1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

We need your opinion! JOYPAD SUPPORT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

1. your gamepad model (brand, type)
    xBox 360 wired and wireless, have both.

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings?
    No.

3. if you use customized gamepad settings, please list your values for:
    - Steering Speed - 100%
    - Gamma - 2.3
    - Filter - 0.88
    - Speed Sensitivity - 0.04
    - Deadzone - 0.03
    - Rumble Effects Intensity - 65%

4. Please list the driving assists that you use:
    Automatic braking - off
    Automatic gearbox - off
    Automatic throttle blip - off
    Automatic clutch - off - funny that it works without clutch
    Stability Control - off
    ABS - on, sadly
    Traction Control - off

5. Your favourite car list (only car models currently available in the game)
    Lotus Exos
    BMW M3 GT2
    BMW M3 E92
    Lotus Exige S Roadster
    Ferrari 458 S3

6. IMPORTANT:
    Here you can share your suggestions to improve the gamepad support:

1. Tyres lock way too easy without ABS, so this need to be fixed.
    I need brake range or brake pressure options like (wheel user have) to drive without ABS
    Can provide a video showing that i use only 50-80% brake pressure (depending on situation) and the tyre locks already and this problem got already reported on the forum :)

7. Info
    Besides this i am very happy with it, because i am probably the fastest xbox user out there:
    http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=760
    Can compete against most wheel user.
    Steering and throttle are perfect for me.

So fix ABS lockup problem with an option like brake range or pressure and i am very happy :D

sherpa25 likes this.
  2. littleP

littleP Rookie

1. Xbox 360 wireless controller

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? Yes

tried many diufferent settings, I can't get it to feel right at all. These are my current settings;

- Steering Speed 30%
    - Gamma 1.7
    - Filter 0.7
    - Speed Sensitivity 0.04
    - Deadzone 0.1
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 100%

Tried it with assists off, it's extremely difficult... so this is what I'm using now;

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic throttle blip (on)
    Automatic clutch (on)
    Stability Control (on 50%)
    ABS (on)
    Traction Control (on)

I don't have a favourite I (try to) enjoy them all. Few too many similar Lotus models though...

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. Would be great to be able to look around with the right stick. The detail in the cockpit is amazing but as it is you can't see most of it! Analog looking around is much more immersive than using the digital d-pad.

6.b. Using the "start" button to access the menu and then use the controller to navigate around

6.c. The steering is way off for the controller unfortunately. I do have a G27 but sometimes I just want to have a quick go relaxing on the couch (PC is hooked up to TV) without getting the whole setup out. The Forza Motorsport series always had great controls for re-creating car control, I suggest you guys look into their setup and try and emulate that somehow?

6.d. An explanation in-game next to each of the control settings for a pad. At the moment it is assumed everyone knows what "gamma" and "filter" do. So explaining what each setting actually does would be helpful for us to try and adjust it to how we need it.

6.e. Access to the controls menu "in-sim" so we don't have to exit out/change settings/reload sim. This would help with getting a setting we like much more efficiently.

6.f. I cannot get the controls right no matter how much I fiddle around with it. A perfect example is the Exos 125 at the Nurburgring GP track. It will not go round that first corner at all, it doesn't seem to matter what setting I have it at the wheel just doesn't turn enough, it's so frustrating to be honest but there are many corners like this. It's like full lock is disabled at anything other than a standstill so you simply do not have enough lock to get round the corner(s)...

Appreciate you trying to improve things for controller users, it's a good move by you, there are a lot of people out here that like to use a controller. The vocal minority of wheel elitists shouldn't be the only ones who can enjoy this title. Good for you for daring to be different.

3. paskowitz

paskowitz Rookie

1. your gamepad model (Sony Dual Shock 4, Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller)

2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? no

- Steering Speed (5%)
    - Gamma (2)
    - Filter (.95)
    - Speed Sensitivity (.2)
    - Deadzone (.1)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (100%)

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic clutch (on)
    Stability Control (off)
    ABS (Off)
    Traction Control (Off)

5. Your favourite car list (only car models currently available in the game): It would be easier to list the cars I do not like since it is far shorter: Abarth 500 SS, BMW M3GT2, Lotus 2-Eleven, P4/5 Competizione.

Reasoning: All of these cars feel like they have too much grip when provoked. I feel like no matter how hard I try to make them feel unbalanced, they just stick to the road.

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. It must.. be simple to adjust. Many gamepad players cannot be bothered to fine to individual settings. They just want to pick up and play. GT5/6 have 1 slider for the controller with 7 settings. This makes it quick and easy to find a setting that works just right.
    6.b. It should.. enable me to drive any car on any track with control. Some cars in AC work better with a controller than others. The BMW E30 drives very differently than the Pagani Zonda R. Depending on a car's speed and handling ability, the controller filtering should adjust accordingly. (I know this is far easier said than done)
    6.c. It would be great if we could adjust the controller settings in game so we can more immediately see the effect of changing the settings
    in game.

4. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

oh forgot something:

6. IMPORTANT:

2. better vibration when hitting brakes, gas, kurbs and so on.
    3. deadzones for the brake and gas would be nice too.

alex72 likes this.
  5. Nullbert

Nullbert Gamer

Xbox 360 wired controller

No

3. customized gamepad settings:
    - Steering Speed 40%
    - Gamma 2.2

- Filter 0.7
    - Speed Sensitivity 0.05
    - Deadzone 0.3
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 50%

Automatic braking: off
    Automatic gearbox: off
    Automatic throttle blip: on
    Automatic clutch: on
    Stability Control: off
    ABS: off
    Traction Control: off

Ferrari F40
    Lotus 2 Eleven
    P 4/5 Competizione 2011
    KTM X-Bow R

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.b. "It should..
    be able to have all buttons mapped, use right analog stick for looking left/right.
    6.c. "It could.. have something like combined rumble effects (left and right motors), instead of using right rumble motor for left turns and vice versa. Or even using the small motor for things like wheels slipping and the big motor for things like running over curbs.

6. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Gamer

Thank you for supporting the pad, that's all I use myself. If I could describe how I would like it to feel, I will put it in one word : rFactor. I love how rFactor plays well with a game pad. If all racing games played that way, It would be amazing.

7. Mascalzone

Mascalzone Racer

Loads of ppl complaining about you Kunos giving support to pad users like me (not here, on facebook). Explain them it's possible to own AC not having a wheel, when you have time.

I always play with advanced difficulty mode and I got some very quick times using pad, I got some videos on the tube that can be of your interest, like this one:

1. xbox 360 pad for windows
    2. No
    3. SS 90%, Gamma 3, Filter 0.75, Sensitivity 0.05 (open wheelers) to 0.08 (GT) DZ 0.3, Rumble 0% to 50% (depends on how much stressed my hands are...)
    4. Your standard Advanced Difficulty settings
    5. All the Racing GT (the ones with whom I am faster eheh)

6.a. "It must.. there be the possibility, in multiplayer, to play with others (wheel users) without being ostracized. Ostracized = Expert/No aids only sessions. I comprehend that there are going to be professional leagues and so on, no probs. I am speaking in general. If using a pad you only can play with others using a pad (mostly idiots) this is going to hugely suck."
    6.b. "It should.. be easier to turn an open wheeler car in the tight (slow) corners without setting the sensibility so low that you spin as a dumbass just touching the analog steering stick at 300 kph."
    6.c. "It could.. be useful to have sensibility sliders for the brake and the gas even with the pad"
    6.d. "It would.. be useful to have an even more fine tuning for the steering (0.050, 0.055 and such)"

7.My RSR Live Timing Profile http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=920

Thanks for your support and the great work. And yes, thinking about buying a playseat and a wheel.

Open a contest for pad users only gifting 'em. I will win for sure :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  8. Rodrigo

Rodrigo Gamer

1-5. Don't have a gamepad, but have got a suggestion:

6. Make a brake pressure option. It would be valuable for players with wheels (like me), but even more so for those with gamepads, who surely lack precision with their limited trigger button travel.

Rodrigo

9. Robilon

Robilon Racer

10. R26D

R26D Rookie

xbox360 gamepad

no

- Steering Speed 80%
    - Gamma 2
    - Filter 0.7
    - Speed Sensitivity 0
    - Deadzone 0.2

Automatic braking off
    Automatic gearbox off
    Automatic throttle blip off
    Automatic clutch on
    Stability Control off
    ABS off
    Traction Control off

BMW M3 E30 Group A
    BMW Z4 GT3
    BMW M3 GT2
    Ferrari 599XX EVO
    Lotus Exos 125 S1
    Lotus Type 49
    McLaren MP4-12C GT3

6. IMPORTANT:

We should be able to pause with the start button

Here it is a lap of Imola on the Exos S1, might be helpful:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  11. GTAce

GTAce Hardcore Simmer

Sony DualShock 3, connected via USB, MotionInJoy + Better DS3, DirectInput
    2. in the Assetto Corsa gamepad options, do you use default settings? Yes / no
    No
    - Steering Speed (1 - 100%)
    Can't assign it on a non-360 Pad preset.
    - Gamma (1 - 4)
    - Filter (0 - 1)
    - Speed Sensitivity (0 - 1)
    - Deadzone (0 - 0.45)
    Can't assign.
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0 - 100%)
    Rumble doesn't work.
    Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic clutch (on)
    Stability Control (off )
    ABS (off)
    Traction Control (off)

Lotus T125, Zonda R, P4/5C, MP4/12C GT3
    6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. "It must..

Every button must be customizable, never mind the preset, including the pause menu.
    6.b. "It should..
    It should offer a fully customizable rumble.
    6.c. "It could..
    Allow full menu inputs.
    6.d. "It would..
    It would be really amazing if you nail it down. I'm physically handicapped and cannot use wheels, so a proper pad support is a must.

{dFb}0skillz likes this.
  12. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Racer

Microsoft Xbox 360 wired controller

No

- Steering Speed (50%)
    - Gamma (2)
    - Filter (0.7)
    - Speed Sensitivity (0.05)
    - Deadzone (0.45)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (25%)

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic clutch (on)
    Stability Control (25%)
    ABS (on)
    Traction Control (off)

All the race cars.

6. IMPORTANT:

6.a.
    We must be able to map all the functions to all the buttons and sticks, so we can move glance/view/throttle/brake controls to the right stick.

6.b. We must be able to pause the game with the start button: with pause I mean a real pause (not the same as ESC button) where we can interact with the APPS and take screenshots easily.

6.c. Since used joypads are less precise, the Dead Zone range must be increased to 1.0 and Deaz Zone setting should be added also for the right stick (see point 6.a.)

6.d. We should be able to map F11 (virtual rear mirror) and ESC buttons.

6.d.
    A navigation system like the one of RaceRoom Racing Experience (where the left stick emulates the mouse and A & B buttons are the select/back functions) would be very useful.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Streaks and Anuj like this.
  13. cgorman68

cgorman68 Rookie

Xbox 360 Wired Controller

No
    - Steering Speed: 20%
    - Gamma: 2.0
    - Filter: 0.7
    - Speed Sensitivity: 0.04
    - Deadzone: 0.1
    - Rumble Effects Intensity: 80%

Automatic braking: off
    Automatic gearbox: on
    Automatic throttle blip: on
    Automatic clutch: on
    Stability Control: 25%
    ABS: on
    Traction Control: off

Mclaren MP4-12C, Lotus 125 and 125 S1

6. IMPORTANT:
    6.a. "It must..

Have basic functionality: Plug-and-play for non-advanced users (no mandatory configuration!), ability to pause, right-stick look, etc.
    6.b. "It should..
    Be as fast as a wheel user (hoping too much?)
    6.c. "It could..
    6.d. "It would..

alex72 likes this.
  14. alex72

alex72 Alien

XBOX 360 cord.

Yes, i use the XBOX 360 menu, and not the custom settins menu.

- Steering Speed RACE (40%) DRIFT (30%)
    - Gamma RACE (2,8). DRIFT (2,6)
    - Filter RACE (0,85). DRIFT (0,75)
    - Speed Sensitivity RACE (0,04). DRIFT (0,02 or 0,00)
    - Deadzone (0,25)
    - Rumble Effects Intensity (0%) (not good enough yet - rumbling even when grip. Should rumble when starting to loose grip instead).

4. Please list the driving assists that you use:Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic throttle blip (off)
    Automatic clutch (off)
    Stability Control (0%)
    ABS (off)
    Traction Control (off)
    Race cars + Formula first. Super cars, normal (although i love super and normal too!).

Here you can share your suggestions to improve the gamepad support:6.a.
    We must..
    be able to map throttle/brake on right thumb stick like all other sims/race games (many are used to it). And shifting to the anaogue triggers. 99% of sims/race games let you do this.

It should.. be possible to set brake/throttle range since it can be a very short distance to max brakes and locking of wheels happen too sensitive. And some gamepads can differ so max range might be a bit different for some. This is almost a "must" actually. It works pretty good on my pad but others might be different.

6.c.
    It could.. be possible to map clutch - to both analogue triggers - at the same time. Both triggers at the same time because if we get throttle/brake on right stick we will shift with left/right bumpers and therefore need 1 finger free when shifting up and down. Clutch on analogue triggers on gamepad, just think about it, this is what most sims/race games have forgotten. You could be above the others in this regard.

And finally, thanks for asking us what we think! Gamepad with good customization is excellent for newcomers into the sim world! Even though im going for wheel/pedals again, having good customization options is always good and make the product feel more solid as a whole.

wellysmut, Streaks and Shaddix like this.
  15. greennova

greennova Rookie

As suggested, I tried the game for the first time other than Pro with the following driving assists:
    - stability control (50% or more)
    - automatic throttle blip
    - traction control

.....I had driven several laps before i even knew it without crashing or spinning out. It also required little precision on my part which saddened me to no end. It felt like [insert_arcade_racer_here] all over again.
    This is still good though so that the game can appeal to arcade players as well. I was looking for something different and Assetto Corsa delivered (without the assists).

Xbox 360 Wired

Yes, since one of the previous updates. Custom settings were lost and I haven't had time to setup again.

It was a minor tweak of a recommended setting on one of the forums a while back, can't recall right now.

Automatic braking (off)
    Automatic gearbox (off)
    Automatic throttle blip (off)
    Automatic clutch (off)
    Stability Control (off)
    ABS (off)
    Traction Control (off)

Love them all but, for consistency sake i have driven the snot out of the Ferrari 458 Italia on Monza 1966 purely to try and tune the one variable that is the controls.

6. IMPORTANT:

6.a. It must...allow us to pause the game via start or customized button at least.
    6.b. It should...allow all buttons / axis to be mapped to any available controls. I agree with the majority regarding FFB, change view, etc.
    6.c. It could...also allow us to make configuration changes / selections in the GUI
    6.d. It would...be nice to be able to adjust controller settings on the fly without having to end the current race. Even adjusting & restarting the same race would be less time consuming to test vs drop controller / esc / exit / options / controls / "setup" / back / drive / start / "loading" / lol.....you get the picture. Could save Kunos & players time testing / tuning controls vs trying to overhaul / set defaults for the masses since no vehicle drive 100% the same by default anyway.

Some of those would be nice until I get my wheel. :)
    Thanks for the amazing sim so far. Great job, keep it up.

IcyPwnage likes this.
  16. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Lately I've been using my controller ALOT... And after alot of trial and error I got it almost where I like it.

1. SteelSeries GPX

2. No

3. My current settings... thou I change them randomly.. Below is what im currently happy with, just not perfect.
    - Steering Speed ................... 85
    - Gamma ............................. 1.5
    - Filter .................................. 0.14
    - Speed Sensitivity ............... 0.05
    - Deadzone .......................... 0.05
    - Rumble Effect Intensity ... 80

- Automatic Throttle Blip ... On
    - Automatic clutch .............. On

5. First two mostly..
    Lotus Exos 125
    McLaren MP4-12C GT3
    BMW M3 E30 DTM
    BMW Z4 GT3
    BMW M3 GT2
    Ferrari 599X EVO
    Lotus Exos 125

a) Simple gamepad wizard to setting deadzone / travel (rf2)
    b) Use the right stick to control drivers head / camera or whatever we want..
    c) Seperate leaderboard stats? Wheel / Pad (even deeper, seperate models/brands). More stats is never a bad idea..
    d) question / request.. use the controller with wheel... Alot can be made from a controller..

17. 1. XBOX 360 controller

2. No

For Road cars:
    - Steering Speed 100%
    - Gamma 2.3
    - Filter 0.94
    - Speed Sensitivity 0.15
    - Deadzone 0
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 25%

For Racing cars:
    - Steering Speed 100%
    - Gamma 2.5
    - Filter 0.94
    - Speed Sensitivity 0.05
    - Deadzone 0
    - Rumble Effects Intensity 25%

4.All OFF except automatic clutch.

5. I like them all really but this are my top 5:

Lotus Elise SC
    Lotus Evora S
    Lotus 2-11
    BMW E30
    BMW E30 Gr.A & DTM

6a. I use 2 profiles for the pad because i can´t make 1 profile that works fine with road and racing cars so it would be nice to be able to change the steering lock of the cars so i don´t have to use different profiles with different speed sensitivity configurations.

6b. Because of 6a I would like to be able to assign different controller profiles to different cars so i don´t have to go to the controller menu each time i change cars. Or maybe be able to change and save/load the controller configuration from the the car setup on track so each car can have it´s own controller config.

6c. At low speeds (0 Km/h to 35 Km/h) the speed sensitivity doesn´t allow to turn tight enough, IMO at those speeds the speed sensitivity should turn itself off.

6d. The way speed sensitivity works now doesn´t allow to counter steer or drift properly, in GT when the car start to drift the game allows a greater range of opposite steering lock so you can control the car during the slide.

IMO except from the problem in 6d the way the controller works is very good, IMO AC is the best driving, sim, racing etc game i´ve played with a controller.

Anuj likes this.
  18. Atrax

Atrax Racer

19. plaid

plaid Alien

6.a Major: Im happy with everything, just that the max sensivity (speed sensivity?) to be able to control the car at high speed prevents me from a high enough steeringangle to drive through tight corners, at least with race cars (GT3s, 458 S3).
    Dont sure about the setting name, but hope people know what I mean.

6.b The ability to look around with the stick (left/right) and/or shift with it would be great.

6.c Minor: Navigating through menus

Anuj likes this.
  20. Anuj

Anuj Racer

Xbox 360 Controller (Wired)

No.

- Steering Speed 20%
    - Gamma 2.5
    - Filter 0.75
    - Speed Sensitivity 0.1
    - Deadzone 0.2

Automatic braking off
    Automatic gearbox on
    Automatic throttle blip on
    Automatic clutch on
    Stability Control 35%
    ABS on
    Traction Control off

1.Mclaren MP4-12C
    2.Ferrari 458
    3.Lotus Exos T125
    4.Pagani Zonda R
    5.Lotus 49
    6.KTM X-Bow R
    7.BMW M3

6. IMPORTANT:

6.a.We should be able to use the controller to scroll through the menu and should not be needing to sit next to the PC always after starting the game.
    6.b.We should be able to look around the cockpit with the analog sticks (if an AI is beside my car, it is mostly impossible to see the car since the angle of rotation seems to be locked.)
    6.c.If a car spins out even a little bit, it is usually impossible to get it in line again, but it's still, manageable.

The first 2 points is what the game NEEDS. Other than these few quirks, no problems at all and even driving with a gamepad seems very fluid.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.