1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #19 - Can you handle it?!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Feb 12, 2017.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

We all know that PC version ich much better then the console ones so it doesn't make a real difference here. Why upsetting so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Brilliant argument for!, the PC version is better, so we'll hobble the console users more so, LOL, you're a funny guy.

After all the pissing and moaning you've done about car selection, I just think it's ironic that you've pulled this, unless you be trollin' ;)

Lewisxbone likes this.
  3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

It is what it is, I am happy to let console players force the traction off if they do desire, but there is nothing that can be done about the adjustment levels.

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

What the MGU -k thing?
    Does the recovery % change the cars handling or anything i.e. Having it at 10% vs 80%
    Sorry just new to me.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

Duster24 likes this.
  5. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Are you the first one who claims that the PC version and the console are the SAME in term of handling and physics?!
    By better I mean that the PC version better performs. From 1st challenge to the last PC guys are dominating. Not saying that they can't drive heel no but console versions are on the way to become PC versions so I can't see what's your problem man?

6. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Yes, it will change the handling, higher percentages of MGU recovery will increase "engine" braking.

You've got two ways of using it, set it for maximum deployment and just do a couple of laps, then a couple of slower laps while it recharges, and repeat, or set it so that it doesn't run out of juice, which might be quite high on a track like Monza.

Hammerpgh, 365gt and HavanaB0B like this.
  7. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

It is how aggressively the car recovers energy under braking, the higher the percentage the more it recovers.

However the higher the percentage the less nimble the car will feel if you are trail braking, braking distance might bit a bit longer too. If you find you are out of battery (green bar on the HUD) at anytime while you are still accelerating bump that percentage up. 60-70% should be the sweet spot with whatever default MGU-K delivery setting we are stuck with.

Edit: Dano beat me to it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Hammerpgh, 365gt and Lewisxbone like this.
  8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks Danowat.
    Oh ok I get ya. So Its not like drs, I don't have to enable it to get a boost at certain parts of the track?

9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks Havana.
    You guys are so helpful on here, really helps a lot.

10. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Auto deployment, but that deployment level will depend of the MGU mode setting. (edit : also have manual mode, but you may not be able to activate this on console due to button mapping issues)

Can't remember what the available deployment options are in game, but I'd imagine that they are as real life, Qualify (maximum performance on short distance), Long Run (for long distance driving), Fast Charge (for faster recharging of the battery) and Manual Boost?

On console, mode is changed via RS up (if I remember correctly) and recovery via L1 (again if I remember correctly)

Hammerpgh and Lewisxbone like this.
  11. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I've noticed on someone's post it says MGU - mode-qualifying.
    How do you change it? Or is that just standard?

12. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

See edited post above.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  13. HavanaB0B

Time - 1:41.517 - Xbone

Assetto Corsa Screen Shot 2:13:17, 2.35 AM.png

Stock setup/5L of fuel/Soft tires. First and last run for me. The 599XX would've been my choice since it functions as it is supposed to across all platforms, but to each there own.

14. HavanaB0B

I can't change it on the Xbox while using the wheel. With the control preset I use the KERS button is 'B' you can press it to manually deploy. That is what I did until shifting into 5th gear, from there on the car deploys full KERS without you needing to hold the button down.

OctoberDusk06 and Lewisxbone like this.
  15. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Did few tries, improvement schallt ocur soon.

[​IMG]

16. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Yeah just turned my wheel off and used my elite controller and its changeable with right stick up but then switch back to wheel and the game won't work with the wheel unless I quit and start again. Very strange!!

HavanaB0B likes this.
  17. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

1:43.034 - MakaveliA7X - X1 - G920

20170212_224526.jpg

It's too bad that we can't use this car to its full capacity as we can't adjust Mgu deployment options aswell as adjust tc.
    Still fun but like Bob said the 599xx is by far one of my favorite cars in this game.
    That sound ohhhhh yeah.

365gt, Stevesixty7, Kembro and 6 others like this.
  18. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Hardcore Simmer

Improvement: 1:41.680 - PC

Screenshot:
    Weekly Hotlap #19 - Can you handle it 1 41 680.jpg

Video:

Improved my time a bit. I guess 1:41.1xx is possible for me, but i'm not sure i'll be able to unlock that with my dirty driving style. I'm also not sure about the setup. Looks like there are some differences between the pc and the console versions? Ich can change my mgu-k delivery mode between charge, longrun and qualify, but i can't change the recovery mode. But it looks like that's possible on the ps4 version (River Ruckus' post). *edit* I can also change the traction control in factory mode in i think four different modes + off. Left it at default, should be 2/4 or 3/4, not sure. Hope they'll finally manage to get the same options on all platforms soon.

365gt, Stevesixty7, Kembro and 5 others like this.
  19. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I wasn't complaining that there were no assists, you simple minded buffoon. I was complaining that you selected a car that gave me no control over the level of assistance. Either all or nothing.
    Maybe if you took your meds and tried to actually read what was said, you'd catch less crap in here
    You complained every week about the car, the track or the combo, but I offer criticism in jest (which I actually included in my second post) and you call me a lady?
    Grow up little man. And ask yourself a question: would you talk to someone face to face the way you do in this forum?
    I can answer yes to that. Can you?

Traks1 and paul_wev like this.
  20. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

You seem very upset mate. First of all, if you're experiencing issues then all other have the same one as well me included, bu i have no problems at all with the car. Before I chose the track I asked Graveltrap if this car can be used-he confirmed and gave the green light.

So, you whine about having no control of the car?! Really??? Then don't play this event. I did the same, I didt like the car I didt play
    The event-period! When I complain I did complain about the stupid *** gearbox on the Lambo SL, when I complain about the Lotus I complain about the handling of the car, and I manage to have solid time on the end.

The question is this"can you handle this one", answer is YOU CANT.

And let me answer your question, id like to tell you everything in your face just pick time and day bruh! I don't know who you think you're?!

Be a man and quit the event bcoz you're unable to take this one around one bend, so please if you want to arrange a meeting with me-write me in the Inbox don't spam here.

:)