1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Weekend Multiplay was ... BRILLIANT!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Digital Aura, May 12, 2014.

1. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

Kunos!
    I did NOT expect the multiplayer element to be as polished as what we actually got! Sure there's some things to improve, but I ran a server here all weekend and never had ONE negative issue! Not a crash. Not a complaint. Not even any noticeable lag with 10 cars running.
    Just brilliant netcode! And what fun! An absolute joy to experience.

So really really just wanted to say THANKS! - your hard work is unparalleled, unrivaled and unprecedented!

Xenix, cunnu79, DeadNome and 12 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Can't resume weekend from a Championship (é char in Windows username) Jan 3, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Open series custom 3H race weekend includes 2-driver teams Jul 27, 2022
    ACC Gameplay GT4s in custom race weekend practice Jan 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 crashing on loading championship - 2nd weekend Aug 24, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room British GT DLC Weekend 13th and 14th February! Feb 7, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem with grip levels in Race Weekend Dec 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Individual Race Weekend only 3 drivers available Dec 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Saving during an Off line Championship weekend issue. Dec 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Set max driving time in offline custom race weekend? Nov 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Setting up race weekends on server Nov 9, 2020
    ACC Physics What exactely is the meaning of "Ambient Temp" on a race weekend Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Safety rating on free to play weekends Jun 1, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room THE ITALIAN WEEKEND May 18, 2020
    ACC Gameplay User Presets for custom weekend races? May 8, 2020

3. zelimper

zelimper Staff Member

its ALpha stages, and it ALLREADY kicks so much butt , im very impressed!

4. alex72

alex72 Alien

Its great so far indeed. But we see jitter often so hopefully that will be further developed.

We do have tons of fun though. :)

5. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

I would like to say the multiplayer has ruined my single player experience. Yes I was one of those people that preferred single player over multiplayer. Last time I tried multiplayer in a racing game was a very long time ago and that crappy experience stayed with me. Now...... screw single player!!! Even with the tosser brigade out in force there are people out there who make it all worthwhile. The ones you can run door to door with, the people who can sit right up your *** and not play bowling with you on T1, the people you can dice with. Racecraft!!! This sim has taken 2 steps up in my book.

The cars aren't real, the track isn't real but they behave as they should however most importantly, the drivers are real and racing is racing. Nod to those who try to race clean :D

6. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

@Digital Aura

Very well said. I've had an amazing time as well. I've raced wheel to wheel, wrecked, been wrecked, made friends[teamspeak is the best]. Alpha MP has exceeded my expectations ten fold, and this is only the beginning.

Niki Đaković and mangal like this.
  7. baboon

baboon Alien

I agree it's fun already but to say it's polished, with brilliant netcode and no issues is a bit missing the point :p

Niki Đaković likes this.
  8. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I had some of the best fun I've had online in years this weekend. The netcode is particularly efficient and clean. Great work KS!

Yes there are things to improve and develop further but, what a fabulous building block. The effort you guys have put in so far is epic.

I just realised I am starting to sound like a fanboy but, praise where praise is due.

On a side note: To all the folks I raced with this weekend... Thanks for, what was in the most part, good clean fun that had me both sweating and Laughing like a fool. :D

Nahkamarakatti and Queequeg like this.
  9. Dionos

Dionos Gamer

I just want to add that I enjoyed racing in multiplayer as well! Off course there are improvements to be made, and feature to be added... But essentially I like the experience already.

Thanks to all the people for the skillful and respectful racing ;) I do want to have a chat with the people after the race and get in touch on the forum... so perhaps the "community" aspect is an area that can be improved.

See you online!

10. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

You missed the point in me making this a point! I think the difference in my experience vs. yours might be that I was hosting my own server and had 3 other local friends also playing with me (all under 100ms ping). I can only vouch for my experience and that of my friends. We all stated unequivocally that there was NO JITTER. No lag. No hiccups.

Different story trying to connect to the Public servers though. Barely could make it through the starts and/or first turns without teleporting into someone's back end.

11. baboon

baboon Alien

Ok maybe I did. Good that you had such a flawless experience:)

12. UniqCorsa

UniqCorsa Gamer

I laughed of joy, when I read your post, because I felt exactly the same way! First I was afraid of MP, getting my *** kicked by others, and ruining it for them, but I'm not that bad actually, and try to do some clean races. Screw single player indeed! MP all the way! Cheers mate!

13. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I echo everything that was said here, I had a Great time this weekend !

Thank you Kunos !

14. ganviion

ganviion Rookie

T h a n k y o u KUNOS, never had such great fun in virtual driving... i love you, just quitted the ****ty DOTA game, assetto just eats all my free time... thank you.

15. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Never has a sideways loon been so happy :D

16. Thanks Kunos////....this is a great fun...!!!grazie Maestro

Dick Forrest likes this.
  17. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

This was my first MP experience in any game this weekend, and it was epic. I doubt I'll ever play SP again. Despite some races where I got bumped off track (one Imola race 3 times by the same Gulf McLaren :confused::p), and others where the difference in skill was so great that it was more like hotlapping, I had a couple of really good ones.

And even WON a GT race in the Evora GTC between 4 at Nurburgring. (Probably more to do with the quality of opposition rather than my skill, though... ) Slow but in control of the car and keeping it on track pays off each time. Came 5th in an Imola race after qualifying 10th with many 3+ secs quicker than me, simply by stringing 10 laps together without crashing into others, spinning or hitting the gravel.

barrelbreak likes this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Same here, first MP ever, and I’m bugged since Friday! Never thought I could compete so well. Good, clean racing with actual humans rather than funny AI is a whole new experience. Thank you very much Kunos for your great effort.

19. Plaig

Plaig Rookie

You sure you didn't select single player race by mistake? :D

20. TCLF

TCLF Alien

single player 10 cars: 30 fps
    mp 10 cars: 60 fps

sp AI is heavier than mp :p

21. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

Same here. Even with ping around 200ms the game runs smooth. Racing bumper to bumper, door to door are intense and amazing.
    I liked it better with AC than iRacing (did 4 months testing iRacing) but still fancy Simraceway more but AC 1.0 should blow anything currently avaliable out of water.