1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

USB-C Monitor help needed...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Atak_Kat, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Racer

Hi all, need some tech advise.

I'm thinking of purchasing a small monitor to use as a sort of telemetry display, browser display, etc. Which I want to have visible while running sims in full screen. I already have a 49" CRG9 32:9 (just fantastic), but I'd like another display to have other things showing on.

I'm looking at some of these small USB-C monitors that are intended for use with a laptop. They are thin, the right size, and seem ideal for what I'm thinking.

But, I cannot understand if I can actually connect my pc to one of them:
    - I have ASUS ROG Strix Z370i motherboard. It has a USB-C port, but I cannot understand if it can output video over USB-C (I don't think so)
    - I have EVGA 1080TI FTW3, so for sure can use a Display port or HDMI output from that.

As far as I can tell, there is such a think as a USB-C to Display port cable, but I think it's only one-way (going from USB-C (like on a laptop) to Display Port (monitor). I don't think they can be used opposite direction??? But I don't know...

Anyone know (for sure) how to connect one of these USB-C monitors (intended for laptops) to a PC??? I don't want to buy and then find out it doesn't work as I thought.

Example of one of the ones I'm thinking about:
    ASUS MB16AP (16", 1920 x 1080 pixels)
    null-H-002.xxl3.jpgexportGa4PCo68TlLe9g.jpeg

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to add an external view to a 4th monitor Sep 19, 2020
    General modding discussion How to add an external view to a 4th monitor Sep 11, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Game not mirroring as desired onto monitor (spectator mode?) Aug 19, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Samsung 49" Monitor Issue Aug 17, 2020
    General modding discussion Sim Commander 4 - Not monitoring for external game launches? Aug 12, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos triple monitor and screenshots Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lexus Rear View Dash Monitor Jun 9, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash with loss of HDMI input (VR and Monitor) 1.4.2 Jun 1, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering after changing monitors May 10, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Upgrading to a 34" ultrawide monitor May 5, 2020
    ACC User Interface User Interface out of a central screen in a 3 monitor May 1, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Multi monitor with VR and VR center button Apr 20, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Monitor Question re triple screen Apr 6, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can I play ACC with just 2 monitors? Mar 26, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions How well does the RX 5600 XT perform @ 5760x1080 triple monitor setup? Mar 25, 2020