1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Visual damage

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk

Turk Alien

SC are an unavoidable part of real world racing, they can add drama for the viewers and maybe an opportunity for some drivers but I still can't get round the fact they are just unnecessary in virtual, they would serve no actual purpose other than to disrupt the race. If the guy in front is a second faster he's still going to disappear into the distance once SC is over and is it really fair on that guy to undo all his hard work to go through an unnecessary event?

I guess I could see an issue where half the field could be caught out by a yellow flag (if they're strictly observed with penalties for not slowing down) it could mean that some drivers get penalised when others don't creating an unfair advantage for the people that weren't at that part of the track when the accident occurs. A track wide virtual safety car might prevent that from happening, it would only need to last a few seconds though.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  2. Adastros

Adastros Racer

and it's better for e-sport audience

D.Jankovic likes this.
  3. I'm totally okay with damage being implemented, and the visual part of it too. But I remember something about car makers being strict on that for some reasons when they release a license for a game, is it still valid?

For the evolving discussion... As much as I like Hardcore simulations, I'm the first to say when things gets too serious you suddenly realise that reality applied to a game is no more fun.
    Too many variables that in real life are manageable in a way or the other, in a game are just a pain in the a**

Remember the full mode in netkar pro when you had to wait for the mechanics to change or repair something on a car? AMAZING idea, but yeah much fun sitting there for half an hour waiting instead of driving :D

In a game, even if you are quite a clean driver, you will still mess sometimes because you don't have the same spatial awareness of a real car. Or you are more brave because if you crash you don't have to pay, risk your career or worse: your life.
    A safety car would be a wow factor the first time you see it in action, but for the reasons above are you sure you want it with high chances of being deployed in every race? In a 20 minutes race maybe? Not me

4. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I think is an urban mythe made by Polyphony Digital : )

pigsy likes this.
  5. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Speaking of damage/collisions modeling surely Devs could find a "balance" between "nothing at all" and "everything as IRL".
    At this stage of development ACC seems aimed at a too "aseptic" experience, so I suggest to aim a bit towards damage modeling.......
    As an example of what I'm speaking about, you can think about how much the (wonderfully rendered) sparks effects add to "sense of dynamic" in Assetto Corsa Competizione sessions......

MonzterPixel, WallyM and Son like this.