1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Video Interview about Console Version, Virtual Reality, Drifting and F1

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by VinR, Jun 8, 2016.

1. VinR

VinR Rookie

Hello fellow AC enthusiasts,

a few weeks ago, I got the chance to attend the Assetto Corsa launch event for the console version in Vallelunga. Here's our interview with Marco talking about the console version, delay of the launch, drifting and virtual reality.

In addition to that, we asked Aris about the new UI on the console version and if the UI of the PC version will be adapted to it as well. Furthermore, he indicated that there will be "suprising news very soon" regarding upcoming Formula 1 models in Assetto Corsa. Aris also explains, how they managed to reduce motion sicknes with VR.

Read more about the event and the interview on my blog. Please scroll down for the English version. ;)

Cheers and #keeponracing,

Kevin

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Video interview with Aris about ACC physics Sep 12, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Must watch video. it's sad but true!!! (shocking! interview with assetto corsa developer [original]) Mar 19, 2015
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture Jul 4, 2022
    General modding discussion Car mod Nico Rosberg uses in this video May 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 Video options Feb 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Comparision Video 1.7.2 to the new NG version (massive Sound downgrade) Feb 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Video of unfortunate behavior on competitive server Feb 10, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione Videos and Live Streams Policies Jan 29, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Video will not refresh after update Jan 8, 2022
    Screens & Videos video in video Jan 4, 2022
    Screens & Videos Rally legends Video Jan 2, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Cheater (video evidence inside) Dec 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashing when switching video settings Nov 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room VR vs Video Nov 19, 2021

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

More classic F1, and historic tracks... bring it on :)

Where's Sterling and Fangio's 250F got to? That's going to be fantastic in this physics engine.

4. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Finally F138 or SF15? :) waiting for modern F1 car since AC release

There is not many who drives historic F1... Its why modern F1 car would be great

LChaves and Protoduct like this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Many people still play GPL, I love it when people generalise because something doesn't interest them...

I'd like to drive a modern F1 car in the sim, as an F1 fan it will be interesting, but seriously how many people will have the skills to drive them properly online without crashing every other corner?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

our league ;)

It is not about how hard to drive... its about speed, passion. F1 car requests fast reaction on very high speed. You get wheel spin or control loss in corner - need very fast reaction. Game without modern F1 car is not complete game :) Doesnt matter how Kunos gonna call it... they can call it Formula A or whatever... but it should be modern F1 :)

F138 and SF15 are already in the game... So many times seen in Stefano cars list. So I assume there is just licence issues - hope its all resolved now.

rF2 has modern F1 car, iRacing got F1 McLaren 2015... AC must have it too :) As league admin I know about big interest in it. So, hope its coming soon.

By the way - thanks for good news from Aris :)

LChaves and Mogster like this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I don't disagree that modern LMP1s and F1s would be good for AC, I just hope the dev's continue to throw historic fans a bone occaisionally :)

I still stick to it that outside organized leagues F1 servers will be a complete mess...

KillZoneGB likes this.
  8. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Lotus Exos ... *cough* ...

Good interview OP. Nice channel! Good start. Wish you best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  9. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

AC has given a lot more "bones" to historic fans than modern thus far.

f1webberfan likes this.
  10. Forgot10

Forgot10 Gamer

I don't think that the manufacturers are too keen to share the data about their fresh cars with anyone at all. :) The F138 is last generation and totally different, the SF15 is another story.

11. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

It is not F1 car *cough*

12. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Then what it is? Hmm?

13. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Dont you know? :) First of all in real life its kinda prototype of openwheel car. Its not made following any F1 regulations. Its made for people who wants to get F1 experience of G forces... It has high downforce and not F1 engine at all, but gives you an idea what G forces F1 drivers experience in F1 car. But actual car is nothing to do with F1.

Lotus Exos S1 - I would call it mod F1 car made by Kunos - as well, nothing to do with F1 - Kunos fantasy.

Even if you check lap times, or top speed - you can tell its slow and not even close to F1.

I would say, Lotus Exos S1 is more GP2 car. Lap times very close to GP2 car.

So, there is no modern F1 car made by Kunos in the game.

14. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

SF15 already in sims in Ferrari stores in Europe... So its already there and made by Kunos :) Just has to be added for us

15. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

There are alrealdy 4 F1 cars of Lotus, but only one Ferrari.

And, I think it could be a good surprise a Mclaren F1 car.

Mogster likes this.
  16. VinR

VinR Rookie

Thanks, f1webberfan! :p I'm happy, that you enjoyed our video! There's a lot more cool content coming in the upcoming weeks and months, so make sure to subscribe to our channel and follow us on Facebook. We're having a few unboxing videos, more Assetto Corsa videos and real racing videos planned.

17. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I quote:"it has more downforce then a F1 car?" Answer:"Yes". V8 ... Alright ... :)

18. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Cars that have participated in the FIA F1 World Championship maybe?