1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Upgrade to triple screens suggestions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by _Fulgore_, May 16, 2017.

1. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

Hi all,

last year i upgraded to this monitor asus mg279q and like it a lot, but the cost is little to high to go for three....but lately im wanna play more online and than i got the issue correct fov, dont see opponents , helicorsa helps a lot but still i feel that im to carefull in corners to make a good move or defending or even racing, dont wanna make some accidents, and than i loose places,

so now my question the main screen is 144HZ, if i buy two extra screen on same resolution and size, but i save some money on the hz, so i go for 60 hz, how will this reflect in this case, main game will be running at 144 and two screens on 60 or will windows push it with nvidia surround to 3 x 60 hz, so the game will be capped at 60 fps???

regards

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room CPU/Mobo upgrade for Triple screen rig Apr 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Upgraded/newpc/triplescreen crossfire profiles? what settings do you use? Jan 24, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error and cant launch game with GPU upgrade [audio device] Feb 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 to PS5 free upgrade? Mar 31, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Avis/conseils pour upgrader mon setup VR Dec 27, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Upgrade ram 32 GB Dec 17, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Upgrade Problem Feb 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Upgrade PS5 - what about the DLC Jan 27, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Upgrade to AC ultimate edition with csp and sol Jan 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions 49" ultrawide --> upgrade GPU, CPU, or both? Aug 8, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Upgrade Suggestion Jul 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions NextGen upgrade cost Jun 6, 2021

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Never tried to combine monitors with different refresh rate in nvidia surround. But from my understanding you will be limited to 60 Hz for the combined surround screen. So, if you use v-sync, game will be limited to 60 fps.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

In principle, it should be possible to have the full resolution at 144 Hz, but you'll have a hard time finding a graphics card that can do that at a resolution of 7680×1440.
    Personally, for tripple screen, I'd get 3 27" or 32" 1920×1080 screens that can do Adaptive Sync or Gsync (whichever is your favour, I'd go for the former) at 50-120 Hz or preferably up to 144 Hz (but 120 Hz should be sufficient).
    That is, unless you're using it for other tasks where you need the higher single screen resolution.
    Anyway, with such a setup, you wouldn't need to worry about tearing nor input/output lag too much.

At least that is the sort of solution I'm looking at. Or a single 35" 21:9 screen running at 144 Hz, but there aren't too many of those, unfortunately.

5. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

to run any tripple setup above 60hz you need sli since only dp supports refresh rates above 60hz
    (ok, dvi can support 120hz but dvi-dp conversion is not possibly by cable only)

i'm running tripple 27" at 7680x1440 gsync with sli 2x1070 and i7-7700, everything overclocked about 10%
    with the gfx a bit turned down i have stable 100fps, the 2x1070 nvidia surround supports 120hz at 7680x1440

without gsync you will be disapointed, with nvidia surround i think you still can run gsync on main screen
    and non gsync on external screens but all screens must have same resolution (and gfx card must be the same as well)
    (ac tripple setup assumes x3 same resolution as well)

the overal experince using tripple screen is very positive, but for 7680x1440 its going to be expensive, your cpu will
    not manage the load, i had an i7- 47xx but had to upgrade to a new one since i had periodic micro stutter with maybe +5 cars on screen
    (and that means new mother board, memory, cpu and fan and so on...)

to stay with some budget, use tripple 1920x1080 with gsync (or freesync if you that kind of guy :)

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  6. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

yes, you need Display Ports for high res+high Hz, but don't most gfx cards have 3 DPs nowadays? I would really recommend not going SLI.

I'm not sure this info is correct. But since his main monitor doesn't do gsync anyway it's probably irrelevant.

7. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

Yes, you are correct, it seems that even some 1070 cards have 3xDP, my asus strix have 2xdp but all evga seems to have 3xdp

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I run gtx 1080 at 7680x1440 or 7980x1440 I think with bezel correction. With a single card at this res I had to drop a few settings just to make sure it stays above 60 fps. Going SLI I am able to run maxed out over 90 fps drop a couple settings and it gets silly high fps at 200+ at this res.

Using the HB sli bridge there is no stutter like I used to get in my old sli setup which was orginal gtx titans. Actually thise 2x titans performed only slightly better then a single gtx1080. So I figured I may as well try sli and at 4k or 1440 surround the gain in sli is pretty large and well worth it still. Not sure how 1070 go in sli but 1080 sli in supported titles is considerably faster then a single 1080ti at very high res.

Vram wise I think maxing everything in AC also forcing max 8xss aa it was still only around 4.5gb per card. So vram in 1070 shouldnt be an issue at that res as they are 6gb I think.

So for me having run SLI in a few generations 480's then titans now 1080's I think sli is actually the best it has been. There is no support for more then 2 cards but this hardly ever worked properly in most games so its not a big loss.

Regarding the different hz rates I think you will be forced to display at the rate of the slowest screen especially in nv surround but I am not sure about this.

9. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Good to hear that SLI is getting better and better and great that it works for you.
    I always had the feeling that 90 SLI fps didn't look better than 60 single fps.
    And with alternate frame rendering the frame still takes the same amount to be rendered as with a single card, so it's as old as with a single card.
    I tried different SLI configs (not the latest I admit) and for me it was never worth the money, let alone the hassle.
    And if you are into high end SLI, you always have to upgrade to SLI again, because a single card of the next generation would be a downgrade ;)
    So I personally always recommend buying a newer/better single card instead of buying the same one to make SLI. It might seem less expensive in the short term, but I'd say it's more expensive in the long run :D

10. Wergilius

Wergilius Simracer

yes, now when i think about it, for 3 single setup each could have it's own but for surround you need to go for the slowest (60hz)
    i first had 2x dp + 1x hdmi since i was told all cards needs to be connected on same card, but for surround you can use both cards dp connectors
    using 2dp and 1hdmi the performance was so bad it wasn't playable

only 1070 and up support sli, but for this hi rez setting i would say you still need an high en cpu to get decent hz without stutter (90+)

i was upgrading after couple of months so sli was an better option for me but for new installs one 1080 ti could be better (but then you could also have two of them :)

11. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

thx for all the input guys

the msi card that i own has 3xdp and 1xhdmi so no issue to go higher in hz.... and yes this pc is not able to run triples or maybe it does in very low quality but now the cpu allready struggles online with more than 20 people and medium settings and 120 fps, but thats the next step, just waiting a little bit with all the changes in cpu world and optane
    memory stuff.... i got time, just allready gathering info and than can build my way around from all the good tips and suggestions

pc is mainly used for gaming (99%) and little work :D ,

so at the moment im little stuck cause going back to 60 hz = BRRRRRR the thought only lol
    and from sli i stay away, read to many horror stories on different channels, my daily job is allready fixing customer issues, at home just wanna press play and enjoy my evening :)

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thought about jumping on the VR-train? Sounds in your opening post that you wanna save some money by going 60Hz instead of higher, look to get a DK2 maybe?

13. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

well its in my mind but i got glasses so no idea how it gonna be , at 3d movies i allready got headaches of it :D , the thought was to put cheaper side screens as you really watch to them often in racing i think but if i need 3 triples at same resolution and HZ, it will be that someday and for desktop use it doesnt matter

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im nearsighted and the DK2 coming with 2 pair of goggles and one is for people with nearsightness. With those I can drive without glasses on and still be able to see, they work really well :)

_Fulgore_ likes this.