1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi everyone,

VR SLI technology has been really unlucky, gaining very little traction. Is there any developer that could explain why is that too hard to implement?

I think that it would be really beneficial, considering how much is ACC in VR demanding, I know VR sli should be almost plug & play in ue4, why then nobody implements it? Any chance that we would be able to see that?

Thank you

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tire Slip and Brake Feedback Sunday at 10:58 PM
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars SLI Support Request Sep 25, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphics sliders Sep 24, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Car is driving slightly left Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Physics Can't catch a slide Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars SLI please ? Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Please add FFB-Sliders like in AC Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestion: FFB Filter Slider like in AC1 Sep 13, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Please add FFB-Sliders like in AC Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room What tires correspond to the semi-slick tire? Aug 23, 2018
    Chit Chat Room rear slip feel Apr 4, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Gear # not correct with wheel SLI Feb 25, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Slipstreaming correctly Jan 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Having problems with drifting/powersliding Jan 5, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues laggy slip stream Dec 11, 2017

3. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Rookie

This is something I would really like to know the answer to too. VRWorks from NVIDIA is built into UE4 and it’s apparently easy to implement, yet as far as I am aware only a couple of games support it. VR is such a natural fit for SLI and you can have one graphics card per eye.

I think the issue is that SLI in VR is a niche within a niche as not many people have SLI and VR. But the reason why no-one runs SLI in VR is because no games support it!

If you built it they will come!

I’m pretty sure if ACC supported SLI via VRWorks a whole bunch of people would go out and buy a second graphics card. Kunos have their work cut out at the moment, but I have my fingers crossed that at some point they will support SLI.

Micii1 likes this.
  4. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

From what I've read there are not many multi gpu users about these days. I hedged my bets on it being a thing but ended up with a extra 1080Ti EK X.

I'm kind of thinking I should swap them both for a 2080Ti EK X but then I read Pimax might have some technology that can use both my cards.

5. Stains

Stains Racer

With ACC Ai cars using player physics what are we supposed to do ? SLI CPU's :p
    Better than supporting SLI we need developers to support low level API's ! DX12 / Vulkan and optimise the crap out of the graphics .

6. TRIAS

TRIAS Gamer

I have 2 1080ti and would love to have VR SLI Gameworks implemented in ACC for my Oculus. Pimax 5k+ shaping up to be a good HMD.
    I think developers have their hands full at this stage but Pimax 5k+ on two 2080ti on youtube would give Kunos Co. more praise & publicity along with more customers. Hi res HMD in ACC would definitely make a stir. I certainly hope that they will look into it at some point.

Stains likes this.
  7. John Caetano

John Caetano Gamer

8. Stains

Stains Racer

Ditto +1

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I would certainly be happy to buy another 1080Ti if VR SLI was to be implemented and gave a significant performance increase. I’m sure Nvidia wouldn’t complain about the extra sales either....

Micii1 and Stains like this.
  10. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Rookie

Ryzen 3000 series are rumoured to have 16 cores with 32 threads so this should be enough power for a full grid!

11. Stains

Stains Racer

But at what speed ? We still need fast cores !

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Given that they will be the new 7nm cpu’s It would be a safe bet that per core performance will be very high. It’s a big die shrink so will be a heap more efficient

Stains likes this.