1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #88 - German efficiency runs like a swiss clock

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Thanks, it is one of those cars with mega power and traction limited. I wouldn't be surprised if someone alien did a 1:19 with a proper setup. If you can't get the power down out of slow corners I'm sure it is easy to lose many seconds as well. Big gains and big losses in this car!

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

this seems to be the key - its like usain bolt in high heels :p

will try the longer first gears today

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah pop some running shoes on and see if it helps.

Too much drag will slow you down (proud of this joke :D)

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks for sharing the gears tip Andy!!!
    Tried the higher gears and it definitely helped. Managed to get a 53.2 on the 2nd split which is half a second quicker than I was getting.
    Just need to stop missing the last 3-4 apex’s now though

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Another tip for those with a clutch, you don't need to use the clutch on upshifts in this car, just release the throttle a bit and slam it in the next gear.

6. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement ish

1.23.651 - X1X

[​IMG]

7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.23.349 - X1X

[​IMG]

8. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

1.26.648 PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

what a frustrating evening yesterday.... :confused:

can't improve, lost feeling for the car with longer gears, most laps 1:26:xxx - one second slower o_O

think this whc is done for me but will try to be faster! ;)

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

What seems to be the problem? Struggling to turn in/understeer I suspect. Longer gears will feel a bit more sluggish to turn in, just a guess but I wonder if you are braking too late or trying to carry too much speed into the corners? Running wide on entry or trying to carry too much speed and being wide through a corner will cost HUGE chunks of time.

11. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

You've shown more determination than I did - I gave up on this one a couple of days ago. I managed a 1:25.2-something, but really wasn't enjoying it (I know I'm in the minority). I couldn't get the hang of the combo, too much power for me to control.

StyleF1re and Pretend racer like this.
  12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thats the problem, only little time, daddy wants to be faster - too much pressure - slower times. o_O

its the ultra wide monitor - i can see the apex, "feel" the corners, i can correct mistakes - before its survive or crash - now much more fun than last year - so i am addicted to the game/simulation again....;)

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Ah ok, can't solve too much pressure... Maybe a stiff drink before hand? :D I just thought I would ask as I had a hunch.

Maybe time for something more civilized next WHC @Hugo Catarino? IMO you should make it a WHC with a difference and do dual car for the first time. MX5 Cup and 500 Assetto Corse at Silverstone International. The Cup Car Challenge! I have data that suggests they should be similar enough there out of the box that there will be no advantage at this level in either car. The fastest server lap in the Abarth is a 1:15.3 at 97% grip, I have the fastest lap in that car at Silverstone International on RSR which is a little off the MX5 Cup RSR time (500-1:14.9 MX5-1:14.6) but I didn't do that many laps and based on the server time the car should be able to go faster at 100% grip.

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

failing with relatively constant 1:25xxx - but one time 0,5s faster in the middle sector. :)
    too nervous and loosing all the effort in the last corners. :mad:
    but(!) - never had so much fun struggling. think this car needs its time - than its really fun. :):)

StyleF1re, Pretend racer and Neilski like this.
  15. Bultaco85

Bultaco85 Rookie

Amazing!

16. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I drove the Abarth for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Great fun.

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah it is a great little car, some people have a hatred of FWD so another reason to mix it with its brother from another m..anufacturer :D

Pretend racer and paul_wev like this.
  18. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Red Bull Ring? Might as well be Birmingham Bull Ring as far as I'm concerned. I like this car but I have a downer on this track and haven't the motivation for it. That's a problem with me, not the game or the challenge. I hate it on MotoGP as well. It used to be so special.

Anyway, that's enough excuses:
    Ps4
    20180720_182646.jpg

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

this whc is done for me - hit the wall. no improvement - lewis did a fantastic job too! :)
    and andys time - again - wow!
    but two days to go - come on. :)

20. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Stuck at 24.9. :(