1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Team DTO, Dec 19, 2019.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Am I confused? I thought Tire Wear and Fuel Consumption off was a tickbox in the realism settings?

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You're right, I even missed it myself, oh well damn arcade users :D

Tim Meuris, chksix, GRFOCO and 11 others like this.
  3. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps I'm just not trying hard enough (or maybe I'm just a very smooth driver) - but in races up to 60 mins in length, I've never found tyre wear to be much of a factor? The Pirellis are meant to be very hard wearing, right? So F1 style tyre performance drop-off doesn't really happen in my experience..

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

try something different than your pussy-I-can-survive-in-any-condition-merc and we'll talk again :D
    I'm dying the first time after 4 or 5 laps, and then it goes worse gradually.

Tim Meuris and swigaffu like this.
  5. lol you provide assists :D

6. Aris, with the update there is a high pitch vibration issue with just the 2019 porsche and the lambo evo, the other cars feels right..i am on simucube2

7. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I use the new AMR right now actually (and previously the Ferrari). But really, tyre wear after 4 or 5 laps is problematic? I really haven't found that at all.. how odd. Maybe I'm channeling Jenson Button and I'm just super smooth ;-)

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

FFB seems different on my G25, lighter generally with more centre deadzone slop. This is with the Aston and Porsche current special events so far.

Its frustrating as it was absolutely perfect out of the box before... Oh well, I haven’t messed with the settings yet.

9. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Or an API, like Destiny 2 has, for example.

f.e.negroni likes this.
  10. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

I have to disagree with you about me not being able to control the car due to the lighter fuel load raising my ride height. In qualification I lower fuel load to 15L and I get faster laps as the fuel gets used. So the problem I'm having is premature tire wear. In real endurance racing teams are known to double stint their tires, so I shouldn't be having tire wear issues after 40 minutes. Maybe the problem is car specific? I drive the Ferrari 488.

11. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Mate we are all here to try to help you out, but I can assure you there is no general issue with too heavy tyre wear or something. In our leagues we have several 90 minute races, several Ferraris in there as well, and an ACC simulated tyre can last that long easily.

What I cannot judge is whether there might be a case where AI‘s tyres wear slower than a human player‘s tyres

12. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Thanks for the reply. Do you race all 90 minutes on the same set of tires?

13. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Several times, yes. Even did 2h stint on one tyre set without issue myself. Yes you will have a good amount of wear and you‘ll clearly feel it, but not 3 seconds / lap after 45 minutes just because of wear.

But again, can only compare to humans, have no data on how fast AI wears the tyres

Team DTO likes this.
  14. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Hey Chriss, do you set the car up for longer tire wear? I use the base tire and suspension settings. I'm going to try adding some psi to the tires, at the expense of some grip, to see if that helps. Can you recommend other areas in the set up that can help me get better tire wear?

15. Chriss

Chriss Racer

In general less aggressive camber, correct PSIs (27,5-29.0 for dry tyres), sufficient TC and ABS (increase a bit over the duration of a stint) and keeping the temperatures in check should already be enough tbh to get you to „normal“ tyre wear levels

Tim Meuris and VeryStef like this.
  16. Team DTO

Team DTO Gamer

Thanks mate. ;)

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

In the Lambo I have always found a noticeable drop in grip 4 or 5 laps in, then it kind of stabilises with very slow drop in pace

Tim Meuris and Captain Barracuda like this.
  18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

When you setup your car for qualy with , let's say 15l during qualy ride height will not change a lot because you will at max lose 15kg.
    When you go from 120l to 15l the ride height will move a lot more.

If you set your ride height 50 ( random number) in the setup will start at this height with any fuel load.

19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

This ^

I always find a drop off around the 5 lap mark where I have to drive sensibly (steady pace with smooth inputs, not slow :D). If I overdrive during the next 5 laps trying to salvage pace the tyres will not come back, if driven sensibly they will stabilise around the 10 lap mark and by this time I'm in a good steady rhythm and past the "first few lap madness" trying to break away.

20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

This might be where you're going wrong. Dropping the fuel load on the same setup that you run a full tank with won't give you the same aero balance as a full tank run with less fuel in the tank. What happens is hard to articulate in a written message (or even in conversation for that matter) but I'll try to explain what I mean.

ACC setups give you and absolute ride height value. So whether you have 15 or 120 litres entered in the setup menu, the car will drop onto the track with the ride height values you have set. Where this differs is the effect on ride height has as the fuel load burns off. For the below examples the exact same car setup is used to try to explain, the only difference is the fuel level. Also bear in mind different cars have a different ride height change based on where the fuel tank is, what the spring rates are etc. I'll use the Merc as an example which gererally will experience a 1mm increase in front ride height, and a 3-4mm increase in rear ride height across a full tank run.

• Run 1 has 15L fuel, 46mm front ride height and 74mm rear ride height and this is your favourite ride heights
    • Run 2 has 120L fuel, *** the car will still have 46mm front ride height and 74mm rear ride height as the setup adjusts to compensate for the additional fuel and give you the ride heights specified in the setup screen***
    • Run 2 you drive around until you only have 15L of fuel left in the tank. At this time your ride height will be approximately 47mm front and 77mm rear, so NOT the same as running the same setup with 15L as in Run 1 example. Plus worn tyres plus track progression/regression and temp changes altering tyre pressures.
    This is where you need to make a decision on your starting ride heights when racing a full fuel run. Drop the car with 46/74mm and it will handle best at the start of the run (albeit high fuel weight), but it will get progressively worse throughout the run. Drop the car with 45/71mm and it will handle best at the end of the fuel run, but will understeer for most of the run and you may not have the tyres under it at the end to realise your best pace. Or you can go anywhere in the middle. It's a balancing act with lots of experimentation required to work out what is best for you.

Sim racers literally spend hundreds of hours getting this right, so respect the advice people are giving you. They're not obligated to help in any way and have usually painstakingly found out what works the hard way.

Other setup decisions and driving also impact tyre wear greatly as mentioned earlier. Simply following the AI line with the same fuel load doesn't mean you're driving the car the same, and doesn't mean you deserve good tyres at the end of a run. Sounds harsh, but it's how the sim world rolls :D

Tim Meuris, Si., Tim Larsen and 12 others like this.