1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Very very basic "features" missing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AugGust, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Hello fellow simracers and developers of Assetto Corsa. Firstly i would like to tell you that i created this thread to flame the developers. However, i still deeply enjoy driving in this game. I shall first disclaim that i know that these issues i am going to state are already mentioned by other users and i have posted a comment on another thread about this issue but everyone seemed to ignore it but i simply can't.

So here goes. Somebody, please tell me why this beautiful, boasted to be running in DirectX 11 game with real time shadows, does not have real-time lighting from car's headlights?

Yes my dear Lord Kunos. I know that it would be a pain in the *** to rewrite the rendering system. But why *** ***** wasn't it done in the first place? Even rFactor that was created back in 2005 running in DirectX 9 had it and did not boast something so simple as a feature.

I always enjoyed a good touge run back in rFactor in the dark while all i can see is what my headlamps can illuminate, down a curvy mountain road, Initial D style, and expected to do the same if not better in Assetto Corsa. So, i anticipated for 2 years for this game to be released and bought it the second the early access came out, only to be disappointed terribly.

I am extremely pissed but not unreasonable. I do not expect this to be implemented in V1.0 (yes i get it that you guys have many other stuffs to work on too) but i really hope for this to be included in a feature build. Here is a list of reasons (that you guys can bring up in a meeting) that i can think up of why it should:

1. Many people like me expected this to be included in the first place and we feel cheated
    2. Night races. A whole new genre. Nuff said
    3. It's simple. Proven by rFactor back in 2005

"Assetto Corsa features an advanced DirectX 11 graphics engine that recreates an
    immersive environment, dynamic lighthing and realistic materials and surfaces."

-assettocorsa.net

Oh. My. God. Biggest false advertisement ever. Good job, you guys even spelled "lighting" wrongly

5. The clock stops at 1800hrs to cover the flaw in the lighting engine. Hahaha. How stupid do you take your customers, seriously?
    6. You can turn on your headlights just because you can. It actually does nothing :) Hurray. Good job on that one. Make the game look good on gameplay videos but then after people buy it they realise that it actually does nothing.
    7. Oculus Rift. If you guys are gunning for immersion, i suggest you guys better start on your new rendering engine now

Another issue i foresee. Windscreen wipers that "work" and do nothing. I don't know if you guys are going to include rain as a feature in future builds. But i don't expect that though. Just wondered why you guys keep working on features that only look good but have no actual use.

And please, i know that you guys will read this. Please have some balls and reply me (and i expect a good answer) and not just run away from this issue just like you guys did in my other post. Maybe then, i could gain back some faith and not regret deciding to support you guys (by buying your 10% completed game within the first hour it came out on steam)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    ACC General Discussions search ingame livery folder Feb 2, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get official Ferrari 296 livery Nov 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Wiper moving position very odd Sep 14, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC General Discussions GT4 car & livery update ever? Jul 1, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very blurry/pixelated image from 30 meters up in front of the car Apr 10, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC UE4 Fatal Error -ACC Crashes Everytime. Mar 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023

3. geololj

geololj Gamer

Greetings AugCust,

You should realise that Assetto Corsa is not in the final stage at the moment. It is just an early access which does not have all the features. Wait for the final release version before getting that harsh on Kunos :)

4. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

@AugGust the "tone" of your post will turn off many users or will write back just to annoy you even more.

The sim is not done yet, it's not finished, it wasn't advertised as being finished. You bought an early access just to get your hands on a few cars and tracks, when not even AI or Multi-player is implemented. Honestly what do you think the devs are doing right now? huh? working on headlights? Or making sure the AI and multi-player, among other things, are taken care of and they won't dissapoint when they'll be launched.

I understand you're a huge fan of night racing, but what are the priorities?

Flashlights in video games have been implemented long before your much praised rFactor (I own a copy of rFactor 2 and I like it, but I didn't spend much time with it in comparison with Assetto Corsa or iRacing).

I'm working on a simple app for AC for a week and a half now, maybe more, and it's proven to be a tough job. Are you a coder? Have you ever tried programming? I admit I'm not a "programmer" per say, I'm a web developer and designer, and I still find coding difficult even for that god damn simple app...

If you look at one of their videos on YouTube you'll see that they already have an Oculus Rift in their office, and they're working on it.

I expect to see these features in the future, but it's not the end of the world if they don't get them into v1.0. Also, they're a small team, so task are prioritised.

5. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

Oh, by the way. I don't give a rat's *** about night racing until the simulation physics are tuned and oiled to be just right.

6. eobet

eobet Simracer

99% of real racing happens during the daytime and even if this game had night racing, my bet is that 99% of the time people would still race during the day... :p

Now when it comes to weather, though, that's imo an even more "basic feature" that's missing (the current clouds in AC looks like it's 1995 all over again). :eek:

7. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    C'mon AugGust mafrien',
    the guys will be doing there best to make these features that you're referring to, but like previous posters said... it will take time.

Yes it's true and i admit it, i'm dissappointed that many basic features are not there yet.
    But woah... what a long way this has come in the 7months i've been here.
    I know it might be hard for you to comprehend, but if you'd been here from the start i'm
    sure you'd understand and see the very positive side of how AC stands the now.:):cool:

Like i said, these features will be implemented @some point in the future.
    Great things come to those that wait, and let's face it, it'll not be long in passing,
    with updates and other tweaks to the sim that are happening on a regular basis.

I understand where you're coming from, but pls give the guys a chance and not give other members incentive to start a flame war.

regards mafrien',

paulie...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  8. I personally, don't really like night racing and I think there's many other important things to improve and features to add, than that.

9. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

Wow. Would you speak to the developers like that if you were sat in the same room as them? I thought not. It's about time you started acting like a 17 year old, not a 12 year old.

"Oh. My. God. Biggest false advertisement ever."
    How is it a false advertisement? The sim clearly does have dynamic lighting. Stop being a drama queen.

"Please have some balls and reply me (and i expect a good answer) and not just run away from this issue just like you guys did in my other post."

Demanding a reply? With that attitude I wouldn't give you the time of day. If they reply at all consider yourself very lucky.

This is early access beta. If you thought everything you want to see would be in the sim at this stage then you only have yourself to blame for your disappointment.

10. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Thanks guys for your responses. The thing i am pissed off about is that they did not plan about such a "feature" and it is stated that the completed version will not have it, even when they are so far off from it. After boasting so much about their graphics engine as stated from my quote from assettocorsa.net, i feel cheated from their false advertising, that's all actually. And i am harsh because i really want them to include it in the future, hopefully version 1.1

11. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

my word! such foul language! I certainly will not support your suggestions with such boorish manners on display in your OP. If you can rehabilitate your approach to making suggestions in a polite and mature manner I would be glad to support your AC game ideas.

12. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Sorry but i already dubbed it down from what i had in mind already :) I would admit that i am quite the vulgar person, but that really is just to show how i feel towards this issue.

13. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

snip...
    Your welcome mafrien'.:)
    I bet you feel a wee bit better getting that off your chest.

Weather will not be in v1.0, but it will be there at some point.
    Just knowing that it will be added eventually is enough for me.

Who knows v1.1, 1.2.??
    Your better knowing the devil you know than the devil you don't.:)

Patience buddy...

Maybe a dev could come in and ease your mind a bit.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    Backmarker likes this.
  14. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

Your attitude doesn't help your cause. Have you seen the new wip car shaders, from their twitter post? They are still working on the sim/game engine!!! If you would like to buy this game full of features, you should buy the game when it will be launched! Giving the devs money so they can keep working in the sim and then starting these discussions about how incomplete the sim is, is just awful. It's like going to a street player asking him to play a song you like and then you don't give them credit because you didn't like how he sang it.

The Moose likes this.
  15. Backmarker

Backmarker Racer

It is one thing to be passionate about a subject. To win allies to your cause it is necessary to at least have a modicum of respect on display. :)
    that is all.

paulieGTR, ov1diu and The Moose like this.
  16. AugGust

AugGust Racer

As i said, i totally understand that this game is in its development phase. It's this: "no it is not planned for v1.0 at all." that's annoys me
    Furthermore, i did say that i am enjoying the current build very much. This is just my way of trying to, i dunno, "encourage" them to make it even better?
    Yea i guess i already expected many to react quite violently to my rage post. But i do believe there are many out there that feels just like me too. *Ragers unite!* (pls?)

17. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

I recommend at least editing your original post and remove the bad language and then others will appreciate how passionate you are about night races. Otherwise, you're just shedding a bad light over yourself.

18. AugGust

AugGust Racer

Yea, mayb i would. But the AC forums don't allow you to edit your post after a couple of minutes... So... Yea. I guess i gotta just leave it and see what the devs make out of it

19. ov1diu

ov1diu Hardcore Simmer

Scars of war :)

20. value1

value1 Rookie

At least some self-knowledge ;)

The Moose and ov1diu like this.
  21. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

What a hilarious opening post! I usually refrain from wading in on these types of threads, but this one began in such a delightfully psychotic manner that I just had to show my appreciation. Bravo Sir! Now back to the secure unit you go :)

xyr, TheDyingScotsman, ov1diu and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.