1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Visiting the nürburgring - things one needs to know?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Salad Fingers, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

No laptimes while on track! That's the important part. Realize that you are a noob and you'll be fine. I have over 30 laps in and still feel completely like a noob in relation to the fast boys.

Also, try the Devil Burger, it's fantastic!

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

True, this is important. Somewhere - maybe on the official website - it's stated that in most of the crash cars there was found a running clock.. Just enjoy the road.

jc1993, baboon and Glaurung like this.
  3. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

For sure guys, like I already said, I'm mostly going to enjoy driving there and not even bother about laptimes. That accident looked really really scary, so glad that the guy seemed to be ok. Also kudos to the guy recording for running there to help. I hope nobody is injured when I get to drive there... I've seen fatal accidents in front of me on the road before and I just feel soooo bad and there's not much one can do to help either.

baboon and Disposable_Hero like this.
  4. You will definitely enjoy - no game can simulate your stomach going through the roof at Fuchsröhre yet:).
    BTW, I didn't mean to scare you with that video, i just wanted you to be aware of those idiots.
    If you manage driving there on a workday you are safe.
    That's what i did the last eight years and the only incident i've ever seen was a biker slipping on oil in front of me at Hatzenbach. Luckily, i could avoid him and he was ok.

5. baboon

baboon Alien

Same here ;)

Good advice in this thread. I also don't do many laps each year and I never did time them, I just don't see the point... I agree one big risk is probably the other drivers trying to do hotlaps.

When the weather is nice this sunday, I'll be there again.

RedLoto, Atle Dreier and ears1991 like this.
  6. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I time my laps, but never visible from within the car. That way I won't be tempted if I see that I am ahead.

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

7. baboon

baboon Alien

That's fine, I'm a bit curious too about my times but not enough to bother :D

8. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Hehe. I like to see where I'm losing in real life compared to the sim. It basically comes down to the size of your real balls compared to your virtual ones. :)

Kristaps and eSEA One like this.
  9. baboon

baboon Alien

I did that too many years ago. Was fun but even these Swifts can be very tricky, especially on low grip conditions with the semislicks.
    IMG_9534.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    mistery and Salad Fingers like this.
  10. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

I was there on monday, my first time!!, the weather was nice, i rent the rsr m135i for a track day and did 318kms, best experience of my life so OP you must do it!!!

pro tip for first timer like me: if you can pay for a rsr instructor do it, they help me a lot to get faster every lap and be safe at the same time, at the end i was still realy slow compared to the pros in race cars and that crazy Radical :p but who cares, i am coming back next year and the year after that and...yeah is that good

baboon, Kristaps and Atle Dreier like this.
  11. gcflora

gcflora Racer

They let you use semislicks on a public road?

12. They are roadlegal...so why not?

13. gcflora

gcflora Racer

After some reading it seems there are two "classes" of semislicks. One class is legal and not the other (I'm talking about Australia because that's where I live, but maybe it's the same elsewhere). I didn't realise this.

14. Roadgoing versions are sometimes called UHP ultra high performance tyres

15. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Still better to rent something like this than take your personal car on a 1400 km journey there(at least I would have to drive that much), possibly wreck it, have your tires worn both on the drive there, back home and on track and not have the proper mods (braking system and fluids, suspension and some proper sticky rubber). I respect people who drive from such distances all the way there, it takes commitment on many fronts and a healthy wallet. But makes for a great vacation ;)

baboon likes this.
  16. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

On the contrary, I would recommend ANYONE to take their car and do the trip there! It's well worth it!

17. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

This topic has become really interesting. I will drive with my own car to Germany then rent a car for the track itself.

RedLoto, baboon and ears1991 like this.
  18. baboon

baboon Alien

I can only speak for the central europe market, UHP is used by the tire manufacturers for their low-profile+high speed-index summer tires, which target more performance oriented consumers. Nice marketing tool.
    e.g. a Pirelli P Zero or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 is usually called UHP in the shops. A semislick would be a P Zero Corsa or Pilot Sport Cup(2). There's also - you could say street legal race tires - like a Pirelli Trofeo R or Toyo R888(R) which was used on the R4R Swifts back then. If you want you could think about them in different classes but there's no fixed boundaries between them. Also modern semislicks are much better in wet conditions than the ones 5 years ago and have at least similar performance the dry.

[​IMG]