1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

v1.0 BoP Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Chriss, May 30, 2019.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

..and you should see how the laptimes change in different weather conditions, wetness, wind... the lot :D :p :D :p
    "only a bunch of gt3 cars and circuit, it's gonna be boring" :p

PSIRUS, Dookie, bobbydakid and 10 others like this.
  2. junneh

junneh Gamer

Track : Spa-Francorchamps
    Conditions : Hotlap, 12:00, agressive setup, custom fixed weather 27 C
    Nissan GT-R (2018) 2:20.01
    Mercedes AMG 2:19.64
    Nissan GT-R (2015) 2:21.138
    AMR Vantage 2:18.37
    Audi R8 2:18.40
    Porsche 911 GT3R 2:19.05
    Bentley Continental (2018) 2:18.15
    BMW M6 2:18.90
    Jaguar 2:20.06
    Lexus RCF 2:18.54
    Lamborghini Huracan 2:17.84
    Mclaren 650S 2:19.88
    Ferrari 488 2:18.13
    Acura NSX 2:20.40

All in V1.0

be mindful, with some setup tweaks from agressive the merc is doing 2.18 low already. All other cars can be faster then preset too I suppose

3. Chriss

Chriss Racer

@junneh thanks A LOT mate! Spa times looking very interesting as well. Btw very well driven! Have added your times to post #1

4. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

@Chriss a little update;

Mercedes: 1:35.076
    Honda: 1:36.924 (still ****)
    Lexus: 1:35.463 (much better with high TC)

Chriss and Primetime like this.
  5. junneh

junneh Gamer

Zolder, Hotlap mode, 22C fixed, 12;00

Nissan GT-R (2018)
    Mercedes AMG 1.29.05
    Nissan GT-R (2015)
    AMR Vantage 1.29.74
    Audi R8 1.28.89
    Porsche 911 GT3R 1.29.14
    Bentley Continental (2018) 1.29.40
    BMW M6 1.29.55
    Jaguar 1.29.13
    Lexus RCF 1.29.24
    Lamborghini Huracan
    Mclaren 650S
    Ferrari 488
    Acura NSX 1.30.34

Audi seems very good on every track so far..

Chriss and Leynad like this.
  6. Primetime

Primetime Rookie

Aggressive setup?

7. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

What about the Gallardo, guys? :(

8. I have videos for all these laps (excluding the NSX), not uploading them all though. So if you want one I haven't linked just quote me and ask for it!

Optimal conditions, 5PM, default Safe Setup on all cars.
    Hungaroring lap times:
    Audi R8 LMS - 1:45.657
    Ferrari 488 - 1:45.138 (Best I've done in this one was a low 1:43, but hat was during the hotlap event)
    Mercedes AMG - 1:46.623
    Porsche 911 GT3 - 1:47.274
    Acura NSX - 1:47.229 (Have a faster ghost car lap by two tenths but I can't beat it this evening)
    Lexus RC F - 1:45.012 (video) ← Actually did this one two days ago.
    Jaguar G3 - 1:47.172
    V12 Vantage - 1:46.290
    Bentley Continental 2018 - 1:46.680
    BMW M6 - 1:47.124
    Nissan GTR 2018 - 1:46.179 (video) (Really easy car to push in)
    McLaren 650S - 1:47.460
    Huracan GT3 - 1:45.066

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Chriss likes this.
  9. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

It seems that the lambo and ferrari are the fastest cars overall, but it puzzles me why the mercedes is so slow, supposedly it was the car that won the constructors championship, it can't be so uncompetitive.

10. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Maybe a bit off-topic, but this is interesting. I went on testing new cars - new for me - on some tracks with up to 30 AI opponents and fixed settings in every free practice session (same weather, same AI levels etc).

15-20 laps for me among AI cars, three tracks and tree cars for me, and the results are:

Me in Mercedes-AMG at Barcelona - 19th
    Me in McLaren at Silverstone - 19th
    Me in Lexus at Spa-Francorchamps - 19th

How about that? :D

11. Chriss

Chriss Racer

yep... but it's also sometimes pretty unstable at the rear under braking and over curbs, so certainly not the easiest car to drive and to deliver consistent, stable lap times lap after lap. I assumed you used that "Aggressive" standard preset for your Zolder turns as well :)

12. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Man, thanks a lot for adding these times! Included now in the first post. It's quite interesting to see, I think the "Safe" setup has much more variance between the possible lap times you can achieve with this, compared to the "Aggressive" setups. Which seems reasonable to me: Some cars are already very easy to drive with the "Aggressive" setup, so proably not much change was needed to call it a "Safe" setup. Others are very catchy at the rear end with the "Aggressive" setup, probably those were in need of more thorough setup tweaks to make them "Safe"...

Btw could you link your video of the Porsche lap time? Would be interesting to see how it behaves in Hungary with the "Safe" setup.

Hexadecimator likes this.
  13. Chriss

Chriss Racer

I have a gutfeeling that the Merc isn't slow, it may well be the Aggressive standard setup that is holding it back... at least it has been proven that you can yield 1-2 seconds, depending on track, of lap time improvement by altering it's setup.

14. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

I found the Mercedes is fastest around Misano but I needed ridiculous amounts of TC to do so. Power delivery management is pretty much non-existant on this car. I reckon that with the proper setup this car is a beast.

Chriss likes this.
  15. Chriss

Chriss Racer

Btw I just checked the PRO semi-final at Paul Ricard, and here the people used Lambo, Lexus, and BMW mostly. That fits not too bad to our latest findings here with regard to lap times in the standard setups (although BMW is probably used because of straight line speed and torque, not because of best lap times)

16. The Porsche is a handful at this track, need to really trail brake deep into a corner in order not to spin. My driving style typically involves lifting and coasting prior to the apex to help rotate the car, and then getting to the gas early... That's not really possible in the Porsche - You need to brake late to keep weight on the front when you start turning, and when you hit the gas your front will push wide. My driving style best fits front engine cars with a planted rear on exit (such as the GTR and BMW).
    I felt I needed (and still do) more practice with the Porsche, so I put a lap in and moved onto something easier.
    Here's the lap, it's capable of a mid 1:46 if you have the right driving style.

And regarding the braking technique... The ABS locks up the inside wheel pretty easily in the Porsche, and easing off the brakes while turning in sometimes throws off the balance. So I decided to brake in a straight line towards the apex a few times, turning isn't a problem after that since the car changes direction no problem off the brakes.
    It's a matter of controlling weight transfer on the suspension of this car, that's a suspension setup mess I don't want to dive into.

Freddie Seng and Chriss like this.
  17. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Would be really great if the lap times on the 1st post would be arranged in a vertical table from the fastest to slowest, so we don't need to look in line and find that information...
    The way it's done right now is very inconvenient imo.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  18. Chriss

Chriss Racer

I'll consider this suggestion mate, am right now thinking about highlighting the fastest and slowest times per track in green/red

Why I don't like to sort them in order of lap time is 1) the order is different per each track, would look like a mess when you try to quickly find the time for "your favorite car" on each track 2) i don't want it to look like the ultimate, objective ranking of car performance, which it is not. It just gives some hints to current BoP with the standard setups

Any further concrete formatting suggestions are highly welcome :)

19. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

That's why for me the Porsche is the most interesting car to drive, but sadly will be the least driven car when it comes to competitive races. ;( It's just totally different from all the rest...which also is different from one another but not as much as the Porsche^^
    Really great job from Kunos on making each car very characteristic :))

SimGuy_1, Epistolarius and Diablo_rf like this.
  20. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

1) That could be done by setting every car an it's own color, that way it will be much easier to track it. :rolleyes:
    2) If ranking of the car performance is not the objective here, then what's the point of doint this tests??:D

And also I think would be great if after you get the laptimes for all the cars in all the tracks, to do an avarange standings of the cars based by their performance on all of the tracks ;)