1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Valve Index VR headset

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Turk, May 1, 2019.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

iVG and Coanda like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Valve Index texture glitch Jan 13, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Distant objects appear double in Valve-Index Jun 5, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Best Settings for Valve Index and 2080Ti/9900KS Jan 21, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality For the 2080ti with valve index guys... Dec 26, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality 90 fps, 1080ti and valve index Nov 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Best vr settings for valve index Sep 29, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Valve Index, SteamVR beta, ACC 1.0.7 beta Aug 8, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality valve index and 1080ti settings Aug 6, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Valve Index and 2080Ti Performance Aug 3, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds VR valve index fps stuck at 60fps Jul 31, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Valve Index Settings Jul 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality rift s vs valve index Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC with new VR headset „Valve Index“ May 1, 2019
    Sounds modding fmod - turbo blowoff valve - how to? Jan 29, 2020
    Audio Bugs & Issues Audi S1 Group B blow-off valve Feb 26, 2017

3. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Resolution is identical to the Vive Pro, Odyssey+ and HP reverb.

4. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Got the HP resolution wrong. That's much higher than even the Index, at 4320 x 2160.

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Index is a bit too expensive I think for what it is, especially so if you don’t already have some base stations. Looking forward to seeing some reviews of the HP Reverb, hardware requirements are a concern though.

6. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Actually the Index is the 2.0 Version of Rift.
    - Knuckles seems to be nextgen. Touch was crazy good for the begin.
    - Sensors of Valve were always better, here in 2.0V
    - top notch audio build in. Every Friend i showcase my Rift is blown away from the build in headphones. Index seems to do even better
    - more Hz, on Monitors it works out and with more Hz you can read better words and such in VR. Didnt knew myself until i researched it.

Only Downside is the missing OLED screen and SteamVR (****ty tool).

7. Turk

Turk Alien

I was a bit surprised by the lack of OLED, but I get the impression it's not really ready for the average consumer yet, they supposedly have a much shorter life span than LED and are prone to things like screen burn.

8. Psit

Psit Alien

I try to stay away from posting much, but when i see people writing stuff they dont understand completely i just cant stand it.
    Oculus Rift is OLED. Vive Pro is OLED. "much shorter life span than LED and are prone to things like screen burn" <-- nope
    Without getting too much into technical details, OLED is good for blacks, bad for completely black to white transitioning (slow).
    As for HZ, the key spec of the index is not more HZ = clearer picture, but a full RGB screen (not pentile) which means in simple words that the display will have more clarity compared to same resolution screen of other HMD's
    Please stahp.

GCCRacer, Lawndart and Deatroy like this.
  9. iVG

iVG Alien

But OLED are prone to burn in.

10. Psit

Psit Alien

You are right, i meant to say that that's not the reason they are not being used by the Vive.

11. iVG

iVG Alien

Oh yeah sure. Looks good though.

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I bought the Rift last year for my birthday and the Index looks so good I'll probably cave and get it for this year's bday if I can swing it:p

13. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm just repeating what the tested guys in the video say about why they may have avoided an OLED. I said "supposedly" they have a shorter lifespan. They also said the higher refresh rate made a big difference to immersion. I have never tried one so I have to take the people who have at their word.

henkjansmits likes this.
  14. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

i made a jump into the cold water and reserved one.
    it will be my first vr.
    i dont know how it will be but after reading from other vr hardware everyone has some pros and cons.
    i hope ACC will be running fine (and has until release of the index mouse support in vr ^^ )

15. Turk

Turk Alien

If it's your first VR headset I'd say you'll love it. All the VR headsets are pretty much on a par in my opinion, there are slight differences but the experience isn't all that different across the big boys at least. Without trying each headset ignorance will be bliss, the effect of VR is astonishing enough to remove any regrets around the specifications of other headsets.

Serge M and Seelenkrank like this.
  16. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I have concerns about the resolution by comparison with HP reverb, and it's more expensive..
    With the HP reverb, I'm pretty sure to have a big difference, with the "Valve index" maybe not so much.

I have already the Oculus Rift. I haven't made up my mind yet but what I want is a sharp/clear image (a significant improvement on this point).

17. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

Same here and therefore, I am leaning towards the HP reverb.

DzelRacing likes this.
  18. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Got mine two birthdays ago and also tempted to 'upgrade', but I'm sorta leaning towards holding out until my next PC upgrade probably in 12 to 18 months, and upgrading the headset then. Hopefully Rift 2.0 would be a reality by then.

19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I have Rift too and would like to upgrade some day but I‘m not sure which HMD on the market would have more Wow-effect for me compared to the Rift:

Higher resolution or higher FOV?

Even the Index has higher resolution than Rift but Reverb is even higher.

But on the other hand higher FOV could maybe be more breathtaking because higher resolution can already be experienced by „upscaling“ (pixel density) with the Rift as well (I know that „upscaling“ doesn’t look as good as real higher resolution, but at least it goes in the same direction (better image quality)).

I mean: I can already experience higher (fake) resolution with Rift but I can’t experience higher FOV with it. Especially in racing sims like ACC a higher FOV could be a gamechanger and bring even more sense of speed and immersion. So would Pimax be the solution (or Index which has still higher FOV than Rift or Reverb).

The fact that Reverb has no higher FOV than Rift is a big letdown for me...
    What do you think?

epsylonB likes this.
  20. epsylonB

epsylonB Gamer

i have the same issue! i have a rift too and would like too upgrade. pimax, index or reverb?
    a bigger fov are very cool, but can i handle the higher resolution with 1080ti?
    a lot of questions to find the right hmd :/

Serge M likes this.
  21. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

I think it's a personal thing really but for me, the resolution will be a much bigger wow factor. I am used to the FOV now and although it's not ideal, it never bothered me as much as the SDE. So for me, the picture clarity is more important

DzelRacing likes this.