1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Weekly challenge 4 - 17th March till 23rd March - BMW M1 S3 Vallelunga Club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Davidson, Mar 17, 2014.

1. mogroith

mogroith Racer

Me again just wondering what everyone has their stability control and mech damage set at? When this started was their a standard set up agreed upon or is it run what ya brung? I have been running 50% stab control and 75% mech damage 1x fuel cons and 3x tyre wear. Am I cheating or shafting my self. Thanks.

2. Shardik77

Shardik77 Rookie

My stability control is OFF, Mech Damage is OFF, Fuel Consumption & Tyre Wear at 1x and 26 degrees Celcius Ambient Temp. Using no other driver aids, just set a new PB (56.398)

P.S. Wow... BenC just broke into 54.xxx

3. mogroith

mogroith Racer

Back to the drawing board thought I would have .5 a lap if others were using 100% stability control. Do you turn the factory ABS off as well or only the game ABS? With no stability control guessing less boost might be quicker than krankin it to 100%, time to do some practice and get a bit slideways

4. Shardik77

Shardik77 Rookie

I use no ABS and 100% boost. Need to be very gentle on the throttle! :) Not sure what you mean with factory ABS or game ABS... I use no driving aids, no ABS, no throttle blip, no auto-gear etc., no nothing. It's just hotlapping, so that's why I have damage switched off. Start with 5-6 liters of fuel and go 2-3 laps max in a run (tyres will go off after that).

5. mogroith

mogroith Racer

Even though I have ABS turned off in realism menu the car still has ABS because it comes from the factory with it, there is a way to turn this off as well but cant remember how.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Maybe Ctrl-A?

7. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

As a beginner to AC I feel this combo is great for learning about racing. Small amount of turns on a slow car you can really see where you go wrong and learn the essential braking and acceleration points.
    Vallelunga-club seems to really be about the racing line.. I can get pretty similar and consistent times with 'drastically' different setups.
    Watching BenC's replay I dunno how I feel about crossing the pylons into turn one.. you go a lot quicker but if we're trying to drive realistically I dunno. That turn is the kicker though.. I can never keep up with my time if I dont push turn one really hard.

I was actually practicing this combo before I saw the challenge thread. Great combo excited to participate and figure out the quickest laps on the next one!
    Cheers all

Edit: At the same time Im completely lost in regards to tuning. Someone mentioned semi-slicks at 25psi.. I was running at default psi for the longest time. How should I know this tuning stuff? Im a driver not an engineer!

8. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

Busy today so won't get another drive. Good luck all.

9. BenniS

BenniS Racer

To those guys with the faster 0.55s times: Did you all cross the pylons before turn one as BenC did in his replay? I wanted to give it a last try this evening, but i don't feel very happy by doing this.

10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Yes, but blame the BenC:D

11. Actually the AI will often do the same. I was assuming going into the area would get me penalized, but after seeing BenC I tried and discovered that AC would not punish You -- fair enough considering the AI, i.e. AC, would use the area!
    I do not know where the red line is, but seems to be beyond the useful part of the track here.
    It does break the immersion a bit driving through a line of cones and not seeing them flying or hearing the impacts, but it's perfectly understandable that such things would not be a development priority.
    Overall I deem the area is "officially" (according to AC's matter of fact) fair game, and I tend to reason that we are "racing" with the race's rules rather than adding our subjective (don't take this wrong, I just mean not agreed beforehand and thus objective) rules.

My other idea is that Paul's Challenges are actually more about improving ourselves with the help of friends than racing against each other on perfectly equal terms.
    Of course we all want to beat the next guy in the list (come on @Paul Davidson just 0.305 to overtake me ;) , You can do it! -- and I am not likely to move bit!:p) and in my opinion this is just part of the help, on par with the tips and experience we are sharing in this thread!
    Thus I feel perfectly OK about everyone driving the way she/he feels more comfortable with, and looking for the more efficient line she/he can drive that the game allows.
    In my case, the best line on this side of the cones was as good as the best one through them (is a shaky smeared trail of melted rubber a line? :p ), so the latter may give an advantage but You still have to be good to drive it properly and exploit it!
    My conclusion -- well done guys, and I am so thankful for this Challenge You're giving me :D!

12. FYI, just tested it, there is no red line that will get You a penalty! You can drive the full Vallelunga track (though You get a "wrong way" signal at some point)!
    Just managed to record a valid 2+ minutes "Vallelunga-club" lap! :D

I still wouldn't call that useful for our challenge o_O

BenniS likes this.
  13. BenniS

BenniS Racer

Hehe okay thanks :) Then i'll give it a try with ignoring the pylons ;)

14. Starlo

Starlo Gamer

Hi BenniS, I'm not cutting the pylons in the first corner as I think its cheating a bit. So far been able to get down to a 55.9. Still about a second off Ben C time. Losing close to half a second just in the first sector alone, would like to know how much of that is in the first corner. Not sure if I'm going to have another go and cut the pylons.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. Starlo

Starlo Gamer

Hi guys, wanted to know how many others out there are still using the G25 wheel from logitech? My wheels fairly old now and I think that I'm losing a bit of time due to the wheel. If there are any other G25 users, let me know what your times are. Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

16. BenniS

BenniS Racer

Hi,

it gave me 2 tenths in 3 laps (down to 55.840 now). But it werent perfect laps for me. Personally, i would say it's an improvement of about 3-4 tenths.

17. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Well then... Set a time of 0:56.900-ish. Then I had the most epic run ever for me. Apart from the middle 180 corner in which I happened to lock up, as I was trying to save I managed to drift trough the grass and continue to set a time of 0:55.100.
    Then my inner race car driver told me to see how much of the track can I cut without getting punished...So I did...Set a time of 0:54.437 :D

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

19. Shardik77

Shardik77 Rookie

I'm using a G25, I even saw some guys on RSR still using a Logitech MOMO wheel. The wheel is great and I have no reason to "upgrade" to a G27, the only difference is a few more buttons on the wheel (granted, those would be helpful!) and the brake and accelerator pedal are not on the same plane so it's easier to "heel & toe" with G27 pedals. You're losing the sequential shifter with a G27, it only has the H-Shifter.

BenC and Nicola Della Gioia (1st and 3rd on the RSR ranking for this combo) both use a G25 as well.

Off topic: Who remembers Nicola btw? The guy was the hotlapping king from Geoff Crammond's GP2 in the late 90's, owning every official track world record. Nicola if you're here and you read this... respect man, I always looked up to you back in the day, was a blast from the past to see your name on the ranking here after so many years! :)

20. E30_Nor

E30_Nor Rookie

Hey Paul,

I'm kind of curious, how many participants has this weekly challenge?