1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 We ask for it-we get it...and...

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Sep 30, 2017.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

...they won’t use it!!!

I remember the times where we (community) ask the deva for an solution that will “eliminate”dirty drivers online. Finally we’ve the”kick”option BUT surprisingly no one is using that feature!! WHY??!!?!!

My second day playing Assetto and in this two days I finished only 2/3 races. I’m not bull****ting on y’all!! Wannabe racers think that they can win the race in the first corner, with cutting chicanes/corner getting 15sec lead over P2 and grab the pole then driving like a maniac all the time roaming dudes off the track....yes unfortunately they can!!!

Online lobby became such a sad place for serious drivers/racers. Even though you rape the hell out of the “kick”option no one is following. They (other drivers in the lobby) see reckless driving and what’s he doing but no one is taking nothing to kick that ‘tard out of the lobby.

Developers heard us gave us tools to make lobbies cleaner but no....it’s frustrating and demoralizing after 15min Qualy that your race finishes in turn 1.

It just Doesn’t make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC somehow CPU Spike background task dependant? Nov 22, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Please let me ask in the other forumsssss Dec 8, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU load >99% but task manager says 35% Mar 4, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash in runnable thread TaskGraphThreadBP 10 [corrupted .pak file] Dec 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fluctuating FPS when opening Task Manager Nov 6, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Hidden Area Mask Feb 26, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards report on SA behaviour as asked Feb 21, 2020
    ACC User Interface Why does the UI ask so much GPU power? Aug 15, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Ask for driver change and mandatory pit stop Jul 3, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze, not responding - can only be quitted with Task Manager Jun 12, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Froze @ Spa, Task Mgr to end it May 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions The 'mask' of a brilliant setup - How fast are you really? May 6, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How do I stop keyboard from being active when game is tasked out? Dec 28, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Could we ask for an option to reduce/turn off crowd on grandstands? Nov 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Where do I post to ask for permission to use assetto corsa for demo? May 6, 2018

3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

The problem is the kick vote threshold is set pretty high. I don’t know the actual value, but I’ve been in 16 player lobbies with a handful of friends, and we still can’t manage to kick the wreckers.

Fundamentally, the problem is that there is no “host” on AC. When you create an online lobby, no one is given host privileges, so no one has the ability to moderate the lobby. In certain other racing games that shall remain unnamed, we run lobbies for hours, race after race, and wreckers get insta-kicked.

Until lobbies are assigned a “host” who has unilateral kick privileges, nothing will change.

Lecce-Thun likes this.
  4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Frustration will continue?! Then m
    Best racing buddy will be the AI!

Lecce-Thun likes this.
  5. At0mic0

At0mic0 Gamer

Project Cars 2 has a licence system. Well it's called Enhanced Elo-based rating system, It tracks players skill, how much time you spend on the road vs on the grass. What lap times you get. In single player and multiplayer so it connects similar types of driver history.

6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

It should be a standard there days. Bcoz what we’ve now is jut total chaos and mayhem!

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

When using the kick system it would be great if you could choose a reason for it too. "Very bad connection" "Wrecker". I see this as even more important on console since you cant use text chat. On the other hand im not sure how many that has the chat open on PC neither. I never press yes unless someone say in chat why he wants to kick the guy.

pippo10 likes this.
  8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Reason!? You saw when I opened few months back a thread where dude sits in ti very top of Eau rouge, yesterday I don’t know how but we drove GT3 cars/Monza, I drove P2 he P1 with 15sec lead (?!) not to mention that he rams every other car on track and the major question is-how the track/timing system allowed that his cheating/corner cutting time is valid!!???

We’re here talking about much more then dirty driving.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yes, REASON. Read my post again and dont quote me until you understand what i meant.

@P73 and bradleyland like this.
  10. bradleyland

iwanchek, dude... You're often really difficult to understand, man. It comes across like you're disagreeing with someone for no reason at all. Kofotsjanne suggested that we should be able to provide a reason why someone is kicked, and you went on a rant about how bad someone was driving on a server. I can't understand how that is a rebuttal to what he said? I also can't understand how all the !??!!!!?!? in your post is justified when the guy just made a suggestion.

Ace Pumpkin, @P73 and stefanoCasillo like this.
  11. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I didn’t disagreeing with him, his”suggestion”or something like that is just too complicated!!

When someone will kick me it’s not bcoz of my
    Hairstyle. I posted with picture prove what dudes are doing and with that “kick”option it should be easier too have solid races but it’s the opposite unfortunately.

12. Rennen

Rennen Gamer

It's not clear how to vote - here is the answer.

bradleyland likes this.
  13. bradleyland

Absolutely agree with this. In most games, when a vote-kick is initiated, the game will tell you which button to press in order to agree. AC shows the vote has been initiated, but I think many people either A) don't know how to vote, or B) have their wheel mapped in a way that has no vote button.

Lecce-Thun likes this.
  14. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

On my T150 it’s the right arrow, btw you’ve now button mapping you can adjust it by your liking.

15. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I've been in lobbies between 5 and 7 people where there is a vote to kick or skip and there are still too many stupid AF people in there to press vote.

Ps. The game has been out a year, if people still don't know how to vote, or how to find out how to vote, or don't say to themselves " how do I vote? Let me have a look" then god help them with tieing their shoelaces up.

Lecce-Thun and bradleyland like this.
  16. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Well, some ppl just doesn't want to vote. Ie. I've been in iRacing from 2009 and I've never voted there, nor in other games. I don't think that it's my problem if some other players want to vote against somebody(before somebody say, never been target in those votes..), so I just don't do it. I don't feel that I have to be some kind of netpolice , never have pressed "report" etc anywhere, forums or other pages.

17. bradleyland

What about cases where someone is egregiously disrupting a race? If someone is parked on the track, or intentionally taking out other players, I believe you have a responsibility to take part in the process of removing them. Simply refusing to vote in all cases makes you partly responsible for the continued disruption of the lobby.

cave likes this.
  18. Odbball

Odbball Racer

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

bradleyland likes this.
  19. Raikku

Raikku Racer

It's not my job to be a rat.

20. bradleyland

WTF are you even talking about? You're not being a "rat" when you kick someone from a lobby. There is no central authority tracking lobby kick votes. You're simply punting a fool who is disrupting the lobby.

Lemme ask you this, if you were standing around with your buddies, and I walked up and flicked you on the end of your nose over and over, would you consider it being a "rat" if you and your buddies sent me packing?