1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Thanks for the response I appreciate your candor. Having an answer, even if it's not the answer you want, is still better than not knowing.

mms likes this.
  2. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Official answer is maybe? Wow. Did not expect that response and from the sounds of it if you haven't tested VR support I guess the title is still months away not days as some have hoped, or is time such a constraint that VR support would not be offered at all or offered at a later time?
    I couldn't go back to single/multi screen setups since I've been using AC with the Oculus for such a long time, this isn't a stamp my feet statement but just a simple truth.
    Ohh well fingers crossed.

3. mms

mms Alien

That's more than enough to reassure me, Kunos did way more than they ever intended to with AC, the only question is when the VR support will arrive.

And I don't think they will delay the EA release because of the lack of VR support, and yes, the release of the finished game is still way too far, but that was expected.

4. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Fair enough. It just sucks that it might not be in the EA, because I'm just not interested in 2D racing and will have to wait for the VR support. :( Glad to know it'll eventually be there, though.

Never heard that term before, but I like it. It's very descriptive--captures the technical and sensory side of it. ;)

Micii1 likes this.
  5. Stains

Stains Simracer

Kunos can have my money the day VR works in ACC ! I was planning to buy it day one in EA but now will only hand over my money when VR works ,even if its at 45 fps i will buy and hope for optimisation .

6. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I hope even a very basic support for the EA.

"I couldn't go back to single/multi screen setups since I've been using AC with the Oculus for such a long time"
    Same thing, VR, put you really in the car. Fingers crossed too.

7. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

It's not just having VR, is also having a GUI that supports it natively.

If ACC still doesn't support it now (we don't know) and it's all to be worked on, it could be a long time till we have VR.

I don't know why I always gave for granted ACC would have had VR support right from the EA, now I'm fearing it won't. Let's wait and see

surtic86 likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The alternative would be Stefano saying "yes, with no guarantee for how it runs". Would that be better? How are they supposed to give a definite answer if the game isn't finished...

Ischemica likes this.
  9. ya as usual honest interaction is not something that people seem to appreciate nor understand... silence is always the safest option. :(

ManniX, dermonty, Ischemica and 3 others like this.
  10. mms

mms Alien

I think most people really appreciates that, please ignore the few ones that don't. I'm one of the people who does appreciate it a lot, and despite I was hoping for a VR support from the beginning of EA, I can understand that's not the priority.

Also despite the fact that GT3's are not my cup of tea, I will still buy the game as soon as it's available on EA, and will start playing it as soon as VR support arrives.

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  11. Haiden773

I think it's good to know for sure. Silence might seem safe, but it's always risky, because it allows other people to create the narrative. :)

Also, one can understand and still be disappointed. It's not a ding or criticism. Just disappointed VR support isn't going to be in the EA.

Blamer, morpwr69 and Derrellbiffle like this.
  12. where exactly did you read that VR isn't going to be in the EA?

ManniX, Loeki, Micii1 and 2 others like this.
  13. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Hope this helps:
    https://blog.prepscholar.com/how-to-improve-reading-comprehension

14. Haiden773

Apologies. I worded that incorrectly, reflecting my personal thoughts and not the reality. For me, until something is a definite yes, I assume it's a no. I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.

I should have said: I'm disappointed to learn it's unconfirmed for EA.

Actually it doesn't, because I understood him just fine. See above. But I suspect you were more interested in brownie points anyway. Just make sure it's a brownie. I imagine, color-wise, it's hard to differentiate with your nose up there. ;)

Stains and Blamer like this.
  15. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

As much as I'm excited for ACC, I do believe that not having VR at launch into EA would be a big mistake. Sim racing is quite a select audience and most die hards have VR especially on PC, if it doesn't have VR at launch them that group might not buy it until it does, plus no console sales either. They need to get every PC sim racer to buy this sim!

Stains likes this.
  16. Stains

Stains Simracer

Now you gave me a great lol ;)

17. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

No, it was a well meaning suggestion, but now I see that maybe this is of more help:
    http://www.littlethingsmatter.com/blog/2010/03/23/six-ways-to-avoid-misunderstandings/

You see, I didn't have my crystal ball with me, so I had no way of knowing your thoughts and interpretations. Pay close attention to #1 in the above link ;)

18. Stains

Stains Simracer

Derrellbiffle and Haiden773 like this.
  19. Stains

Stains Simracer

Haiden773 likes this.