1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Visual damage

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

No damage, no buy Kappa

2. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

It's to late for the 'no buy' it will have to be 'no damage no play' (that'll show them) :)

3. Turk

Turk Alien

Suspension damage and the likes would be more useful to us in a race. Visual damage not so much, but it looks cool.

I wonder can they use some sort of particle effects (I'm assuming particle effects are easier to implement) to show small carbon shards flying just to give a visual clue you've tipped into someone enough to cause damage to your aero? There wouldn't need to be any visual change after the collision but it would make the collision look impressive.

Freddie Seng and D.Jankovic like this.
  4. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

But from a drivers POV, you wouldn't see the shards so wouldn't be realistic having them thrown up at the windshield. Bumpers hanging loose, that kind of thing would be cool to see but contact damage can be a bummer if you're the innocent party.
    An overall mechanical damage model would be good in general, overrevving damaging the engine, damaging suspension abusing kerbs, that sort of thing would give a bit more jeopardy to races, especially endurance races.

5. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Dear Stefano Casillo, aka Lord Kunos.
    Thank you very much to You & all Kunos Team for the immense amount of enjoying time you gave to us with Assetto & Assetto Competizione.
    Please, add at least some little more amount of damage modelling regarding at least the kind of damage that permits to continue driving. Please add some more amount of modelling about the "dirt/obstacles" that a driver can find on its way during race: for example dust on track, oil spilled from other cars, small carbon car body parts. IMHO even a small amount of the aforementioned items would really improve the sense of "being" there. We are not asking for wreckfest, we only want a more "dynamic" environment.
    Best regards !!!!!

pigsy, Pheebau, R. Iván and 6 others like this.
  6. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

It would be fantastic to have advanced visual damages ;)
    A plus for immersion with saftey car.

pigsy likes this.
  7. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

has there been any word on a damage model yet?

i don't see why ppl are begging for visual damage, it's meant to be a realistic sim so i'd imagine it should have realistic damage too, otherwise it would just be bumper cars online

8. Chriss

Chriss Racer

To me, exactly these little "bits and pieces" like insects on the windscreen would be much more important for the immersion than a full damage model and damage visualization.

9. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok, great !
    So the "saftey car" is a fantasy ?

:confused:

10. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

How. Insects on a screen isn't really related to a damage model anyway, that's dirt buildup and stuff.

carlossanchez97 likes this.
  11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

[​IMG]

12. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

This part put me in the wrong way (understanding). Sorry, I'm french.
    Don't pull a face like that, it's ugly : )

The same debate is being held among rain or not, etc...
    For me, it's simple. In real life, we have damages, and this is the reason why we have saftey car, so in term in sim, we should have this thing.
    It's on aspect to deal with, and for "destruction derby boys", there are rules and consequence (SR for example).

Iracing prepare something with their new damage model, and they have the ranking system with rules, and it works.

It's only a question of ressources (and priority).

The only thing, maybe be too much, is Mechanical failures. But it would be interesting in a short term as experience. In a long term, maybe frustrating.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    MonzterPixel likes this.
  13. Luqie

Luqie Gamer

What if you could magically click an in game button to turn damage on or off.
    You could label it Visual Damage on or off.
    I know, its a really amazing idea I was keeping to myself, but now its out there.

14. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Project cars 2 has that, where you're able to change the kind of damage on the server

15. Turk

Turk Alien

I'm unsure about the safety car. I think in the future there's potential there for sim racing as an e-sport to start challenging real Motorsports for popularity. Things like the fact the race isn't held up by a safety car could be a selling point rather than a strike against sim racing.

Safety cars just aren't necessary in sim racing and while sim racing needs to follow the real world I don't think it needs to take all the bad stuff from it too. Safety cars just aren't fun for anybody, especially in a competitive environment.

Even in the real world they are moving away from the safety car towards virtual methods.

Visual damage is like getting a flake in your ice cream cone, a nice addition but not having it isn't going to ruin your ice cream cone. I'm all for it, but not having it isn't going to impact negatively on my enjoyment of the game.

16. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Visual damage would be cool but it would satisfy too much wreckers in MP.
    We wouldn't want to give them that.
    I prefer sacrify that for the safety sake of our MP sessions.

17. It is better that wreckers vent now because there will be no more room for them in the future with the rating system imho. So welcome to the visual damage.

LeDude83 and Axel Vogelsang like this.
  18. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

How about a visual aid on a damaged cars label showing the amount of damage the car is carrying?
    How about a visual aid on a cars label showing if it's a "WRECKER"?

19. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

For the "WRECKER", we needs rules to manage that.
    Said that Visual Damage would satisfy too much wreckers in MP, it's (for me) approaching the problem the wrong way.

20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I find it in blancpain FCY and Safety cars do add to the race quality since they bring the whole grid back together. Ofc if you are leading car you hate it but people on the back love it.
    And crowd loves close racing so it is good.

Arlo, Thomas Gocke, WallyM and 2 others like this.