1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic V1.03 on console? 10 key features missing from the console version

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Nov 11, 2016.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

This week we've had the news that private lobbies are coming SOON and that the console version is now 1.03. This seems to have given the impression that other than the ongoing multiplayer lobby issues the console version is now on par with the pc version at the same stage of development. The versions of the game are not even close to the same, here are the 10 key features still missing from the console version:

1. Track limits are still missing both in career mode, hot lapping and online. Remember the strapline for this game on the console stores is "This is not just a game. This is real sim racing...ups the simulation...pin point accuracy". Unless this is fixed in the next patch, and there is no mention of it in the community update, the private lobbies will be of limited use too.

2. Lap Times. The console version does not collect or store lap times in any form where the pc version at least keeps a log of personal bests. Pen and paper it is then, point 1 makes the whole issue of lap times questionable.

3. Telementy. No meaningful on screen telemetry making a game all about simulation and detail detail quite limited.

4. Button configuration. Console users are unable to personalise any button configuration and lose certain functions if they want to add others.

5. Unsupported official controllers and peripherals. In other cases even if the peripheral is recognised there are multiple issues within the game.

6. Save game and game progress files causing synchronisation issues and then deleting progress. Interestingly the very same issues that plagued pCARS in the early days.

7. Player profile settings deleted if a different controller is used. Forget to plug your wheel in to the console before booting up, that's the wheel configuration overwritten.

8. Car Setup files not saving or holding once saved. For a 'real simulation' this is a tiny bit important.

9. Cars assigned to the wrong classes. Where the advice is often for console players to just enjoy hot lapping (see issues 1, 2, 3 & 7) and the Vs AI races until the multiplayer is fixed this is an issue.

10. Low speed corner frame rate issues / lag remain, somewhat improved from the launch version but a noticeable distraction all the same. In other similar console racing games options can be selected to give better game performance over graphical enhancements, just a thought.

Looking back 9 of these issues were highlighted in the higher quality and more in depth reviews of the game at launch and here they remain today.

The console version may be called version 1.03 but it has some significant differences from the pc version at the same stage. Will version 1.09 bring true parity (graphical limitations aside), who knows?

Bren002, TNTNitro, Fettsback and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions consoles up now Jan 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9 update, 2023 DLC hits consoles this month Jun 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions probable price sales during the Christmas holidays on consoles ? Dec 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Setups: console Vs PC Nov 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console Update 1.8.2.2 Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console update 1.8.1 Oct 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard and mouse support for ps5/consoles Jun 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bye console , I bought an acer nitro 5 May 4, 2022

3. Can't argue with much of that.

Really disappointing, as my PC has died, so no more iRacing for a bit.

I've given up on AC at this time, mainly playing PCars on the Xbox.

If the game can be brought up to a level somewhere near the PC version, I will play it again for sure.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I seem to have you on my friends list on Xbox live MBK, though I have no idea how or why :p

MBK72 likes this.
  4. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

well it's taken nearly 2 years to get the pc version to where it is. Don't expect everything on console to be on par with pc within a few months ;)

Chris White and Horus like this.
  5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Your on mine as well mattyonline. lol was you a member of I think it was called xboxracing last year. setup for forza and pcars.

6. I'm not expecting it to be on par with the PC version ever.
    That's not a realistic goal in my opinion.
    But basic things like private and customisable lobbies missing are just ridiculous. I'm not a programmer, but I cannot believe it's that difficult?
    Every other racing game on the planet has them!
    This game was not in a fit state to be released on consoles, and should have been either delayed, or the even harder decision of canning the release altogether if it was proving to be too hard to port.

Fettsback and MBK72 like this.
  7. Ahh, yes that was it.

Xboxracer on Forza.

It all got a bit tetchy with people being reprimanded for playing non official races or something, so I gave up on it quite quickly !

MBK72 likes this.
  8. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

lots of the old gang play p cars now, but since all the new AAA games came out, every ones on different games either horizon, gears or battlefield at the moment but that racing blood will return it always does. just drop into the party chat if your online. All the lads have got A/C as well, well there game draw has it keeping it warm until the day the private lobbies appear.

MBK72 likes this.
  9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Track limits seem mostly ok to me, from a hot lap point of view anyway, with penalties on I have had plenty of laps disallowed! I do not go looking for short cuts though, but I do push limits on curbs...

What the game doesn't do is show you the lap has been struck in the HUD, it only reports the fastest lap within the set limits in the "session"screen.

Maybe it would be better to create a thread to highlight the problem corners so they can be looked into?

paul_wev and MBK72 like this.
  10. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

or on there hard drives as there was idiots like me paying the extra £9,99 so didnt have to go to the shop ha

11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

lol I was one of those idiots who downloaded iit at an extra £9.99

12. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

It wasn't up to par when it was released on pc either.. but we waited and the stuff that was missing or broken got sorted out. We didn't have ANY kind of MP when we first got the game, let alone private lobbies. Heck we couldnt even do a race weekend properly (practice, qualify, race) in OFFLINE mode let alone online, only half the code was written so we had to do nasty back door hacks to try and just get qualifying. But we stuck with it and eventually it all got done.

Unfortunately it was delayed, but everyone kept moaning about it not being out yet on console, so they they did what the majority wanted and pushed to released it to try and please you guys.
    Don't think just coz you are on console that its something specific just to you guys, PC got it as well. Hell you didn't even have to live through "early access days" we did, which was a nightmare. And when it came to V1.0 a lot of stuff still wasnt done. But eventually most of it was. And regarding private lobbies. I doubt you guys are gonna have to use a dedicated server to create a lobby like we do. We can;t just call up the mp section and say "make a lobby" we have to run a server program on a computer "preferably a separate computer to the one you use for racing" So when you do get private lobbies ( which is said to be coming shortly) you are gonna have it even easier than us.. So think yourself lucky, you didn't have to put up with everything we had to put up with AND you will be getting somethings that are done a lot easier on console than on pc..

13. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

You cant compare a pc early access game with a complete game on consoles. When the game is released as an early access title it is quite nornal that everything is not finished and features are missing. However the console version was not released as an early access title but a full completed game. Pc version been out for several years it was pretty normal to assume that the console version would also have mostly the same features as already seen on pc. Which sadly was not the case at all.

paul_wev, ppbucko, MBK72 and 4 others like this.
  14. Exactly this.

This was not an early access kickstarter, or an alpha/beta.
    It's a game that's been out ages, and in a fantastic state on the PC, which I also own and have played, so please enough with the "you console users"!

As stated, I don't expect the console to run the game exactly as a high end gaming rig would. Just a use able, functional game, is all any of us want.

ppbucko, MBK72 and Fettsback like this.
  15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Also worth remembering there is a Preview programme available on Xbox Live (effectively early access) if the develop the game over time route was the developer intention. Almost all of the negative feedback would have been turned into a positive if they had taken this approach just as Frontier did with Elite Dangerous. In the Preview programme players would mostly have forgiven the framerate issues for the glorious handling knowing it would be fixed over time. Equally KS would have learned quickly that the number one feature console gamers wanted was private/friends multiplayer racing.

I see the devs lack of understanding of console gamers as the problem, they thought we wouldn't notice and they'd get away with publishing a beta port and 1/3 complete UI.

TheMattyOnline likes this.