1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

View system

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Redglyph, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Redglyph

Redglyph Gamer

I just tried ACC, very pleased at the general impression, except the omnipresent controller-oriented controls, I'm using a PC and not a console.

However the in-car view system is very disappointing, I realized there wasn't even any support for TrackIR, so I'll have to wait a little more.

Also, and I think it depends on the car, I saw that Monza was reduced to a single bicyle lane, whereas Zolder or the Nurburgring were normal. It was probably due to the weird FOV in the BMW, I can't seem able to find the right spot. When I reduce the FOV dramatically, the track seems to get more or less fine, but the wheel becomes huge.

I suppose the BMW is currently very much WIP. I didn't have the time to try the same track with other cars to confirm, I'll do that once TrackIR is back in. I compared to AC and it's a striking difference.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Views System Oct 18, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cockpit-view turns black and disables system-wide sound Jul 20, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Replay system - Cannot view last lap. Nov 9, 2013
    ACC Virtual Reality Movable rear view virtual mirror VR Support Apr 18, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Glance -left -right or look to Apex in Cockpit View? (0.7x) Apr 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions VoiceAttack Software Review Mar 21, 2019
    ACC User Interface View pitch angle reference Mar 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Helmet View Movement in VR Mar 15, 2019
    ACC User Interface HUD screen menu alignment + HUD obscuring view Mar 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dash pro camera view Mar 11, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR HUD placement and view Mar 10, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting 0.6.3 View settings menu CTD Mar 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay View settings aren't honoured when cycling camera modes Mar 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is there a way to turn off g-force effects/camera movements in cockpit view? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Strange artifact external view Mar 6, 2019

3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Maybe the FoV feels weird to you because unlike in other GT3 cars the driver sits just about a foot in front of the rear axle in the BMW like literally where the back seats usually are, so there's like an extra aircraft carrier's length of car in front of your view. The steering wheel in the GT3 car is pretty much where the driver's body sits in the regular road M6. Nothing much you can do about it other than get used to it, move your seat forward or get a VR headset. Nothing "WIP" about the FoV in the BMW, that's just silly.

Redglyph likes this.
  4. Redglyph

Redglyph Gamer

That must explain it, thanks for the info! :)