1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #90 - Getting speed tickets

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So far I’m 3 seconds off pace...
    But boy, this little fella is a heck lot of fun in VR!
    Maybe I can get used to the goggles quickly to post a somewhat competitive time...

Hugo Catarino, sissydriver and the3ws like this.
  2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

1.09.555 - X1X

[​IMG]

Late to the party this week.
    Not my kinda thing but had to give it a go.
    Feel all left out if you don’t participate in the WHL

How the hell are you all in the 1:08’s?
    New engines???

Is it better to brake for some corners or just lift off?
    I’m obviously doing something wrong but just can’t see where I could gain a full second or more.
    Very impressive guys!!

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

The important/tyre model/brake temp update was 1.12 released in February 2017, so if your times are done after that update they should be comparable to what we have now. Unless there was some hotfix for the 595 later on that I missed/forgot about.

I tap the brakes for the T1, then brake for the double turn (or we should count it as one long turn?), little lift off for the next right hander, and brake for the penultimate corner, the rest is flat out.

First two turns are crucial and most tricky to get right IMO.
    T1 is on cobblestone, the car is very tailhappy, you have to use the right amount of throttle and countersteering in order to don't spin out or hit the barriers on exit.
    T2, tricky line to avoid kerbs on the inside and go wide to maintain as much speed as possible, the second part is flat out. You can't slow down too much, car has low revs in 3rd gear (you'd lose more time by downshifting) and next part is a little bit uphill.

That's how I see it.

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks V8 very helpful info

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

hi lewis,

you are everytime faster. come on! :)

the gain is over my personal development, these three corners are first totally wrong attempted by me and suddenly i can see this really big improvement. :)

now its okay. i am happy with this time :cool:

first corner i lifted early and sometimes tap, tried without tap, dunno what is faster but for me it was much too fast (from my feelings) but could survive, with some counter steering - gained ~0,5s in this corner.

next i braked much earlier so i am very close to the kerbs inside (think V8_KBs line is better, but that was my fastest way to master this for me) - gained 0,3 - 0,5 or so again.

next is the right one, flat out for V8 o_O - i had to lift very late and then master the corner without sliding and very early pedal to the metal. again over 0,3 and a lot on the following straight.

cant wait for your low 1:08,xxx! have fun!!! ;)

6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Just to be clear, I'm talking about the second part of T2 or T3, depends how you count it. Not the turn after that little uphill left/right section.

Edit:
    Also, you should be as close to the inside kerbs as possible, so our lines are the same there. Just close enough to not hit them, that would upset the car and it makes you lose time. But let it out wide before turning again on the exit from the second part of T2 or T3 (again, depends on how you count it).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

aah. thanks for the claryfying and sorry that i misunderstood it! :(

Lewisxbone, the3ws and V8_KB like this.
  8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.09.389 - X1X

[​IMG]

I’ve Just put the pedal info on the screen while doing a lap and noticed its showing that I’m slightly braking when I’m not.
    Very strange.
    Maybe needs the pots cleaning inside.

[​IMG]

9. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1.08.139
    upload_2018-8-2_15-18-24.jpeg

I hadn't come close to matching my previous best. Then out of the blue I finally nailed a lap. Theoretically, there is a little more. I was one tenth down on my PB at sector 1, and I could have carried a bit more speed through turn four (if you count the double right as one turn), but I think I'm done.

I might try the Nordschleife now. I think if I start now I should complete the lap just before the next challenge starts!

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@the3ws - wow! - congratulations. :)

so close to 1:07,xxx ;)

Hugo Catarino and the3ws like this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And Andy and V8 are lurking around the corner...

the3ws and sissydriver like this.
  12. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Improvement
    1.07.761 - V8_KB - PC

[​IMG]

Turned out that T3 is actually flat out.

Here's the replay:

As you can see T2 and penultimate corner are far from ideal, so there's still time left on the track.

13. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, sissydriver.

sissydriver likes this.
  14. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Damn! V8 went faster before I could reply.

15. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Awesome time! Thanks for sharing the video. I'll take a look.

V8_KB likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Can you pls share setups, bcs T3 isn’t flat here at all...
    Nice time m8

sissydriver likes this.
  17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Thanks. Sure, here's the setup for consoleros:
    pressures:
    39 40
    38 39
    max camber
    toe at 7

If you are on PC you can just download the setup file.

Attached Files:

18. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

a little grid for a little car and a little track :p

V8 is well into the lead and the3ws seems very commited to the challenge as well as sissydriver - good improvements gentleman! And of course the WHL would not be the same without you Lewis - if there's anyone capable of reaching is own high goals it's you mate!Don and F1 have also putted very nice laps asweel!

Current Standings

1- 1.07.761 V8_KB- PC
    2- 1.08.139 the3ws- PS4
    3- 1.08.836 F1415182235- X1
    4- 1.08.914 sissydriver- PC
    5- 1.09.389 Lewisxbone- X1
    6- 1.10.773 DonZmeuheu- PS4

19. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I'm struggling to take T3 flat out. I've managed to get round twice, and on both occasions I lost too much speed. I need to watch V8's video more closely.

20. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Improved - 1:08.615
    [​IMG]