1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Variable Damage % per driver - Server Side

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Parkour, May 18, 2017.

1. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

Hello!

I come from atomic league here in Australia. We use AC for our championship and one of the difficulties is in policing bad drivers. No one really wants to impose any post-race penalties that would change the outcome of a race, mainly because it means re-working the actual race results, or to add ballast to drivers as penalties for future races (because it affects their performance).

Would it be possible to add individual damage percentages to different drivers from the server side, so that known bad drivers can be penalised more when they have accidents, but for the most part they have no real performance disadvantages (unless they have an accident/damage)?

I believe this to be the best measure to encourage bad drivers to be safer or more cautious in their driving.

If if could be implemented in a similar way as ballast currently is, that would be awesome! :)

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Optimal settings for sensible variable weather Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Physics BB Bentley variable Sep 26, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Variable Pixeldensity with Oculus Rift S works (a little) May 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Is AI strength and aggression variable when racing? Sep 17, 2018
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes KersInput, DrsEnabled, DrsAvailable variables, Split times Jun 8, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Improve ai using ai_hints.ini - Full list of variables and explanation? May 15, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request for a tyre variable in shared memory Feb 18, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Req for a variable. Feb 17, 2017
    Suggestions Split RACE_OVER_TIME into three variables for practice, quali and race Nov 21, 2016
    General modding discussion Variable Pressure Brake Lights? Oct 24, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues New phyiscs shared memory variables are jumbled up Jul 16, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Python variables for DRS zone, KERS, ERS, Brake Bias, Differential, MGU-H/K? Jul 12, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes New shared memory variables? Apr 21, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues acsys.py not updated with new variables? Apr 10, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes How do i use variables out of the shared memory? Jan 25, 2016

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If someone is known for driving dirty, instead of punish them by more damage you can punish them by not letting them into your next race.

Gunja likes this.
  4. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

We would only consider banning a person from an event if their behaviour was unanimously considered reckless by all other drivers. We consider ourselves a combination of friendly and serious sim racers and we are currently small in numbers, so banning people left right and centre would seem to only weaken the league. No one is necessarily known in the league as 'dirty', but people do make bad decisions that do affect other peoples races, and for the most part the racing is competitive but friendly. When looking at the alternatives other leagues offer, or even other games (iRacing for example where both drivers are punished), they appear to promote angst and unnecessary conflict. That's not what we are about. We would rather educate drivers to become better at race craft and better in general at driving, to promote greater driver awareness, especially when they would be more likely to come off second best as a result of contact.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Bad drivers usually don't care too much about damage, so I doubt it would have the effect you're looking for.

6. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

I feel it really depends on how you define 'bad'. Bad 'attitude' and no respect, then I'd say definitely yes, they'd likely not see the error of their ways nor care less - though we seem to have a good group of guys here. Bad driving can sometimes just be a result of inexperience, tiredness or clumsiness (without intent to cause damage), which is probably closer to how I see our league. A bunch of middle aged guys who enjoy a good battle, but sometimes take things too far. What I propose would at the very least allow people to race as normal, but with greater consequences to those who need to show more caution in the heat of battle. I think it would be a great education to them personally.

7. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

Just so we're clear, I'm talking about a different damage modifier per driver - so one clean driver may retain 0.7 x 100% damage; a bad driver who crashes others out occasionally may increase to 0.9x 100% damage over the course of a few races (as determined by race admin running the league).

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

bad driver meaning a driver that I as an admin thought of as being worth punishing (by handing out a warning or even a kick/ban).

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Then the bad driver is only punished if they suffer mechanical damage. We use penalty ballast in the next round in our league at XGN, and it works OK. It makes people fear the penalty ballast just enough to drive with a little more caution.