1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #12 - The Green Hell

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Dec 19, 2016.

1. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

The last section is a dangers place and a risky business over there brrrrrrrr
    With my last laptime just submitted here I lost my car almost two times :confused:
    Here is my lap if some one is interested ( the replay is in warp speed :) )

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Happy New Year everyone may 2017 bring you and yours all you would wish for...

Ace Pumpkin and svenvangent like this.
  3. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Had a really nice little session here this afternoon... initially set an 8:09.991 which put me 6/tenths behind my buddy October .. couldn't believe we could be so close after 14km and 144 corners.. lol Had to have another go and after one messed lap I just managed an improvement to 8:09.285... :) a massive 76/thousandths ahead.. mad or what lol.

Had time for one more lap and spun it doing a 360 just after Kallenhard but amazingly kept it on track and continued although losing 4 seconds. Gradually clawed it back and was ahead of my best time heading down the long straight but just lost it at Hohenrain and slid into the wall.. lap invalidated but carried on to cross the line with an 8:06.150!! A 7 second turnaround after my spin :) So with that in mind it seems there's a time close to the 8 minute mark in there if I could get some more time on track. Never thought I would very close to that with so little time at this challenge.

But for now I'm happy with my 8:09.285
    Xbox
    Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX

I know Rob is on a long session now so fully expect to find he has improved his time when I get on here tomorrow... good luck buddy :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

4. NineBolts

NineBolts Rookie

Amazing times being posted by the people here. I'm way off the bottom of the list with my personal efforts but have made improvements by practice and looking at the videos people have posted.

Out of interest I took the GT4 round the track yesterday and that thing sticks to the track like s*** to a blanket. In that car I was able to dip below 8mins but there's no way I could ever make the the 911 behave like that.

paul_wev likes this.
  5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

PC 7:46.722, TX458 using the Rift on the day after the night before was a bit risky but helped me find another 2 seconds. Still another couple of seconds left in the lap but getting everything perfect eludes me with this 911. I am surprised how much this car likes an aggressive turn in setup.
    [​IMG]

6. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure I could get a better time if I could get the car round a lap without touching the grass, spinning it round 5 times, loosing control under braking, brain farting at getting the wrong corner and the other reasons I have wrecked many, many 911s. I take your hat off to you guys but after another day of 20 laps with not one having a valid time I have to give up. I have been trying but I'm not up to it. Bring on the next challenge.

7. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Don't take it like an only your problem, it isn't the Green Hell for nothing :D, i think that the majority of us failed many times before getting a complete clean lap, it's like a giant puzzle of 20 km:D, piece by piece and you will be able to complete it, no matter if after 20 40 or 60 attempts, you need only patience and constancy ;)

Kembro, MBK72, svenvangent and 2 others like this.
  8. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Decisions, decisions...Stupid fast or slightly sideways ;)

MBK72 likes this.
  9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

With my last lap improvement I've lost my car almost two times so I knew there could be something more in it and see.
    What a trip whaaaat a trip looooove it :cool::D:cool::D .
    PS4
    T300 RS
    LT : 7:42.684 yeeeeeeeeeeeeees
    Nurby Porsche 911 Carrera S.jpg

10. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

I've seen many beginnings of the Nurburgring .
    I've seen many mid laps .
    but
    lesser 3/4 and full laps
    7 times I've come to almost the end of the lap in those 14 day's I juuuuust had to break smooth after the long straight at the Nurburgring but crassed , I can sure you this hurts.
    Never the less this was a hell of a big trip i will mis it .
    Thanks to graveltrap for the many updates of are laptimes and thanks to you guy's who have participated well done to every one .
    Greets svenvangent

Kembro, Traks1, Hammerpgh and 3 others like this.
  11. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

If only there was another week :)

At least I have nearly learnt the track, something I have never done before so I am pleased with that.

I will carry on practising this track so by next christmas I'll be a bit better :)

Hammerpgh, MBK72, paul_wev and 3 others like this.
  12. delarosa81

delarosa81 Simracer

Unfortunately a bit late. Been away, not been able to take part during the holiday. But I´ve followed the thread. Nice times, and a very nice combo. Really like the 911. Back today so little time to improve. Thanks to Graveltrap for arranging it, and all the others taking part. Looking forward to new challenges in 2017. Happy new year!
    7.53.148 X1 TX
    green.jpg

Kembro, Graveltrap, paul_wev and 2 others like this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Why are you doing this to me??????? Stop it! Or st least share few set up setting damn it or I'll throw my steering wheel to my neighbor 10m from my room!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Poor neighbour , today he will see the FLYING WHEEL passing his window:)
    For the moment I'm not in front of my PS4 to look for my setup .
    One thing I can tell you out of the head is that the tyres presser for the four wheel is 27 all around .
    I have tried many combination but the 27 is the way to go with this car and this track .

paul_wev likes this.
  15. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm running the pressure almost all 27, the front are 26 if I'm not wrong but I don't think that the pressure is here like main concern. Still, amazing lap I will gladly pay respect on that but I'm really confused though. How can I find like 3sec! Ok, it's 22km lap, but when I almost racing my ghost till the end I see my week points but it's not easy ohhh ohhhhh. Will give it a try now!

svenvangent and paul_wev like this.
  16. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I got another clean lap in, 7:57.352

IMG_1723.JPG

I used a stock car again. Gonna look for a tune to see if I can improve on that.

17. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

You can do better with a stock tune believe me. You can still find like 2sec easily just position the car so that you can go full throttle earlier and be smooth as well.

Pretend racer likes this.
  18. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I have to say, coming from gt6 and the Gtplanet forum where great tunes are shared regularly, I was quite surprised to see that not a single person has posted a tune in this whole 20+ pages. I didn't watch any vids so if a tune was shown in a vid I missed it. The only tuning advice I saw mentioned putting tire pressures to 27.

I find it hard to believe that a stock tune is the fastest tune for this car....
    I admit I don't have a clue how to tune a car so I can't really test this out effectively but I would be surprised if the guys in the top 5 are using a stock tune.

I'll have a go without traction control and 27psi tires and see how that works.

19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Definitely turn the TC OFF its slows you down and as I say you've to carefully position your car entering a cornern and early on throttle. You'll see how your time will improve.

20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

the last sector is the hardest one to master and I told you 27 all around Iwanchek