1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Use default ppeffects with 1.4

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristotelis, Dec 15, 2015.

1. gcflora

gcflora Racer

I have a 970 on a single screen and do not have PP enabled. Why? Simply because I choose to. The PP is, IMO, horribly ugly. I've tried adjusting all the options and it remains ugly, so I just don't use it. Apart from being ugly why would I want lens effects (except maybe if I was making a video)? My eyes are not cameras, they are eyes.

Diabolus, Johnnypenso and esox71 like this.
  2. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Curious, are you referring to the awfully blurry appearance of the default filter when in replay/external mode?

3. gcflora

gcflora Racer

I'm referring to how things look when I'm driving.

4. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

I've given up entirely on the PP effects in v1.4. In addition to the issue with extreme over exposure I also noticed that I was taking a significantly larger hit on FPS performance compared to the PP effects in v1.3. we'll see what the next patch or v1.5 will bring but I'm not wasting any more time on it. Back to driving!

Blamer and Holmis like this.
  5. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

I'm using PP on high, blur off, preset S1 dynamic, exposure on 90% and it is incredibly realistic with no FPS hit!

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  6. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

V1.4.1 is out now. S1-Sport is better...

7. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I honestly can't remember the last time i've used the pp filters that came with ac. There are mod filters out there which are miles ahead of ac's own ppfilters with the added benefit of "less performance hit"

8. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

...less performance hit???

9. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I don't have the exact numbers with me but if i get let's say 75 fps with default ac ppfilters, i get 80 fps with @ears1991 's ppfilters. And the image looks waaay better too.

10. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Aah, ok. Thanks...

11. Dont know if it fits here or better in the general 1.4 thread. But - Barcelona with snow covered mountains? ;) (PP off, v1.41, default clear)

2015-12-22_00005.jpg

12. Volkoz (Tom)

Volkoz (Tom) Gamer

13. gundi

gundi Gamer

Update 1.4.3 solved the exposure issue with pp-off for me. Game looks very good now with standard weather files!
    Thank you Kunos!:)

But one problem should still be fixed:
    When pp is off, visitors/spectators are very dark...

14. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Is S1-Dynamic filter finetuned now? Because with v1.4.2 it was way too dark...

15. Volkoz (Tom)

Volkoz (Tom) Gamer

It is still reallllllly dark for me. Default, expanded, photographic are those I prefer so far. For NO PP filter users tough it is much better now, but still not realistic enough. I'm working on a fine tuned set, that will also be nice with PPfilters as well.

16. Redglyph

Redglyph Gamer

Nope, default/no PP filter users have a very dark screen, it's been broken since 1.4 and it's not an improvement at all ;)
    And yes, it's still broken with 1.4.3.

17. Volkoz (Tom)

Volkoz (Tom) Gamer

18. Niksounds

Niksounds Rookie

S1-DYNAMIC is perfect on shadows..but it results dark at the end.. if it was a little bit brighter it can be near perfection.
    Also i like the contrast in the shadow zone and sun in this preset. I hope it will improved without losing this aspect
    Nik

19. Volkoz (Tom)

Volkoz (Tom) Gamer

You can boost exposure with page up or reduce it with page down, you will get a value that suits S1dynamic for you!

20. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

I don't think so. I tried it and the result is bad...