1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #81 - Gojira is a very sweet beast!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, May 20, 2018.

1. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Great job. I did countless laps in the 1:27.4 range before I managed to close the gap to less than a tenth. Then you came up with a sub 27.

2. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

1.28.598 - PC
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1.27.144
    upload_2018-5-22_21-43-54.jpeg

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement ish

[​IMG]

Andy-R, Hugo Catarino, the3ws and 2 others like this.
  5. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1.27.018
    upload_2018-5-23_15-55-54.jpeg

Fab85, Graveltrap, Andy-R and 3 others like this.
  6. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Your too good at this now mate.
    The sharp left turn near the end is killing me every time.
    I’m Managing to get to the 2nd split delta at 53.6. - .8 but still can’t master the last part.

Justray2000 and Hugo Catarino like this.
  7. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

1.26.929 pc

D5C8CDCD-8357-4AEA-BCB6-6A8FD188F999.jpeg

Fun combo! I used Matthieu labbes tune from the setup market and just adjusted the tires and fuel.

8. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, Lewis.

Same here. Sector 3 is my weakest. I lose between two and four tenths. Very frustrating.

Hugo Catarino and Lewisxbone like this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

10. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

In a couple of posts ago,Andy-R claimed to be "one of us" when talking about differences between aliens and,well,the rest of us.Yet,here he is,leading the challenge by almost a full second :rolleyes:

Current Standings

1- 1.25.996 Andy-R- PC
    2- 1.26.803 Graveltrap- PS4
    3- 1.26.929 Pretend racer- PC
    4- 1.27.018 the3ws- PS4
    5- 1.27.414 Lewisxbone- X1
    6- 1.28.317 BrainsBush- PC
    7- 1.28.598 Justray2000- PC
    8- 1.28.844 Totall Wrytoff- PS4
    9- 1.29.933 Chaos_Cris- X1

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Thanks, I don't want to come across as disingenuous. I had a specific MP session in mind. We were running street tyres but baronesbc (who is pretty alien IMO) beat me by even more than usual and from what I could see while he was driving off into the sunset it was mostly under braking where he made up the time. IIRC he mentioned something about threshold braking so I thought I would mention it here.
    http://91.121.155.150:55001/lapstat...ustang_boss_302&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

12. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

This is infuriating. I can't find any more time no matter what I do. I'm trying to threshold brake, but I'm not used to doing it. My usual technique is to stamp on the brake and hope for the best.

I've even turned auto-blip off to see if that improves my times. I'm getting better at blipping on the downshifts, if a little heavy-footed. What I hadn't realised was that with auto-blip off you have to lift off the accelerator on upshifts. I'm really struggling with the timing. I don't drive in real life so I have no experience of it. I've always avoided it in AC because getting of the accelerator seemed counter-intuitive. I'm finding that when I shift up I get an annoying crunching noise. I think I'm getting back on the gas pedal too early. Any tips?

Hugo Catarino and Lewisxbone like this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Are you using a clutch and stick? If so you should be able to flat shift by just pressing the clutch while full throttle. If you are using paddles and no clutch then autoclutch is on so you should still be able to go full throttle. Are you on PC or console?

the3ws likes this.
  14. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I honestly feel your frustration mate. That’s how I feel every week.
    Soon as I get to my limit it’s impossible for me to improve or know how to improve.

I’ve just done about 6 laps and not 1 of em was under 1:28.5. That’s how bad my driving is.
    That’s Over a full sec slower than I was doing yesterday,
    I’m sure I’m not doing anything different today yet I’m way slower.
    I’ve tried braking later, sooner. Easing off the pedal slower while turning into the apex but nothing seems to help.
    Oh well that’s my moan over with

Hugo Catarino, the3ws and paul_wev like this.
  15. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I'm using paddles, no clutch and autoclutch on PS4. If I have auto-blip turned off can I still go full throttle? On the upshifts I can hear a crunching type of sound. I assumed it was the sound made when on throttle before the gear had shifted.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

That is just the sound of this car banging on the rev limiter. I get the same sound when flat shifting :)

the3ws likes this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You should upload (or PM) a video. Maybe input from others can help :)

Lewisxbone likes this.
  18. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

D'oh!

Andy-R likes this.
  19. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Here's the lap of my 1:27.018. I forgot I had the racing line on for that particular session. Not the cleanest lap - a bit messy entering the turn after the long straight and I was late shifting to 4th on the second straight.

Unfortunately I won't have much time to respond until Sunday evening, but comments and suggestions welcome.

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Your lap looked pretty good already so I found it easiest to make a comparison.

My thoughts from watching the comparison, you could:

1. Carry a bit more speed through the double rights
    2. Try 3rd gear on the exit of the corner after the back straight
    3. Take a tighter line and get the car straight sooner so you can get on the power earlier out of the 1st gear sharp left corner
    4. You could try using 2nd and a bit more of the inside and not running as wide out of the last corner

I tried stacking the videos on top of each other but it blocks your speed when pausing and checking so sorry about that. I also tried to match your camera position from a glance at your video and got the FOV pretty wrong... I remembered to change to KMH this time though so that's something! :D

Last edited: May 24, 2018