1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #115 – Blowout in Northamptonshire

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Can anyone confirm if this car does have KERS?
    I thought it only had DRS

365gt and sissydriver like this.
  2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

This is how it’s done properly.
    Faster car obviously but the lines and the parts where full throttle is used are the same.

3. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Yes it definitely has KERS (at least on PC it does).

Your lap time looks even better now!

365gt, sissydriver and Lewisxbone like this.
  4. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

No Kers on ps4 which is really annoying.Looks like it's a console thing:(

Lewisxbone likes this.
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1.34.348 improvement

1 34 348 115.jpg

no kers on console??? :eek:
    than this WHC is messed up a little. :(
    have overseen kers but used it in a little chaotic way. :rolleyes:
    but i am some tenths faster :cool:
    what i cant understand - i must use lowest pressure on super soft (6) - lewis has bout 10. o_O
    are there more differences?
    my tyres are overheating after one lap :confused:

setup at the moment
    gears vmax 7th 309km/h
    tyres supersoft 6 psi all
    17liters
    aero front 16 rear 15
    brake 54
    front arb 2

many mistakes, so improvement possible, but as aris mentioned bout the modern f1 cars - when you feel that something is going wrong you have nearly no time to react. you must react before it happens....o_O

6. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Yeah very annoying. It’s got to be 1/2 second or slightly more of an handicap that

7. mike reynolds

I'm not sure it's that much TBH, done a bit of testing this morning and the benefits are minimal (at least in my tests, but maybe I'm not deploying it at the optimum times), my fastest lap so far is 1:33:9 and that was KERS free (will post a pic up later if I don't better it)

The biggest gain I can find is running low downforce and running wide off the track at Copse, seems like no track limits applied here on PC (or at least very generous ones). I did a 33:6 like this but discounted that as it's no way a valid lap in real life

I'm having a similar tyre issue to Sissydriver….SS are cooked by sector 3 which is really compromising Stowe and the last couple of corners....

8. There is KERS on console!
    When you activate it you will see the yellow bar (under the revs and speedo HUD) start to fill up. Once the yellow bar is full, your KERS allowance for the lap is finished. (R2 button on G29.)
    But you don't need KERS Lewis!!:cool:

9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks mate I’ll have a look later.
    Oh I do need it, it’ll soon be the weekend and that means Tibor will be on track ha

10. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I'll have a look later too:)

Lewisxbone and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  11. If you run wide at Copse on the console version, your power is sapped and you loose speed and lots of time.
    If your tyres are cooked before the end of the lap, up the psi by one all round and see if that helps. I'm at 22psi, 21psi across the front and 20psi,19psi across the rears and unless I lock a wheel or slide they make it round ok. You will see the front left shoot from green to red through Copse on the HUD, but it seems to cool quite quickly.

sissydriver, Lewisxbone and 365gt like this.
  12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Yeah it’s a strange one at copse with the track limits and even on console it’s too forgiving.
    but you do lose a lot of speed and time running wide

365gt and sissydriver like this.
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

good news. could never imagine that @Totall Wrytoff oversees such a vital thing. lewis with handicap....:p:p

paul_wev, 365gt and Lewisxbone like this.
  14. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Xbox one

Ok starting to get somewhere. Thanks again Lewisxbone. Using a different ratio but I realised you can bring down that pressure. Helps a lot for me

Attached Files:

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

copse i must lift atm, think its driver issue - there i loose ~ 0.3s
    kers gives me wellington and hangar each >0.3s (compared to my previous speed there, hard to say if i was late on pedal to the metal or what is really going on)
    deep braking at stowe and brooklands is a lottery at the moment, my best laps are each ~0.2-0.4 faster in this sectors.
    so if everything is perfect my best lap can be a low 1.33 or high 1.32 - thats enough for me.

dont wont to pay for the setup, but the video is good

16. mike reynolds

1:33:242 PC

Was a bit caution into Copse and through Maggots and Becketts(?) I think so reckon I can get a 1:32, but will to try later now.

F138 SS.PNG

17. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.31.276 Lewisxbone XB1
    2- 1.33.242 mike reynolds PC
    3- 1.34.348 Sissydriver PC
    4- 1.34.642 Total Wrytoff PS4
    5- 1.34.707 DonZmeuheu PC
    6- 1.35.067 Emmanuel Tubbiolo XB1
    7- 1.39.959 Laughing Gravy PS4
    8- 1.41.074 flyingnugget XB1
    9- 1.48.006 le Bluem PC

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  18. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Little correction... My platform is now PC;)

StyleF1re, 365gt, Lewisxbone and 2 others like this.
  19. le Bluem

le Bluem Racer

improvement
    1.45.930 leBluem PC

I should be able to do 1.42, or 41..., still not clean, a lot of invalid laps, but only a few spins
    cm_silverstone.jpg
    even with automatic, but occasional manual down/upshifts ;) duckncover

20. mike reynolds

getting better....

1:32:529 PC

F138 SS.PNG

Video below, ran very wide out of M&B which lost me time on the straight, and nearly binned it out of the final turn.....