1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

+1

pumpkineater23 and ozzyneil like this.
  2. Stains

Stains Racer

Where and how did i mention unlimited income ? I was called a spoiled kid and i just assumed if im spoiled because I have a 1080Ti/7700k/3200 RAM/VR it must be because he couldn't afford it , never once mention how hard ive had to work or sacrifices made to be able to enjoy it !

You coming here saying anyone can afford it is just complete and utter disrespect to all those using GTX 480 on 720p screens because thats all they can afford and good for them and good for me for having what I have !
    You really do need to get a life Mate !

3. Kunos, your vagueness is odd. The best VR is an absolute necessity - it needs to be implemented from the ground up. Flat screen sim racing already seems like yesterday's tech. The best VR will make the sim stand out as the best.. ACC will be instantly regarded as *the* cutting edge racing simulator.

MAD MICK, tev, RAD_RACER and 4 others like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

Why does VR need to be implemented from the ground up? Sims already have an advantage in that they are 1:1 representations of the real world. The issue with AC wasn't the in game VR experience, it was the UI that was non existent.

aotto1977 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  5. What's meant when something is built for VR? (genuinely interested). It's not just the UI is it? No racing sim has been built for VR as far is I'm aware. VR really should be primary when first building rather than a 'we might sort it out later' kind of thing. The combination of racing sims, FFB and VR is here. Being in it and feeling it too - the future is now!

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Same question, what is it besides menu, HUD, and UI in general, esp. if 3rd party graphics engine is used that supports the function already.

7. Point taken. I think I thought that specific VR programming languages could be used to create better virtual environments.

8. kunos

kunos Alien

performances

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not flat :D Already supported

[​IMG]

:D Ok all kidding aside, VR support is important no doubt. Hope they can implement it. Even when I myself was unimpressed by CV1 resolution, feeling it was tomorrows tech indeed, also in bad sense

Patrik and Andrew_WOT like this.
  10. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Still hope you get it to work with good performance for ea.. i

11. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

AC was one of the 1st auto sims to implemented VR (as soon as CV1 was out - AC had it), which pretty much means they understand how important VR is.
    UE4 supports VR natively so... I am reasonably comfortable believing ACC will have it... at EA.

rycil and Micii1 like this.
  12. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

I know.. and i have about 1600 hours in VR in assetto corsa.. still love it everyday

Cote Dazur likes this.
  13. kunos

kunos Alien

sadly with a 3rd party engine like UE4 there isn't much we can do.

mms and Cote Dazur like this.
  14. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

I trusth you lord kunos

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. noorbeast

noorbeast Rookie

Can I clarify what you mean, as even the source code is available for UE4?

16. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

Me too. What a pain it was. Worst software purchase ever

17. kunos

kunos Alien

UE4 is a multimillion lines of code monster with a team of hundreds of the most talented devs in the world working on it full time.
    Do you really think some italian dude can simply get in there and find performances if they can't?

GingerMcAle, Dookie, surtic86 and 8 others like this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Depends on the Italian dude... I have faith :)

surtic86 likes this.
  19. chakko

chakko Alien

You're right. An italian dude surely won't be able to.

Just kidding. ;)

20. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Hello.. i dont know anything about coding for games and are bad on PC.. But i have to ask what about VR with multigpu with unrealengine 4? Maybe it is tecnical possible i dont know.. but i would gladly but a second gpu IF it would run great like that... you guys are doing a great job... Lets make simracing great again!