1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Us console drifters feel forgotten

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ExtremeClawz, Feb 19, 2018.

1. ExtremeClawz

ExtremeClawz Rookie

Look i love this game very mutch bought season pass etc
    but the lobby's that i am most in are drift lobby's but with there only being 5 Drift cars in the game it's getting pretty boring to drift!

i was wondering if you guys are ever adding new drift cars or drift tracks!
    us xbox/ps4 people want new stuff!
    if we look up assetto corsa on youtube etc
    we see all these cool videos with 240sx's and RX-7's(fc) and a whole bunch of other cool different drift cars
    doing mountain runs on cool tracks like north course on ebisu or the touge track at ebisu or Mt.Haruma (a.k.a Mt.akina from initial d) us drifters on console would love to see something like that! even if you don't add any new drift cars give us a touge track! please?
    it feels like you guys are focusing alot on race tracks but forgot about us drifters..

A response would highly be appreciated from us console drifters!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions consoles up now Jan 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9 update, 2023 DLC hits consoles this month Jun 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions probable price sales during the Christmas holidays on consoles ? Dec 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Setups: console Vs PC Nov 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console Update 1.8.2.2 Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console update 1.8.1 Oct 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard and mouse support for ps5/consoles Jun 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bye console , I bought an acer nitro 5 May 4, 2022

3. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Those are all mods.. Not official content so if you want it, go PC and you can download them for free :)

Torcano, Maxidyne and Scuderia Paul like this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

FYI Kunos didnt make any of the tracks you mentioned, those were made by 3rd party modders. There are thousands of mods available for the PC version of AC, sadly mods aren't possible on the PS4. If you are really into drifting and love AC, getting a PC is the way to go. Its no different with GTA V on the PC, hundreds of mods available, most if not all of them free.

Over 7,000 mods available for AC at RD

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

5. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Any drift cars that were added would surely have to be free or just one in a pack. Even though I don't touch drifts I do agree a couple more tracks and cars would be beneficial to the game.

Kriig likes this.
  6. ExtremeClawz

ExtremeClawz Rookie

I know that they are mods but we console players can't download mods so it would be great if they brought a similar style update with like their own version of a mountain track and add new cars to the game

7. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

I do get how its frustrating that you console guys cannot have what we PC folks have, but that is the nature of a console over a pc. A console is meant to be a limited/restricted hassle free unit all contained within that small box. A pc is meant to be a lot more open and free to use how you want, but is prone to a lot more problems of miss matched drivers or whatnot..

As a few others have said.. If you are serious about drifting in AC or just serious about AC really your best bet all round is to switch to PC (i know its not what you want to hear, you spent hundreds on a console and then money on the game as well)

BUT.. Just from the game alone.. You have better gfx (it all depends on the power of your gfx card/ computer of course) You can have mods. SOOO MANY MODS both car and track, new apps and better versions of existing apps.. There is just a staggering amount of things that can happen to the program in one way or another (even create totally new looking menu systems, not just change its colour but change the shape of the buttons and general layout too)
    PC Addons, such as wheels, pedals, shifters, off the shelf ones or spend a fortune on those real fancy ones which are basically more real feeling than a real ones :) Upgradable pc parts, if you buy a pc with better specs than a ps4 expect it to run better and look nicer at the same time.. The amount of options available to you when you are on PC is just mind blowing.

Don't think im a console hater or anything, im really not, i own an Xbox360 and a PS3. But for any kind of simulation be it driving, flying, trains, farming, sailing.. You cannot get better than how the PC does it, with all of the available options and addons.
    You can even get a farm simulator wheel/pedals/control deck addon for PC so not only can you drive a tractor around, you can make the plow go up n down, or make the combine harvester blades whirl around... just like in a real tractor...
    Yeah we are that crazy :D

Sorry i went a little off track there..
    But yeah, Switching to PC should be a serious consideration for anyone who is really into his sims esp racing sims..

It would be REALLY cool if consoles could accept mods as well, i bet the file structure for the actual cars and tracks is pretty similar if not identical to how its done on pc. Most games are..

Ace Pumpkin and Orne like this.
  8. we have mods too on console... look on bethesda games... so is just about the software house to bring them on console, or if they are able to do that .. if you know what i mean after about 2 years of assetto corsa on console ..

9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

There's a huge dif between a fantasy game and a game full of licences and copy right infringement risks. Some of you people talk like you know how easy things are when you have no clue in reality. I'm sure in all your minds though it's a simple task to take someone's nodded track and check each and every individual texture to make sure it doesn't belong to someone else then once that is done optimise it to console.

Where's that guy who worked for Microsoft and own a Ferrari prototype? I'm sure he can tell us how piss easy it is.

10. never assume to know are other people you never known... plus for knowledge i was a programmer and now im a 3d designer, bytheway in " fantasy " games there are copyright too , using othere franchises or brands in the " fantasy" have copyrights too, maybe you have no clue too how things are in reality.. think about that!

11. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Sorry pal but I clearly have a clue. Yea obviously using brands is a copy right issue. Every car or track has a copy right hazard attached to it. You're making out you kn0w things and you're a programmer yet think that devs can spend hours and hours working on mods converting them for console, checking each texture to make sure they're not someone else's property, then optimising them, all for free and in no time? Yea I'm the one who has no clue. Your fantasy game comparison shows who has no clue.

12. lol dude, you think bethesda will check every mod? ahahah good luck with that! and they dont " optimize " for console, simply they have made the devkit to make the mods working on all the platforms! but yeah.. im the one that have no clue on things!! ahaha