1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #6 - Art and Science

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Welcome to the thread for the weekly hotlap #6 - Art and Science

The Challenge.

Car: Pagani Huayra
    Track: Zandvoort

[​IMG]

"Why-ra" that's how you say it apparently, but what to say about the car, it is fast very fast :) It is also a fantastic drive especially around Zandvoort! Very limited tuning options, multi level traction control (use it) and a sticky gearbox (downshift protection is harsh), it isn't as scary as I remember particularly on the Top Gear record boots!

[Edit]Damn! how could I of forgotten active aero?!...That's the science bit![/edit]

Zandvoort, seriously twisty, this place and super cars just seem to work, it reminds me more of a fast road than a race track at times :)

The Rules.
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory

The Deadline.
    Sunday November 13th :eek: - 22:00 GMT

How to take part!
    To enter simply head into the game select Drive > Hotlap choose the Pagani Huayra and head to Zandvoort. Make sure you setup the session using the settings detailed in this thread and hit the track!

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, its simple :)

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature.

All Platforms are welcome, please let us know what you are using when submitting a time.

Feel free to post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (including the session screen in the clip is acceptable).

A leader board will be collated on a daily basis to keep everyone upto date on where they currently stand...Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post will not be updated.

Feel free to use the unofficial leader board but remember you still need to include the session screen in this thread to be included in the results.

Good luck and have fun ;) :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Scary combo, but just a great one!
    Which tires to use in this challenge?

4. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

in six laps i've gone from spitting my dummy out (too hard:mad:)... to WOW! what a combo:)

can't wait to learn this one... its gonna feel amazing when up to speed!

Zandvoort-track.jpg
    just need a reminder each lap that (audi) S-bocht is waiting to ruin all the hard work!o_O

5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The ones with the most grip ;)

I expect to find many dummies and plenty of toys in this thread ;) :)

Seriously though, use the traction control, it has a range of settings, there should be one that fits everybody! I'd start at level 1 and work through them each, if you feel comfortable go to 2...

I did test drive, the car and track, it was one I could just switch the hud off and do lap after lap not really caring about how fast I was going. :)

Something was also done to this type of car in the last patch (console) they now have much better lateral grip which makes them all a whole lot more enjoyable to drive! :)

Kembro, paul_wev and Rob capewell like this.
  6. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

with some trepidation i post my 1:51.900... slightly worried that it'll be laughed off the track!o_O

151.900 - Copy.JPG

well someone needs to get the ball rolling ;)

7. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

rps20161107_165020.jpg
    1:50.227 PS4 with Wheel.
    First crack with the beast. Comes alive as the TC comes off and then bites big time.

8. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

not half!!...
    1:48.204

148.204 - Copy.JPG

Kembro, svenvangent, paul_wev and 2 others like this.
  9. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Getting a feel for it, stock setup, traction control on 2, with minimum fuel. Screenshot at the end of the video.
    Gotta get the understeer out of it...off to make a setup...
    Time - 1:45.249

10. Rob capewell

Rob capewell Simracer

this should be interesting... i suspect some of you guys will know how to harness the power of this beast!

teach us o wise one's :)

(edit... arrrrh as i suspected!)

Rocket77, HavanaB0B and paul_wev like this.
  11. Nwg

Nwg Racer

20161106_222457.jpg
    1:45.739 xbox

12. Marcel79

Marcel79 Racer

20161107122304_1.jpg

1:46:034 pc
    no traction control
    10 litre fuel

13. Orne

Orne Alien

some are using traction control ? I had no idea :eek: I usually only run with factory ABS, haha.

paul_wev likes this.
  14. HavanaB0B

I just leave it on factory, if it has it I'll use it.

Kembro, paul_wev and Graveltrap like this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

IMG_0358.JPG First few laps, fun combo. Much to gain over the week.
    1:47:877
    TC Level 2
    PC, wheel.

Tomcul, Rob capewell, Kembro and 4 others like this.
  16. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Here we go then, and I'm taking it by factory assists that is for traction control and abs?

paul_wev likes this.
  17. HavanaB0B

Yes, Factory ABS, and Factory TCS.

18. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Yes, factory assists, this basically means if the car is equipped with it from the factory then it will have it in game.

This car has ABS and a TCS system, available, TCS is adjustable for slip levels 1-4 and off if memory serves. No point switching this stuff off if it puts you in the wall backwards IMO!

A big part of cars with limited tuning is figuring out the tyre pressures that offer the most grip, this is a new style of tyre to the weekly so some learning to go on here as well...

19. Didn't fancy last weeks combo but excited to get home n give this one a try.

Awesome track and Ive not had any running in the Paganis so looking forward to this one.

paul_wev likes this.
  20. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Use whatever makes you faster

Ace Pumpkin, paul_wev and Graveltrap like this.
  21. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

This looks interesting indeed. Too many sharp looking corners though! Slowing this down is gonna be great!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

paul_wev likes this.