1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Vsync problems with nvidia. please try 340.15 drivers or newer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello everybody.

In our effort to iron out all the stuttering and graphics performance issues, we would like to ask to whoever has problems with VSync and nVidia video cards, to update to drivers 340.15 or newer and report their findings here.

Thank you in advance.

marlo0081, Tiago Lima and Rui Santos like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Any kind of frame limiter or VSYNC will cause ACC to crash, but image is unstable without it Jul 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Gameplay not smooth even at high FPS and with VSYNC on Dec 28, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Vsync only on replay? Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Vsync /fps cap/screen tearing Dec 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Vsync trouble Apr 25, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars VSYNC not working Oct 10, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Input lag at high fps, no vsync. Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars VSYNC problem.... only 30fps and not 60. Any solution? Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Anyone that uses 144hz with vsync here notice this......? Feb 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room VSync vs AC FPS Cap vs Drivers Frame Rate Limiter Dec 28, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Frame Time over- and undershoot with anything but VSYNC Nov 7, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues vsync changed in 1.9 so that you need Nvidia adaptive? Oct 26, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Games feels stuttery when VSync if Off Oct 25, 2016
    Screens & Videos vsync vs fps cap Aug 19, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 1.5.6 vsync not working Apr 8, 2016

3. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

What drivers do you recommend for AMD users I had a reduction in fps since 22.9 ?
    P.s what happen to the last 1000 + likes on facebook announcement!

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

I have problems with V-Sync off...

nate likes this.
  5. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I had problems with v-sync off before, now the games runs great with or with out it. Did you change something already?

6. Hi aris im on later drivers and i get stuttering . A question if u dont mind ,i have an i7 3770k and id like to know if hyper threading benefits assetto , ive just disabled it to see if the stuttering goes . And vsyncs allways off.

7. Hi folks i disabled hyperthreading on my cpu and the stuttering seems to have gone now!:D

8. Rui Santos

That can't be a solution...

9. My stuttering went so it worked for me .

10. Rui Santos

No doubt about it, but what i mean is that can't be a final solution as it's obvious, turning hyperthreading on/off/on/off/on/off everytime i play/quit Assetto Corsa sounds a bit stupid for me...

11. You have pretty much the same setup as me, so just give it a try at least if it works it might give the devs an idea of the cause as it may be a cpu problem . It helps the devs if we try ideas.

12. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

If hyperthreading is the problem, the solution is for Kunos to work out why, and fix it. Having to disable a feature which causes no other problems (and is advantageous in many circumstances) is not a very appealing option.

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Yeah that is true but if it is a cpu problem then were here to help the devs solve the issue for our own benefit . Going into the bios and turning off hyperthreading isnt that hard especially if you create fantastic tracks !;):D:D

14. Rui Santos

This @richard thompson

15. Rui Santos

No, it's not a CPU problem, it's a game problem...

16. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I'll definitely give it a try, just to see if it has any effect.

17. Thanks brun.

18. Suit yourself rui stutter away and thanks for helping ! Not :confused:

19. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

Select ACS.exe in task manager and put affinity to core 1,3,5,7

20. Be good to hear from the devs if assetto actually utilizes hyper threading and how to get the best from it ?

21. Spider

Spider Gamer

I am having no problem with HT and AC