1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Vintage car race club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cc570, Jan 14, 2015.

1. cc570

cc570 Racer

The VCRC was a club started by a friend over at GTPlanet back in the days of GT5. It was all about racing old car for fun. Clean racing and courteous behavior. I was given permission to use the name VCRC in Assetto Corsa, so here we are.

For folks familiar with the VCRC from GT5 and GT6 we will be aiming to replicate the spirit of that club in AC. For those who missed out on those days it was all about old cars raced for fun. Clean driving and courteous behavior.
    We have a server for racing: Server name is Vintage_Car_Race_Club.
    Look for us and drop in for some practice or to race.
    We have also started a public group on Steam, group page here. Feel free to join and helps us grow and create a community. Hope to see you on the track.
    CC

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues [Launcher] #Vintage GT tag shows Ferrari F40 which is #Vintage Supercars May 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room New braking behavior vintage cars Mar 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Shift light with vintage cars (Porsche Pack) Oct 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room My new car.....vintage imsa bmw e30 Aug 23, 2014
    3D car models Vintage and Muscle cars in future? Jun 5, 2014
    Online Leagues / Championships room [THR] We may be your vintage AC community.. Dec 9, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Exactly how much difference is there between 90's / vintage Street and modern Street? May 9, 2020
    General modding discussion Vintage Driver Model May 8, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room sim-racing-vintage -Special Event -Spa Classic 2019 May 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Australian Vintage Race Pack Mod Sep 1, 2018
    Screens & Videos Vintage Corsa 2 Feb 10, 2018
    Screens & Videos Vintage and Classics trackday - VR content Aug 13, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Audi Sport quattro street vintage tyres ideal pressure Jul 26, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Vintage tribute special event way too easy at alien level May 7, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Vintage tyre grip evolution Jul 25, 2015

3. cc570

cc570 Racer

Week of Jan/14,15/2015.
    Car: Lotus 49 (Kunos Car)
    Track: Longford 67 (Download link found here )
    Server name: Vintage Car Race Club
    Password: raceclean (only needed for race)
    Voice (mumble) server ip:207.244.73.38:64748

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. cc570

cc570 Racer

VCRC on AC inaugural race:

Lotus 49 at Longford '67.

15 min Qualifying
    23 Lap race.

Thursday Jan 15, 2015
    19:30 GMT (2:30 pm EST)
    and
    9:00pm EST (8:00 pm CST)

Server info in post #2

5. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Awesome news, was looking for a club like this. Sucks I'll still be at work. Can you check back with how the race went?

cc570 likes this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

I'd love to see a classics race/event at snoopys nords. Choose any car of say the F40 era or earlier. They wouldn't be all that comparable but it would be cool to see them all on track. The noise would be awesome too.

Leemstradamus and cc570 like this.
  7. cc570

cc570 Racer

Race day! I will be at the early race for sure and hopefully for the second race too. Anyone else? I've managed to get down to 2:18.xxx laptimes, and feel I can run near there consistently. It's hard to push this car much because there is scant room for error on this track. Anyone else?

8. cc570

cc570 Racer

Server reset for race. Use password "raceclean". Qualifying in 30 minutes.

9. kcheeb

kcheeb Racer

Cool, maybe we should carve a watermelon up for some punch ;)

Won't be able to make tonight, but I'll try in the future!

10. matjas92

matjas92 Simracer

Awesome to see this, was actually thinking about this kind of club racing the other day, love me some Lotus 49 action, or any vintage car actually :)

Sadly thursday evening doesn't suit me too well, i'll see if i'm able to join in the future, but will definitely keep an eye on this thread to see if there will be other race days. (Wednesday or Sunday evening would be perfect :p)

11. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

Another race tonight?

12. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Please let us know how it went. Wish I could join but work is getting in the way oh and school lol. What's some good days for people, my days off are Sunday and Monday. I like to spend time with the family but need to maybe add some time for this also.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  13. cc570

cc570 Racer

Yes. 9:00 EST. I will reset server in a couple of minutes Password is "raceclean". I'll be on shortly before 9:00.
    I will give race reports tomorrow.

kcheeb and Leemstradamus like this.
  14. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

Thx for the race.. hope more people can make it next time.

Ill keep an eye out for your server.

15. mms

mms Alien

I hope i'll be ale to attend the netxt one...

16. cc570

cc570 Racer

Good Friday all. Yesterdays races went ok, fun was had. Congratulations to everyone who participated. Hopefully it was the start to something that will grow.

A couple of folks said that Wednesdays worked while Thursdays didn't so I'm changing the days to Tuesday (practice) and Wednesday (race). Hopefully that won't create more problems than it solves.

I was going to stick with the Lotus 49 for a few weeks. This week we will use Kunos's Monza 66 as the track and go to Rainmakers conversion of Solitude 64 the following week.

I also use my server for a couple other not so serious events during the week, you can find the threads here in this forum.
    Mini Monday where the server will be setup for quick pick up races with the Rover mini step 1 version.
    Also Sunday Raceday which will probably be some sort of Touring car race, (its a work in progress).

Hope to see you at Monza.
    CC

17. matjas92

matjas92 Simracer

Great to read this! Since I can't attend thursday, but wednesday is perfect for me! See you all on track next wednesday :)

cc570 likes this.
  18. 9 PM EST? Looks like that's 3 AM here in Holland...

That's a shame, because it's an awesome idea :D

19. cc570

cc570 Racer

There is also a race at 19:30 GMT. :)

20. AH thanks for the info, that's awesome! Will try to join soon!

cc570 likes this.
  21. cc570

cc570 Racer

Server is open for practice.