1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #75 - RacingVarius

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Apr 8, 2018.

1. gtFOOTw

gtFOOTw Racer

gtFOOTw
    XBOX ONE
    1:52.195
    [​IMG]

365gt, Fab85, Laughing Gravy and 6 others like this.
  2. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1:48.733
    upload_2018-4-11_17-18-53.jpeg

3. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

1:50:978 - PC

[​IMG]

Fun couple of laps, look forward to getting my teeth into over the last few days.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    365gt, Fab85, Lewisxbone and 4 others like this.
  4. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Some new entries,or at least i think they are,welcome to the WHL! :)

1- 1.48.041 Pretend racer- PC
    2- 1.49.031 the3ws- PS4
    3- 1.49.527 BrainsBush- PC
    4- 1.49.540 Justray2000- PC
    5- 1.50.551 olevet- PS4
    6- 1.50.746 Zparz- PS4
    7- 1.50.749 Totall Wrytoff- PS4
    8- 1.50.884 ForcefulOdin36- PC
    9- 1.50.902 ddsmark- PC
    10- 1.53.013 Chaos_Cris- X1

5. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Hugo, you missed my improvement - 1:48.733.

Great combo, by the way. I really like the car - a bit understeery, but pretty easy to catch slides.

365gt and Hugo Catarino like this.
  6. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Wow. 1.48?? Really? With just tyre pressure adjustment? I am going to have to up my game! If anything else I should be looking at ?
    Cheers for the reality check!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Hugo Catarino

Its always your time i miss,sorry :p

365gt likes this.
  8. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

LOL, I know.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  9. Chaos_Chris

Hmm 19 Laps later still only a 1.54.4 , slower than previous. Can clarify the first 2 corners are in 2 nd then third then feather the third up to fifth under the bridge, brake at line before bridge and third feathered up the the next braking zone, then second hitting late apex then brake at the grass into second again. Through s bend in third up to 4th then down to third to spot the drs sign. Accelerate to 100 m Mark brake to second then 2nd though hairpin up to third for last 2 90 degree bends .

Am I getting the gearing correct?
    There doesn’t seem to be any more grip available , so if that above is ok I need some work in my lines. If anyone has a you tube of this it would really help. I am not looking to be the fastest, not sure I will get there but I am at a loss to explain 3 to 4 sec a lap! I will never get to the level required for online racing...☹️

365gt and olevet like this.
  10. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, Chaos_Chris. I'm using 32 psi front and back - the optimum pressure for the tyres/car. From what I've read elsewhere on the forum, the agreement seems to be concentrate on psi rather than tyre temperature.

As for other things, I am no expert so take everything else I say with a pinch of salt. Increasing negative camber helps cornering giving you a bit more grip. I'm using near maximum negative on the front. To determine how much camber to use, I drive a lap then click pause, pits and setup. Then I check the temperature spread for the outer, middle and inner sections of the tyre using the live setup data on the left-hand side of the screen. I read somewhere that you want the temp spread to be be between 5 - 7 degrees. If it is more than that decrease negative camber. If the spread is lower, increase negative camber. For the rear, I usually lower negative camber so that it's closer (or lower) than 5 degrees. My rationale is a lower negative camber means more longitudinal grip, so I think that this might let me put more power down on corner exit.

As for toe, I'm never really not sure what to do. For the front I tend to start with maximum toe out (negative value) and gradually reduce it until I think it's affecting turn in, then increase it a click or two. For the rear I usually keep the value close to 0 degrees when you look at the live setup data. I do this because the description says it gives you better acceleration.

Here's a screenshot of a setup I used when I did a 1:48.749. I find that the tyres reach optimum pressure at the start of lap 2.
    upload_2018-4-12_13-17-49.jpeg

When I started with Assetto Corsa back in October, I was amazed and frustrated by the learning curve. I remember trying to gold my first special event - the BMW at Magione. I expected that it would take me several hours, but I was confident it wouldn't take too long. In the end it took me many days, although I was using a controller at the time. Not being a driver in real life I had no experience to draw on, I realised that I needed help so I turned to the web. During my search I came across the driver61 website - https://driver61.com/uni/. Scott's driver's university videos really helped to improve my technique and understand things like weight transfer.

The other thing I would say is continue with these challenges. I'm sure I've improved as a result of the weekly challenges

365gt, BrainsBush, Lewisxbone and 4 others like this.
  11. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Here's a 1:48.856. I'm not the best, but hopefully it helps.

I stay in third for the first two corners. On this lap I went wide in the braking zone to try and open up the corner. I don't normally, not sure if it helps.

Turn 3, I stay in fourth. The racing line is wider with a single apex. I seem to be faster by treating it as a double apex.

Turn 4, I'm in third, shifting to fourth near to the end of the corner.

Turn 5, I have problems with. In the video, I stay wide with a late turn in. I think the racing line should be closer to the corner, but when I try that I seem to lose time. I'm unsure about the best gear to use. In the video I use second, but often I stay in third. It can be difficult to put the power down in second. Also shifting down to second sometimes makes the back end slide, however this sometimes helps because it the car rotates.

Turn 8, I'm in third, trying to get on full throttle as soon as possible for the short uphill straight.

Turn 9, I'm in fourth.

Turn 10, sometimes I'm in second, others I'm in third. Second can be a bit too twitchy.

Turn 11, I use third gear.

365gt, BrainsBush, Lewisxbone and 4 others like this.
  12. Chaos_Chris

Thanks for the tips and the link, will give those a go, I know I am quick in a kart, although never in the top 10 of the day so I don’t expect to be breaking records, I think my aim is to be in the ball park so I can race competitively online and not come last by miles. I am glad I found a weekly challenge and shall be regular on here moving forward. Here’s to those tumbling lap times!!

13. Chaos_Chris

Thanks for the video, I can see straight away where my line is not the fastest route. I work it out looking at the corners and reading the theoretical line, but clearly your lines are quicker. Also your not losing anywhere near the speed I am for the corners so this really helps . Just wait for son to finish with fortnight and will give these another bash with the settings from above. I do realise I will have to figure these out myself moving forward but the explaination of how to get to them was really informative.
    I am sure you must be thinking what a noobie but after driving games for 20 odd years waiting for a decent feedback wheel to come out now I have one it’s like day one at school!!
    Thanks again for assistance, really can’t thank you all enough.

365gt, Lewisxbone, olevet and 2 others like this.
  14. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

@Chaos_Chris you don't actually have to learn how to properly tune a car because people who already do know how, have kindly provided tunes that are available on the setup market app. http://thesetupmarket.com/#/

I generally only have to adjust the tire psi and fuel level to suit me. Its always worth trying out a couple different people's tune, to see what suits your driving style. You'll find that some people post a lot of tunes so you can get an idea of what the handling will be like so if you like street cars you might see a lot of tunes from Schnipp - who likes a tight car that goes fast, but is forgiving, whereas, Mattieu Labbe tunes a lot of street cars as well, but they are looser than Schnipp's so driving mistakes are magnified but when you get it right its faster than Schnipp's tune.

Also, generally once a car is tuned you can use it at most other tracks and it will still be quick, just adjust psi, fuel, and gearing to suit the new track.

365gt, olevet, iannixxenakis and 2 others like this.
  15. Chaos_Chris

Ok , slight improvement although consistency needs some work 1.52.760[​IMG]

365gt, BrainsBush, Lewisxbone and 3 others like this.
  16. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

20180412_190913.jpg
    1:49.594 PC, RSR Pro settings, no TC.

I think getting any faster than this for me would require quite a bit more practice, so I'm giving up now :)

365gt, BrainsBush, Lewisxbone and 2 others like this.
  17. Hugo Catarino

current standings

1- 1.48.041 Pretend racer- PC
    2- 1.48.733 the3ws- PS4
    3- 1.49.527 BrainsBush- PC
    4- 1.49.540 Justray2000- PC
    5- 1.49.594 iannixxemakis- PC
    6- 1.50.551 olevet- PS4
    7- 1.50.746 Zparz- PS4
    8- 1.50.749 Totall Wrytoff- PS4
    9- 1.50.884 ForcefulOdin36- PC
    10- 1.50.902 ddsmark- PC
    11- 1.52.760 Chaos_Cris- X1

365gt, BrainsBush, paul_wev and 4 others like this.
  18. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:49:253 - PC
    [​IMG]
    Theoretical is a high 1:48 few more days maybe I can get there

365gt, Fab85, BrainsBush and 3 others like this.
  19. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

20180412_234834.jpg
    Improvement - 1:49.295, PC, Pro settings, no TC.

Ok so I said I'd given up but managed to squeeze in a few laps before heading up the wooden hills to Bedfordshire.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    365gt, Fab85, BrainsBush and 4 others like this.
  20. Chaos_Chris

Improvement 1.52.111
    Starting to throw it in a bit more , I thought sliding was slower but in practice here a bit of drift helps to rotate the car around. It does understeer a fair bit. Any getting better....33 Laos and half a sec more counted laps though think around 60 percent of this round counted opposed to 5 percent first session