1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Video supercardriver p1 v laferrari v 918 spyder, vs asseto times

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by smashwings, Oct 18, 2015.

1. smashwings

smashwings Gamer

Hello, I have seen this video in Silverstone National with this three cars that are around 58 secons all of them in the video; in Assetto (Rivali and RSR times) they are around 7 seconds faster (P1 and LaFerrari).

Makes me think if the Assetto setups differ much from the video, tyres and similar; if not why is so much time difference in such a short track.

thanks

EDIT: setups in the video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Out of video memory trying to allocate a texture Jul 4, 2022
    General modding discussion Car mod Nico Rosberg uses in this video May 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New PS5 Video options Feb 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Comparision Video 1.7.2 to the new NG version (massive Sound downgrade) Feb 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Video of unfortunate behavior on competitive server Feb 10, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione Videos and Live Streams Policies Jan 29, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Video will not refresh after update Jan 8, 2022
    Screens & Videos video in video Jan 4, 2022
    Screens & Videos Rally legends Video Jan 2, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Cheater (video evidence inside) Dec 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashing when switching video settings Nov 24, 2021
    Chit Chat Room VR vs Video Nov 19, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Loading wrong video and wheel settings Nov 6, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Craziest videos May 4, 2021

3. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

This has been discussed so many times. First off, the RSR times are using hypercar trofeo tires that are essentially slicks and not comparable to street tires which are hypercar road. Secondly, RSR times use optimal grip settings which are better than possible in real life conditions. There are also various other factors that we don't have to deal with that you do in real life.

Robbiexsstar likes this.
  4. What's funnier is that the P1 on much stickier tyres is barely faster than the Ferrari.

5. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

The laptimes of the P1 and LaFerrari in AC are probably very unrealistic though, they are hands down beating GT3/GT2 cars on quite a few tracks, even tight street type tracks where their power advantage should be lessened, and that's on Trofeos in game which are only Semi Slicks, while the GT cars are running full slicks. They are awesome fun to drive in AC but I would not take anything regarding their laptimes as representitive.

In the real world the 3 cars seem to be fairly equal, depending on track each has different advantages, given the tyres though the results above point to the Ferrari being the fastest.

Did you even look at it? The Mclaren in the video is running Trofeo tyres.

6. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The in game trofeo is simply a name and not equivalent to the Pirelli trofeos. Pirelli trofeos are extreme road tires for people who also track their cars. The in game trofeos are hand cut slicks (essentially the same tire as the Top Gear Record Huayra tires) which would be another step above the Pirelli trofeos. Chris Harris did a video on the Pirelli Trofeos which cut roughly 1.5-2 seconds off a Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 which the 918 used in the video. If you want an in game comparison look at the Koenigsegg One:1 mod thread times with the One:1, LaFerrari, and P1. It was on average nearly a 4 second difference between the road and trofeo tires on a slightly shorter circuit than the Chris Harris test.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    baboon and Kristaps like this.
  7. Bigbazz

Bigbazz Racer

We're talking semi-slicks here, not just performance road tyres. These are the Michelin Sport Cup 2 and Pirelli Trofeos, both of them semi-slicks designed for track.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is a P-zero Corsa, a high performance road tyre that comes standard on a Mclaren P1 and LaFerrari.

[​IMG]

The Trofeo in game is a semi-slick, and unless you can explain otherwise it would seem fairly obvious it is based on the Pirelli Trofeo.

8. The Trofeos were much faster before the latest update it feels like. But they are still too fast to be the real life equivalent.

9. The Hypercar Trofeo tyres are no way semislicks. They are way too grippy for that. Just switch to the Hypercar road tyres, and forget about the cheater tyres (as Kristaps would put it) ;)

Mogster and Kristaps like this.
  10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Try simulate similar conditions >

Heavy clouds, slow grip (95%) 15c temps and use road legal tires + full tank of fuel

I already tried this before, and times are super close to RL
    Maybe it has something to do with the tire width?
    305 for the P1
    345 for the LaF

elsmore, LeDude83 and baboon like this.
  11. baboon

baboon Alien

I think the Trofeo R is basically a cut slick with the minimum amout of negative profile in order to still be road legal. When the track has just a little standing water they won't work anymore. On the autobahn you would need to go slower than the heavy sedan drivers on the left lane to avoid aquaplaning.

Robin_NL likes this.
  12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

In RL yes, but in AC they are pure racing slicks, Aris admitted it long time ago.

Fear, Mogster, McNappa and 3 others like this.
  13. baboon

baboon Alien

Good to know, that explains the big delta from the HR tire to the hypercar trofeo in game :)

14. Turk

Turk Alien

I'd be utterly shocked if someone in the real world set a lap time anywhere close to an AC time. Factoring in the perfect weather conditions/car conditions, driver conditions, of AC is one thing but can you imagine driving a P1 in real life like you do in AC? There's no way I could throw a P1 around in the real world like I do in AC, once I went over 160 kph I'd be ****ting my pants.

The real world introduces so many other factors, like the fact they probably had to convince some rich people to loan them the cars. I would say they set these lap times well within the limits of the car, they wouldn't go out and extract everything from the car because the consequences for crashing are just too high. Even if insurance covered the costs of the car in a crash the owner probably wouldn't be able to find a replacement.

Jadonyx likes this.
  15. Dude. The cars were driven by a pro racing driver, I think it's fine.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I think this should end the semislicks vs slicks discussion

Przechwytywanie.PNG

Link to 3 posts by Aris in which he confirms what these tyres really are (all are on the same page):

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Also as we are on this topic, is there any chance that name will be changed so it won't be confusing for people? @Aristotelis

17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for this. I knew I had read it in the past but couldn't find it with a search.

As far as the times go I did some laps with trying to match conditions as close as possible (stock tuning, hypercar roads, slow grip, etc). Like others have mentioned, I was within a second of the 58 second mark.

Kristaps likes this.
  19. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Don't you need Pirelli licence to do that?

About that video:
    Why they used P-Zero Trofeo tyres on P1 and P-Zero Corsa on LaF?
    Porsche was on Michelin Pilot Sport tyres.
    Given the tiny performance differences, they should use same tyres on the 3 cars in order to find strenghts and weaknesses.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  20. It's just a name change.... Prolly gonna be called "Cut-slicks" or something. The tyre itself has nothing to do with a Pirelli.

21. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

After watching this video, I was really surprised how much P-Zero Trofeo tires deflecting, especially compared to Michelin Pilot Sport ...

...so question for Aristotelis if he take a look here again: v5 model in game mimics Pirelli`s or something in between?

Clear answer could help avoiding bug reports, at least from me.
    Also, this kind of flexing is understandable for street legal cars fitted with any kind of street legal tires (comfort) but doesn't have too much sense for pure racing tires.

Glaurung likes this.