1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #97 - Horse ride around the Highlands

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Sep 23, 2018.

1. AB770577

AB770577 Hardcore Simmer

Lewisxbone likes this.
  2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yes indeed, but the problem is that soooo much time can be gained - e.g. in the dodgy lap in which I managed an 11.9x, I reckon I gained something like 0.4 from the bounce. Pretty crazy amount of time.
    Meanwhile though, I just managed to beat my dodgy PB (a couple of times in fact), so my delta is now fixed, yay! :D
    Still another 3 or 4 tenths to be had, if only I could nail all the corners on the same lap, but I don't reckon that's terribly likely.

Neilski - improvement - 2.11.811
    (Am now knackered and may not be able to do any more laps on this combo at all! :p)
    upload_2018-9-30_0-44-41.png

3. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

@sissydriver, needless to say sheet metal and machinary are easily replaced and repaired; flesh and blood, not so much. Just glad to hear you and the family are safe and sound.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Nooooooo!!! clipping walls and barriers isn’t gonna help anyone in the long run.
    When I was re-learning this track in the week i caught a barrier before the airpin and the last wall next to the finish line coz I didn’t slow down enough and gained so much time I ended up with a 2.11.2..

As far as I’m concerned any barriers or walls slightly touched is cheating because if they wasn’t there the car would go out of bounds and cause an invalid lap.
    Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks mate much appreciated.

Ideally I wanted some fanatec pedals but apparently the cpx board (not sure correct name) is no longer available to buy.

Is that what I’d need to use different pedals with the thrustmastar wheel? On console.

BrainsBush and 365gt like this.
  6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@all - thanks a lot for the warm and friendly words. :)
    the crash was kind of bizzare, kids didnt realize it, wife was not shocked or afraid. :cool:
    so only the volvo has really problems :(
    and after it there was another collision that slowed down the whole traffic to 10km/h - the other direction slowed also down to 10 km/h - gawpers. so it was not dangerous. only stressfull cause police needs 30mins and the wrecker more than 90mins.

7. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

So glad you guys are ok.

8. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I haven't tried the T3PA but the springs in the Pro version are very light.No resistance in the accel and clutch. I would say they are the same as the non pro version.

Thanks to @BrainsBush for the ricmotech link I might grab these at some stage.

the3ws and Lewisxbone like this.
  9. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Nice one, Neilski.

Neilski and Lewisxbone like this.
  10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Yeah Me too.
    I don’t use my clutch so I’m gonna swap the spring and put it in the throttle and see if that’s any better.
    It does feel a lot more firmer to press compared to the original throttle spring in the non pro ones.

Are the 2 brake mods any good in the pro’s?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    365gt likes this.
  11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

upload_2018-9-30_12-31-1.png

Just had a quick go at this, default setup but with corrected PSI.
    No idea about this track only raced on it a couple of times probably over a year ago, so loads of little errors with line and putting the power down too early on every other corner and having to come back off the gas.
    Think I could probably get into 2:11.xxx with a bit of track knowledge and setup adjustments. Alien time probably sub 2:10.000 :)

12. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I use the conical mod which is better than what it comes shipped with.Worth looking at is Sim Racing Solutions, they sell load cell brake mod and they're UK based too.;)

Lewisxbone likes this.
  13. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks mate I’ll have a look at that.
    It says the pros come with a spring mod and a conical mod, just wondered which was better.
    I’m surprised that thrustmaster don’t use better springs in the pro’s with them being the “supposedly” better set.

365gt likes this.
  14. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

No worries.I've not tried the spring mod as most reviewers preferred the rubber conical mod as its harder.I totally agree with you about Thrustmaster.I think they've really missed a trick not having various mods to suit everyone.
    A cool item on Sim Solutions are magnetic center badges:)
    Edit.The badges are very cool but you have to dismantle your wheel to remove the original badge.Easy enough but warranty etc etc

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    Lewisxbone likes this.
  15. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

IMG_0821.JPG PS4 T300 etc etc 2.16.002 And boom,my legendary lap strikes again???:p Joking aside I did a lot better than what I thought I would:D:D.
    Thanks to Hugo and Tibor.Well done everyone.

16. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 2.11.565
    upload_2018-9-30_19-27-53.jpeg

I had to have a small lift on the exit of one of the corners near the end, but other than that it was as good a lap as I'm going to do.

17. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

2.11.712 - X1X

[​IMG]

Disclaimer!!!
    No walls or barriers were harmed during this lap

18. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Well done mate very nice indeed

19. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Well that sucks!I'm very glad you are ok and everything worked out fine in the end :)

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  20. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, mate. You too. I think you should probably take a rest now ;)