1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

VoiceAttack Software Review

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Coanda, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For those who are not aware of this software I would like to share my experience using it. I have been using VA for a few months now and I have to say it is a really nice add-on to sim racing. It's easy to setup and also particularly handy for GPAD users that are either bound by the current ACC button mapping limitations or hardware that does not have enough buttons for binds. VA simply works by voice commands and you have a lot of freedom for what you want to do once those commands are recognised. I use this software with F1 2018 with 100% success on call commands. Currently in ACC my call commands are 90%-95% successful. I have made some tuning adjustments to the settings + pause delays between each step. It's great as it allows you to concentrate more on driving rather than finding buttons. I have not tried VR however I think this would also benefit them a lot.

I am not associated with this software in anyway. You can pick it up cheap on steam.

As example here is my current ACC profile.

va.jpg

MonzterPixel, garof, chksix and 11 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec – Introducing The Brand New FanaLab Software | Free Download Sep 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec – Introducing The Brand New FanaLab Software | Free Download Sep 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR Headset and steam software setup Windows 1903 Aug 28, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Pixel Density doesn't work (new Oculus Software) Jun 28, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality What software do you use to record your VR view? Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Next level Racing V3 motion software update Sep 26, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Can’t Launch - Game Won’t start (solved updating DirectX software) Sep 25, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals no timing information in API for SimHub and other external software Sep 23, 2018
    Screens & Videos Running Assetto Corsa in Software rendering mode! Apr 19, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech gaming software doesn't install Feb 24, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Assetto Corsa Suddenly Started Crashing Game Engine Motion Software Feb 23, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec owners : Software v289 is now official. Jun 22, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Wheel rotation getting set to 800 in Fanatec software... Feb 18, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions G29 Logitech gaming software Jan 29, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions Software for the joystick control panel Dec 20, 2016

3. TDS

TDS Alien

can you send me your acc config file please?
    Thanks !

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Sure thing. File attached :)

Attached Files:

mr Switchblade, Pheebau and TDS like this.
  5. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I use it for DCS, but strictly for comms. It would be great in ACC to tell the pit crew what tyres and how much fuel you wanted before pitting, but I doubt that would be made possible.

chksix, TDS and earlyapex like this.
  6. Fabrice77

Fabrice77 Rookie

This is exactly what I was thinking of. I use VA with x-plane to talk to my virtual copilot, and it would be great to be able to communicate with the pit in ACC. If an interface to configure the pitstop using keys is available, it should be doable.

AurusCE, Coanda and mms like this.
  7. Pheebau

Pheebau Gamer

Thank you @Coanda
    Will be particularly useful for VR

Am using Crew Chief as a chief and spotter software in other sims - hope they make it available on ACC (currently works in AC)

XettMan, Arlo, Coanda and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Good tip!
    have used voice in simracing before
    in VR cant even type sorry :) so this will be great

Coanda likes this.
  9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Guess Kimi's VA did'nt quite work...

Yeah it's old, but still funny :D

10. max21

max21 Gamer

@Coanda

Thank you so much for the suggestion!
    I will definitely try it with VR.

max

Coanda likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

My new VoiceAttack ACC v2 profile

Attached Files:

Pheebau, Ciccina2016 and TDS like this.
  12. Coanda likes this.
  13. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Could this also be a workaround for the MFD, which doesn’t work in VR yet, to manage and prepare pitstops (fuel, change tires...)?

KillZoneGB likes this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't know. Can you bring up the MFD menu at all in VR?

15. Y22 Rydr

Y22 Rydr Rookie

If you map a button, yes. In VR you can’t navigate it (or at least I have not figured out a way)

16. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

The MFD is the new menu in the bottom left ?
    If so it's yes, in VR we can switch the different menus : leaderboards, electronics etc, but we can't interact with any setting (or I didn't find how to do it).

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@mikendrix & @Y22 Rydr - According to the v0.7 change log. I don't like your chances getting around it and I don't have VR to test it for you. Sorry guys...

"NOTE: the MFD navigation in VR is not yet functional, thank you for your patience."

mikendrix and Y22 Rydr like this.
  18. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Thanx !

19. chksix

chksix Simracer

Voice commands in VR would be realistic and awesome. Like calling the pit crew and telling them what they need to do over the radio.

20. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

These voices softwares work with shortcuts, buttons, keys etc
    But if the commands are in the MFD, how could it be set ?

Maybe a voice command to switch the MFD panels ?
    Then use voice commands for the arrow keys ?
    Something like :
    "MFD" "MFD" (until the panel we want)
    Then :
    "down" "down" "right" "right"
    "down" "down" "left" ... etc ?

It would be tedious, I would prefer the Dpad of my G27

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  21. chksix

chksix Simracer

I was thinking more of a direct access to commands via voice. "Pitstop, tyres, repair suspension" or "Pitstop, wet tyres, wet setup".

Arlo likes this.