1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #113 –Declare your addiction

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-1-31_22-27-48.png
    Hey Lewis, your tune is great! Look, 1st lap results!
    Even with a dodgy throttle pedal, which I hope I can sort tomorrow, if I can muster up the courage to go to a DIY shop.

2. Hey DonZmeuhue, I could close this week 's Challenge early....:D

365gt, Lewisxbone and DonZmeuheu like this.
  3. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Haha:) that would be awesome. In WHL I was never on the podium;) that would be my best result so far.

By the way the Beast is Running. Have done my first few rounds in ACC in the Emil Frey Jaguar on Misano. Just woww:) :)
    20190131_222454.jpg

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Very nice improvement mate

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

Totall Wrytoff, DonZmeuheu and 365gt like this.
  5. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 2.04.675 Pretend racer PC
    2- 2.04.730 Lewisxbone XB1
    3- 2.06.198 DonZmeuheu PS4
    4- 2.07.745 Moodyryder PS4
    5- 2.07.832 Total Wrytoff PS4
    6- 2.08.475 Sissydriver PC
    7- 2.10.262 Laughing Gravy PS4

DonZmeuheu, 365gt and Lewisxbone like this.
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Very nice mate:D

Lewisxbone and DonZmeuheu like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@365gt - if you can avoid it - dont build your pc by yourself. o_O
    why?
    warranty!:(
    this problem is underestimated. :rolleyes:
    if you buy a complete pc you have a chance that your problems will be solved.:cool:
    if you buy components and stick them together...i wish you a lot of luck if something doesnt work or goes wrong.:confused::mad:
    ;)

365gt and DonZmeuheu like this.
  8. Tibor Sólyom

Except you're price sensitive :D
    If you have a good dealer or PC guy you can thrust, I think it's no problem at all. I always did this way.

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Tibor Sólyom - fingers crossed that it will continue.:)

i started with a schneider cpc in 1984 :cool:
    in the 90s we began to build pcs for ourselves, friends, family and so on.
    it was the best way for us for decades. but in the last year things have changed.
    you can buy well configured pcs for, in my opinion, better price than if you buy single components.
    but - just my little experience and my 2 cent. ;)

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

again a little of topic :rolleyes:
    - now i use the Sol and wet weather mod.:)
    its not the fully simulated wet track as in acc.:(
    but with raindrops and wipers and full 24h circle and the much improved textures and shaders its so amazing.:cool:
    ac will live very long. wow! :):):)

11. Tibor Sólyom

Yeah, it can vary hugely from country to country. I can speak only about my experience of course.
    The biggest pro for me in the DIY way:
    - I can buy exactly those parts what I want
    - I can continously upgrade my machine
    - if some part is broken, I go to the dealer, buy a new one (or change it if the warranty is still valid) go home and put it in, it's done. Usually you know what is broken. If I have a complete PC, I think it's more difficult. I have to leave it there, wait for the diagnostics, etc. Again, I speak about my experience, things goes definitely otherwise in Switzerland and Germany then in Hungary :D

365gt, sissydriver and DonZmeuheu like this.
  12. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@sissydriver
    @Tibor Sólyom
    Thanks for the advice and warnings guys.I didn't think about the potential warranty issues etc. As this will be my first gaming PC,well first sim racing PC;) I think I'll be going down the ready built route.I guess when components need upgrading i'll do it myself and learn that way etc.Thanks again;)

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Tibor Sólyom - huh, you are racing against my in the ai! :eek:
    totally forgot to ask you.:cool:
    emm.... why??? <.... very very curious ;)

DonZmeuheu and 365gt like this.
  14. Tibor Sólyom

Haha, it's very simple :)
    Sometimes modders asking for real names on racedepartment.com when they are creating skins for their mod cars.
    I had luck and found 2 request on time, the Lambo GT1 and the Transit if I remember well. No, maybe an open seater too :confused:
    I hope I was fast :D

DonZmeuheu and 365gt like this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

now you are an immortal part of sim racing history. crazy! :cool:
    (dunno if any modder will name anything sissyxxxx :D)
    you - the original - are much faster at whc/whl.
    when i have the time this weekend i take an ai race with you on a track where you have participated in whl.
    than you can compare the original and the tibor - frankenstein - artifical - clone - whatever :p

Tibor Sólyom, DonZmeuheu and 365gt like this.
  16. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

AC will live long on Pc, but I fear the console days are numbered now. I had this discussion 18 months ago with a ps4 player. He was adamant that AC would retain popularity as it was so different to the other console offerings. I disagreed.

There will always be a small hardcore of players but it's getting fewer and fewer now. It's the essence of console play.

AC on pc constantly evolves with the mods. On ps4 & xb1 it reached its zenith and will never change. We can't mod the game so what do we do? Other titles become tempting, or you upgrade to PC. Either way the console scene is dying.

The numbers in the whl have dwindled now. Consoleros are on other games and the pc boys want to use the other circuits that are available to them. I guess there must be weekly hotlap competitions doing all of that in the main part of the forum.

There's still a few of us left though, and as long as the whl is console compatible I'll keep supporting it.

Roll on whl 200. :) That really would be an achievement.

(Already up to 113. 100 only seems like yesterday)

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Nope not much AC racing discussion or interest when trying to organise races over in main chat either. At least in my experience. I used to advertise a pub racing server over there anyway and tried to organise a few special events without much interest.

sissydriver and 365gt like this.
  18. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I always find this car tricky, and totally don't know this layout, and my time which I forgot to take a screenshot of anyway was somewhere in the 08's so never mind!

But she certainly does look good :)

upload_2019-2-2_13-29-48.png
    upload_2019-2-2_13-30-9.png
    upload_2019-2-2_13-30-51.png

20. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

I am just not experienced enough with this game and finding the absolute limit. Not to mention before this challenge I've never lapped this specific course, let alone hot lap with a car I've never driven. Notice the amount of laps it took me just to get a mediocre lap time lol. I'll keep trying today. New job and new medication have me wiped out after work during the week. I wish I could practice more with Assetto. Sadly I have only had this game for about 2 months now and can only find energy/time on the weekends...ok im out of excuses haha Here is the bottom list time...

Xb1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019