1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Jax can help:)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Please . . . don't use that slogan - modified or not, it carries with it some very negative associations . . . and, Sim-Racing is already Great (although, I do believe ACC will make it even greater!).:)

3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Sorry if this is a silly question, but do we know if ACC will actually support proper triple screen (like in AC), or is that too still under research/development? (I couldn't find it confirmed anywhere).

hristo1026 likes this.
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

[​IMG]

Icky427, Stains and stefanoCasillo like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't know for sure but I'd be a bit shocked if they didn't. It may be one of those things that isn't there in the initial EA release but I'd fully expect it to have multiple screen support pretty soon after EA if it's not in EA, which I'd say it would be.

The guys with big fancy rigs will be the ones promoting this game during EA. So it would pay to have triple screen support from the beginning.

Whitestar likes this.
  6. Stains

Stains Simracer

I was / am really hoping the move to UE4 was / is going to be innovative for Sim racing and a multi GPU VR approach could be just that innovation along with some Tech developed by the manufacturers like VRworks or liquidVR !

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-vrworks-and-ue4

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Haiden773 and Micii1 like this.
  7. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

I 2 is waiting for this.. Dont know why is it not used yet...

Stains likes this.
  8. Bty

Bty Rookie

I just had a test drive in AC with the new Windows Mixed reality headset (1440x1440 per eye) and the debate is over.
    During the DK2 era you could argue VR vs triple monitors setup, the debate now is over, especially since this headsets are, relatively speaking, cheap enough.
    simply put, not offering VR in 2018 is like not offering wheel support.

pumpkineater23, Stains and Micii1 like this.
  9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Which headset? I’ve tried the HP and found my Rift much better overall

Stains likes this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

It's not as straight forward as that unfortunately. It's all about the market, it could be great and cheap but if people don't have them game makers aren't going to waste money developing for it, and if the aren't that many games people won't buy them, no matter how cheap they are.. There's certainly no going back for the sim world but getting the casual gamer's on board is going to be more difficult.

I still think the VR experience (outside of simulators) is hard to accommodate in most homes. Ideally you need a room for standing VR experiences and I'd guess most people don't have a spare room to dedicate to gaming. If you have to go moving stuff around every time you want to go into VR it's going to be too much effort for the casual console couch potatoes. I even think the fact that you have to get up and move around will mean many casual gamer's that use gaming as a form of light entertainment will prefer sitting or lying down with minimum effort required.

11. tev

tev Rookie

The game looks good, but I've gotta say, no VR no buy. 100%.

Haiden773, chksix and Stains like this.
  12. Stains

Stains Simracer

I think its more that any VR of current Gen at the price of WMR is a total game changer ! I too tried all WMR ( no Samsung though ) before purchasing my Rift and preferred the Rift due to small sweet spot in WMR but would pick WMR over no VR any day !

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

lol , i play all standing VR games (The Forest , Onward etc ) in the seated position and have only very limited room .

14. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

I didn't read the 7 pages, but from the last pages I read, no VR?
    Also no app modding.
    From the alpha video, the camera is **again** very unrealistic as a human pov and will give motion sickness :/

That is sad.

rycil likes this.
  15. mms

mms Alien

VR is not confirmed for the EA release, it will come later.

As for the camera I'm sure there will be similar options as in AC, for me it does the job well in VR except on excessively banked tracks like the old Monza.

16. motowntom

motowntom Gamer

This,,,,,,,,, I have a samsung and as long as it works even in it's current state, I could never go back to racing on a flat screen or screens.
    Cheers

17. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

if/when vr is implemented i hope they do something similar to Real Head Motion to handle...head motion. its a huge improvement having something in between "lock to car" and "lock to horizon"

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  18. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Please can you share the source of the info?

19. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

Thanks, that's good news, because I don't have a screen anymore to play sim racing :)
    I will not talk about the helmet view here, would be OS.

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Some pages back Stefano posted about it.
    It may make it into EA but no guarantee.