1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #8 - GT what?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Welcome to the thread for the weekly hotlap #8 - GT What?

The Challenge.
    Car: BMW M3 GT2
    Track: Spa

[​IMG]
    GT2! A proper race car ;) So what is different to GT3, well the biggest thing will be the lack of ABS, you can lock the brakes up on this thing :eek: Interestingly you can flat spot the tyres on a GT2 in Assetto Corsa which results in some interesting feed back if you have a wheel!

The car does also have a TCS systems, but its basic, two choices on or off :)

Tyres wise we get something new to try, super softs :D Lots of grip but not for long!

Spa, what to say, some super high speed corners that will have you searching for a nice aero balance and some slow ones which need mechanical grip, flat through Eau Rouge shouldn't be a problem in the GT2!

The BMW M3 GT2 has raced at Spa, its best qualifying time 2:21.257 in 2010 with Dirk Werner behind the wheel, always nice to have a little reality to chase ;)

The Rules.
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory

The Deadline.
    Sunday November 27th - 22:00 GMT

How to take part!
    To enter simply head into the game select Drive > Hotlap choose the BMW M3 GT2 and head to Spa. Make sure you setup the session using the settings detailed in this thread and hit the track!

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, its simple :)

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature.

All Platforms are welcome, please let us know what you are using when submitting a time, it is also helpful to include the time in the text of the post as sometimes the images are difficult to read.

Feel free to post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (including the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

A leader board will be collated on a daily basis to keep everyone upto date on where they currently stand...Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post will not be updated.

Feel free to use the unofficial leader board but remember you still need to include the session screen in this thread to be included in the results.

Good luck and have fun ;) :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

OOOOooook nice choice I would say .

Tomcul likes this.
  4. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Final Chicane Anxiety Syndrome will be in full effect around here.

5. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Already first attempt :)

PS4 : 2:20.004
    Spa BMW M3 GT2.jpg

Tomcul, Graveltrap, Jazz126 and 6 others like this.
  6. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

rps20161121_110209.jpg
    First crack at the combo. Great challenge. Time to try the TCS and some tuning. Nice time @svenvangent

7. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Gonna like this car. Its a little wild, but it let's you know when its about to break loose. I just gotta get it tuned right (come on HavanaBob)

2:34.593

IMG_20161120_191115.jpg

8. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Hopefully I'll have mire time for this week's challange.

svenvangent, paul_wev and Larryf1951 like this.
  9. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

If anyone is interested in watching my lame *** lap this puppy.. Here's a link ;)

I'll be on for about 30 minutes or so..

Tomcul, paul_wev, Tonydoc10 and 2 others like this.
  10. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

2.22.789 xbox g920 20161120_215231.jpg
    First session
    Super softs and 10 fuel the rest is Stock setup
    Nice time already @svenvangent

11. Snowman38

Somebody just watched me completely blow a decent lap, for me anyway, right at the last turn! Ahhhhh!!

paul_wev likes this.
  12. Snowman38

[​IMG]

2:33:346
    Ps4.. Controller!
    I'm playing on automatic.. That's the only edge I can get. Sorry.

13. Jazz126

Jazz126 Gamer

This is the best I can do so far. PS4 with G29 steering wheel. 20161121_080025.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

14. Jazz126

Jazz126 Gamer

It is 2:18.796

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

15. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

Sorry forgot details, that's PS4 G29. 2:25.270

16. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

Great choice (as always ;) ), this should be loads of fun.
    I love M3 GT2, but haven't really driven this one on Spa.
    Challenge accepted :)

BTW. WR on RSR LiveTiming for this combo is - 2:16:783 (PC, everything off and 1.7.5 AC ver. )

Good luck everyone!

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Many PC players have got alot of practice with this combo already since its at least one server with spa 458gt2/m3gt2 thats usually full.
    I have mosty been driving road cars on Nords recently but might give this a shot, its a nice combo. Good luck everyone!

Is tyre blankets allowed btw?

flyingcarrot likes this.
  18. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

No problem with tyre blankets, it isn't like I can stop people using them ;)

I believe that GT2 at Spa is also a online server for consoles BTW...

kofotsjanne likes this.
  19. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

PS4 / G29
    5L fuel
    Softs
    Standard setup and factory settings

2:29.559

20161121_113648.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

20. Looking forward to giving this one a go.

Couple questions for you guys (as always).

What do the tyre blanket actually do? I assume they keep the tyres warmish but you still need to give them a lap to get up to optimum temperature whereas with blankets off they are stone cold.

And for anyone using the t3pa pedals and conical brake mod how do you calibrate your brake pedal for cars without abs?Not sure whether to calibrate them without the mod in place and then install the mod after so I basically cannot get to 100% braking input or to just calibrate them with the mod already in place which would make it alot easier to lock up.

21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Tyre blankets gives you optimum temp in the tyres as soon as you press go.

@Graveltrap
    I noticed that there is 12 steps TC on PC, are you 100% sure that its only on/off on console?