real track but this one feels "real", also quite tough to learn for casual drivers.

I drove the Sesto Elemento, the Alfieri and the Huayra BC at LS on a multiplayer track day server. The Alfieri is a curvy girl after Thanksgiving dinner, carrying its weight with class.. but still heavy. The Sesto Elemento instead is a girl after a diet, svelte but moody. It seems to be a beast for LS corners with its will to grip the front as soon as you lift, but you have to be smooth even when lifting the gas because the rear just suddenly loses it. The Huayra BC is exhilarating, all the fun of the Huayra but faster. I could drive the BC on Laguna Seca for hours and hours.

Then I went to a Transfagarasan server and tried the Huracan Performante. Man, what a beast. With the Super Trofeo (slicks) on it's basically a race car, just infinite grip, super braking, you just need to go faster and faster, it shoots itself out of the tight corners on the mountain road. I really recommend Huracan Performante + Transfagarasan, hours of fun.

sissydriver and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Yup, I a few times missed something in my driving approach of this famous Corkscrew and ended in an illegal way to pass through it, but no cut track mentionned. So I agree it seems we can too much cut it. I guess it could lead to a bad MP experience if all the guys can legally cut it that way.

That is so unpleasant to hear to me also. No idea if it really is like that, but if, I can't get that design choice : a fast-road/racing car that sounds quite like a truck, with its very short gearbox.

Anyway, now I have a Stradale in my garage, I don't mind if entire world collapses. :D