1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Weekly challenge 4 - 17th March till 23rd March - BMW M1 S3 Vallelunga Club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Davidson, Mar 17, 2014.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

On the other hand it's another bug that was founded and can be repaired before 1.0 and MP. We all know that he cut the track here and there and he admitted it instead of trying to behave like "hey I'm just great", so I think it's all good. We can ignore his time right?

2. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

I reckon so ! , its only a bit of fun for the time being until V1 arrives

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

it isn't that he did it what bugs me. it's that we first had to find out ourselfs and question him before he said anything and that he never addressed the bug in any other part of the forum.

4. Turk

Turk Alien

I just want to point out that when I said I improved my line after watching BenCs replay it wasn't just the first corner I was on about, I saved some there but I was turning in too late to just about every corner. Most of the time I saved was after the first corner. Turning in too late is a habit I've picked up so I come out of the corner straighter but I'm clearly doing it too much and it's costing me time.

5. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

You've got the point there.

6. Well, it was a great week in AC for me, and do not be fooled by my 57.424, that is an incredible time for me :D,
    and yet more important, I feel I am a better driver out of this week than what I was getting into it!

So, I thought some thanks are due ;)

First and foremost @Paul Davidson , because You made this happen! No exaggeration here, I really mean it, it was because of Your challenge!

To Empty Box and his YouTube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/TacticalCardboard ), especially the Sim Racing 101 series, and these two:

telling me where to look for FFB clipping and making me noticing its effects, and

making me reposition my screen and lower my FOV.

To @TCLF and @Kristaps for sharing their set-ups!

To @BenC for his replays!

To those that pointed to Ross Bentley's Ultimate Speed Secreets, for it's an amazing book!

To all You guys participating in this challenge and this forum, for Your passion!

And well to Kunos, because AC!

Thanks!
    :)

gaz41, Kristaps and BenniS like this.
  7. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

I'm still happy to appear anywhere in the final leaderboard.
    I have one question though, I read people saying that you should set the boost to 100% by pressing Numpad 0, I tried but it didn't do anything. Did I get anything wrong?

8. Rigel

Rigel Alien

Yes, it's the zero above the P key, not on the numpad.

9. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

I think I tried that too :)
    Oh well, will check it again - thanks ;)

10. The date for the challenge was over yesterday :)

11. Working on it mate :)

That was actually what I was thinking :) great minds think alike.

I am getting about 5/10 laps of each challenge lol

Berserker223 likes this.
  12. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

First thing I did after I cut the track, I came into this topic and said that I just set an invalid lap, before the times were posted(take a look few pages back if ya can't sleep at nights)...Having lols for the most part, to see how far I can go with it. And I posted it in the forums I made a topic, but the post was merged with this one https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...rack-5-second-penalty.1998/page-7#post-103423 The penalty system is flawed rather than track having a bug, going trough objects isn't a bug either it's just a placeholder. The only thing I didn't do is specify what exactly I did, Which non of you need to know to be fair.

13. TCLF

TCLF Alien

explain me then how the op in this thread was updated 2 and a half hours before you posted anything with you on the result list

14. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

15. zAmboni

zAmboni Gamer

Wow....Didn't know I would have shown up on the leaderboard there :). This was my first go at the weekly challenges. I had never driven that car before and I'm still a relative newbie at this sim stuff. Going to have to try the new challenge as I have been looking to do something different than hotlapping.

16. This is the very definition of hotlapping lol.

17. :)

18. zAmboni

zAmboni Gamer

Heh.
    For the last week I have been driving the Formula Abarth on the different tracks trying to best my times on the RSR leaderboards. It actually felt a bit refreshing to hop in a car that I never tried and felt like a stuck pig compared to the FA. It didn't really feel like I was hotlapping, more like trying to figure out how to drive the car. Not really sure if that makes sense.

For the new challenge, it definitely will be a challenge for me. I gave the Huayra a try on the Nur GP when it first came out and I quickly gave up because I spun out everytime. I now have an excuse to figure the car out :)

19. Just remember that even though the Pagani has those cool looking aero flaps, they don't do that much actual work....this car has slightly more downforce than a truck.....This thing is basically a two million dollar muscle car....

20. kjelle

kjelle Racer

Appreciated!