1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #105 – Andy's Challenge

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Nov 26, 2018.

1. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I was also being very (unfortunately for me) overclassed these days, but I’ll still have the occasional go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Just remember as frustrating as it is it’s all about having fun and the enjoyment.
    I barely have time for more than a couple of hours a week now and sometimes less but for me it’s about the fun.
    I know I’ll never be as fast as the true aliens and I told myself that a long time ago because I was getting so frustrated and was ready to give up.
    With all the stresses life brings you it’s good to switch off and do some laps on the WHL, that’s what I think anyway

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

3. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying WHL anymore.

I've probably said all of this in other posts of the past months, but I'll say it again. When I started with AC, I was useless. I used to play the Gran Turismo games with a d-pad and thought I was pretty decent. Then I got AC and had a shock. So I bought a wheel and thought, sorted, I'll be quick now. Nope. In my case it was partly to do with the fact I don't drive in real life, so I didn't have the basics of how to drive, let alone quickly. I did a lot of reading and came across things like slow in fast out. Frankly not very helpful. Then I came across the Driver61 Driver's University resource (https://driver61.com/uni/). It helped me massively. I'm still a couple of leagues below the really fast drivers, but I've accepted that, for the most part - I still get frustrated when I can't improve my times!

Just a thought, maybe upload a replay of your fastest lap so others can give tips. I've always found the WHL community helpful and willing to share their knowledge.

4. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

There's no obligation to do a time. WHL is open for anyone to come and go as they please. If you're not enjoying it then don't do it. You don't have to explain.

You've been one of our best contributors. I've always enjoyed your posts.

All the best Sir. We'll be here if you ever want to drop by. :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  5. moodyryder

Ps4

Attached Files:

6. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

yeah, I am at least 10 sec slower than average time on most laps, but driving these combinations are great. I might be slow compared to most contributors on here, but when i race my mates i can see i am improving. i just love the sounds on my headphones and the sense of speed from these cars. I love the combos on here which is why i drive them, the leaderboard is just a way of keeping score for me.

7. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

I can understand what SissyDriver means but thats how Motorsport or SimRacing is, sometimes it frustrates that you cant improve and find your limit or not being as fast as the fastest. Take it easy, like Lewis said its all about fun. Of course whl was a long time ago more entertaining because of more participants. Nowadays you can improve 1.5 sec. And be still at the same place because fast Andy and other guys are 10 sec ahead.;) Hope you will find your joy for whl again otherwise I wish you all the best

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  8. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 0.49.351 Andy-R PC
    2- 0.49.524 the3ws PC
    3- 0.49.575 Lewisxbone XB1
    4- 0.50.105 Moodyryder PS4
    5- 0.50.679 Total Wrytoff PS4
    6- 0.52.472 le Bluem PC
    7- 0.52.743 ChaosChris XB1

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

It isn't worth doing it if you aren't enjoying yourself. I think everyone must experience a fair amount of frustration in sim racing though. The important thing is to have fun. The biggest gains come from just repetition I think so whether it be in SP, MP or something in-between like the WHC practice is the key to improving and enjoying yourself while you do so is the key to not giving up or burning out.

10. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 49.397
    upload_2018-11-29_21-49-21.png

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

52.007 pc

52 007 whl 105.jpg

omg - i have to apologize a lot. :oops:
    last weeks are very stressfull and so i was a little too sensitive(?) - first attempts with the f40 - more than 7s slower.....it was not feeling right. after >1500 hours with ac i thought - no. stop. this is not my way. i do something else.
    some minutes ago i discovered a little difference. dunno why, but i used semislicks....:oops::oops::oops:
    emm... sorry again and please forget my frustrated outburst.
    and what you have written touched my heart - i thank you all. you are right and i was really dumb. :oops::oops::oops:

12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

51.296 improvement

51 296 105.jpg

:)

13. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

So happy you are back !

Current standings:

1- 0.49.351 Andy-R PC
    2- 0.49.397 the3ws PC
    3- 0.49.575 Lewisxbone XB1
    4- 0.50.105 Moodyryder PS4
    5- 0.50.679 Total Wrytoff PS4
    6- 0.51.296 Sissydriver PC
    7- 0.52.472 le Bluem PC
    8- 0.52.743 ChaosChris XB1

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

50.542 improvement

50 542 105.jpg

;) - triple monitor rocks!
    left is 1920x180, middle 2560x1080 and right one 1240x1024. found the left one as 2nd hand really cheap yesterday and hope they deliver him tomorrow. three 2560x1080 is too expensive. i hope this symmetrical arrangement pushes the immersion again :) christmas for daddy some weeks earlier ^^

Andy-R, DonZmeuheu, the3ws and 4 others like this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

to calm down and bring the fun back for me i took the whl car on another track - targa florio.
    some impressions

targa_1.jpg

love the flowers

targa_2.jpg

one day i must visit sicilia.

targa_3.jpg

so nice

targa_4.jpg

full throttle is no good idea.

targa_5.jpg

what a beautiful car.

targa_6.jpg

and a beautiful landscape

targa_7.jpg

but sometimes...

targa_8.jpg

the beauty is everywhere ^^

targa_9.jpg

>240 km/h and a little jump

16. Absolutely astonishing!
    Most sincerely, my eyes are almost pricked with tears of pride reading the comments made by you contributors to the WHC forum.
    From time to time in life we hit a wall, all seems hopeless and we sink to our knees. This forum has seen a team member go down, they have come together and hauled him back up to his feet. He is back and he posts a time! Not only that, he then goes away, improves and posts a faster time than the organiser. (I know, I know)
    Really well done everybody, most especially you Sissydriver! Just brilliant!
    Now, I'm going to have to find a couple of tenths....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    le Bluem, paul_wev, Andy-R and 7 others like this.
  17. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

18. moodyryder

Ps4

20181130_185951.jpg

I don't normally fight the cars. I like to be smooth as I can.

This thing just wants to battle me though.

Eventually, I have managed to wrestle a '49 from it.

With that , Mr. F40, I shall bid you an exhausted farewell.

19. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 49.305
    f40ns3 monza j 49-305.png

20. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2018-11-30_23-19-32.png