1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Use default ppeffects with 1.4

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristotelis, Dec 15, 2015.

1. I notice that the folders with the PP filters is no longer there anymore either.

2. This new pp filter does not seem to have such an fps effect. The previous version cost me about 40 fps. Imo none of the filters have looked very good on my system in the past but that proberly because theyve never worked well on my SLI pc.

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

My system is not old/weak and still I want to turn PP off because of 3D surround.
    The fact is, that before v1.4 it looked good without PP effects. Maybe not that good as with PP on but good enough.
    Now with 1.4 it looks ugly as you can see on the screenshots from the affected people and that's not okay, no matter if one has a strong or a weak system.
    The reason are the new weatherfiles though (in my opinion)...

Reik Major, F430_458_F12 and LeSunTzu like this.
  4. Just tested and PP seems to eat about 40fps, which is a lot.

F430_458_F12 and Mike1304 like this.
  5. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

Where do I check the brightness in game?

6. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

Michael, back in the days of early acces no PP filter was really a loss. Recently and with the need to gain fps I turned it off and... well, it was not bad at all. Most effects are visible in replay only indeed. So, to help in some technical situations (3Dvision, surround, oculus, need of 60 fps for vsynch) maintaining the possibility to gain 30% fps with this option is a clever move

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  7. Page up and Down for exposure or brightness

Topuz likes this.
  8. Do you guys still not see brake lights when PP is disabled or has that changed?

9. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

Am I imagine or only nvidia gfx users (not all) have PP filter problems ...

10. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Yes. Still no good visibility of brake lights in 1.4 with PP OFFFFF.
    And yes, the sky gamma with PP OFF is ugly.
    This all MUST be corrected by Kunos . Otherwise its a shame of devs.
    I am so tired to be a game ball in bad dev hands guys :mad:

11. Wait, you have a 970 on one screen and don't have PP enabled? Why?

12. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

I am using PP in my rig before 1.4. They ruined now .
    BUT . The PP off picture is MUST be ideal in gamma and break lights anyway because this is a start point of graphisc...
    Man, DON'T MAKE ME ( US) FOOLISH...
    PS And yes, the " Great" Kunos Default PP filter is eating 40 fps ! Did you know about that? ))) Very "good" things happens...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Mike1304 likes this.
  13. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

For everyone who's bothered with auto exposure being a bit too erratic (in my opinion too dark in sunny weathers and too bright in cloudy weathers, kinda also dependent on fov), I made couple of tiny changes and now it looks great in all weathers. I've turned off the auto exposure and decreased the constant exposure. Now the sunny weathers look nice and bright and cloudy weathers are not overexposed.

Attached Files:

14. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

Problem with pp off is evident in mugello circuit where mountains turn white in the distance

15. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

It's always about 30 fps on or off, when using ultra settings.

16. Volkoz (Tom)

Volkoz (Tom) Gamer

For those with too bright and greenish sky when PPfilters are off, I worked on a set of clear and mid_clear weathers.

It's not as good as with filters but still a good start for more tweaking, and to have an enjoyable visual on lower performances computers.

[​IMG]

I also posted this in the tread about Brightness issue and blue haze

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

17. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I need to spend some time, I only played a bit last night but I was sleepy. I did not notice any real difference in the PP filters? Perhaps now it acts a little bit like the older "Movie" filter? Could just be a placebo on my part. But I certainly didn't notice such a difference to make it feel "worse" than it was somehow. I'll need to play a bit more. Wonder if it has to do with people's setups and we're all getting different results for some raason?

18. SirJack

SirJack Racer

Of course, every people has setup their monitors in different ways regarding brightness, contrast, colour settings, etc. ect.

19. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Yes, that is understandable, but I was talking about internal hardware (gpu sli setups, etc) rather than peripherals. For me, without changing any settings on my screens for example, it mostly feels the same.

20. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

fov/triple screen affects how the auto exposure works. e.g. high fov or multiple monitors = more cockpit = darker image according to yebis metering of the whole image, therefore autoexposure boosts more and more so thats the main reason for such variation between systems i think.