1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

USB-C Monitor help needed...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Atak_Kat, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Racer

Hi all, need some tech advise.

I'm thinking of purchasing a small monitor to use as a sort of telemetry display, browser display, etc. Which I want to have visible while running sims in full screen. I already have a 49" CRG9 32:9 (just fantastic), but I'd like another display to have other things showing on.

I'm looking at some of these small USB-C monitors that are intended for use with a laptop. They are thin, the right size, and seem ideal for what I'm thinking.

But, I cannot understand if I can actually connect my pc to one of them:
    - I have ASUS ROG Strix Z370i motherboard. It has a USB-C port, but I cannot understand if it can output video over USB-C (I don't think so)
    - I have EVGA 1080TI FTW3, so for sure can use a Display port or HDMI output from that.

As far as I can tell, there is such a think as a USB-C to Display port cable, but I think it's only one-way (going from USB-C (like on a laptop) to Display Port (monitor). I don't think they can be used opposite direction??? But I don't know...

Anyone know (for sure) how to connect one of these USB-C monitors (intended for laptops) to a PC??? I don't want to buy and then find out it doesn't work as I thought.

Example of one of the ones I'm thinking about:
    ASUS MB16AP (16", 1920 x 1080 pixels)
    null-H-002.xxl3.jpgexportGa4PCo68TlLe9g.jpeg

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality VR and Monitor at same time Effect on Graphics Card Oct 31, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Why is game small on my monitor but in VR it's correct size? Oct 12, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Monitor displaying both lenses Aug 4, 2019
    General modding discussion Sim Commander 4 - Not monitoring for external game launches Jun 26, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Menus and hud reflected in monitor Jun 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC Monitor resolution in Menu and Game different Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality why this image at my monitor? Jun 8, 2019
    ACC User Interface Switch between monitors May 19, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server Instance Monitoring Mar 15, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars ACC Triple Monitor - Bezel Changes Mar 3, 2019
    Screens & Videos Triple Monitor Vertical Height - F1 Playseat Feb 5, 2019
    ACC User Interface ACC doesn't always default to the highest monitor refresh rate - And you cant chose which to use. Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot quit from non-VR ACC on monitor if SteamVR is installed Dec 19, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lamborghini missing rear view monitor. Dec 18, 2018