1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #118 – Mechanical symphony without mechanical sympathy

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Mar 3, 2019.

1. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

@Andy-R with another one of his "DAMN I'm good!" laps. Goodness gracious!

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Who says the spa is only for women? Very therapeutic. I'm not sure why we need to put salad on our faces, it makes a mess of the HMD! Oh well, when in Rome.

3. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Woww;) thats not normal. Crazy good time

4. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

That's a cracking lap Andy,well one;)

5. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-3-9_19-57-37.png
    Well,:rolleyes: it's an improvement for me!

6. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

Improvement

2.49.732 20190309_151855.jpg

7. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2.51.307[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8. Is there some special trick combination of tyre pressure, camber and toe that I'm missing? :D Something that gains a second or two???

9. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 2.46.669 Andy-R PC
    2- 2.47.894 LeiF PC
    3- 2.48.139 Pretend racer PC
    4- 2.48.932 F1415182235 XB1
    5- 2.49.138 Lewisxbone XB1
    6- 2.49.732 DriverModFTW XB1
    7- 2.50.296 Moodyryder PS4
    8- 2.50.823 Johnk88 XB1
    9- 2.51.043 Total Wrytoff PS4
    10- 2.51.307 Laughing Gravy PS4
    11- 2.51.341 DonZmeuheu PC
    12- 2.52.078 ddsmak PC
    13- 2.52.508 Sissydriver PC
    14- 2.52.633 365gt PS4
    15- 2.52.785 StyleF1re PS4
    16- 2.52.792 Gijon XB1
    17- 2.54.590 mike reynolds PC
    18- 2.54.908 Emmanuel Tubbiolo XB1
    19- 2.55.530 dancamma PS4

Andy-R, StyleF1re, 365gt and 5 others like this.
  10. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

My tune didnt save unfortuately. I remember adding camber up front to about -1.4, toe in up front, I think it came to about -0.1, brought rear toe out a little to 0.2 and I think I added 1 or 2 psi in the rear. Other than that I was just trying to find the line that works for this car and trying to trail brake/throttle as smooth as possible. Really wish I took a picture of it, sorry.

11. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Yes, there is. It might ruin your immersion though so it's up to you whether you try it.

Try the bumper camera. The one where you can't see any part of the car at all.

Just do one lap. You'll know whether you like it once you're at Les Combes .

12. moodyryder

I would never make a comment on your skill level. That would be rude and I've never seen you ride. I have no doubt you're better than I am, because I know I'm not too good.

Let me tell you a story. I was out a few weeks ago. I come up to a junction, almost stop but no traffic is coming. I'm turning right, I look where I'm going and let the clutch out.

For whatever reason I haven't given it enough revs. I stall the engine. I've already got it well cranked over though and am not fast or strong enough to hold up the 280kg on my right leg.

I go down like a sack of potatoes. It's the slowest crash in history so there's no damage but I'm now like a beached turtle in the middle of a potentially live lane of traffic.

Beyond embarrassed I leap up and pick up the bike. In my panic though I have forgotten to put the side stand down first.

I'm now stood on the right side of the bike ( the stand is on the left) trying to swing my left leg over an 880mm high seat in full gear whilst holding the bars.

My 46 year old body doesn't want to play. I'm now compounding my shame by cocking up my leg but being unable to get it over.

I'm still stood in a potentially live lane. I do not want to be here. I pull the clutch and push her over to the grass verge.

I hold the bike with my right hand, lean over the seat and manage to reach the side stand with my left hand and flick it down. She can now stand up on her own.

Ruefully I survey the damage. There's some paint missing on the end of right bar and a tiny mark on the rear set footpeg . Even the exhaust is completely untouched. 2 minutes with a black touch up will sort it. I'm lucky.

Where I'm really lucky though is that there's a blind crest about 150 yards away from that junction. This is out in the Yorkshire Dales , a rural area where bikers and drivers like to play. But for the Grace of God someone could have come over that brow at 90mph and then it's Goodnight Vienna.

I was fortunate. My punishment fit my crime.

In so many motorcycle accidents the penalty far exceeds the offence.

So no, I would never judge you. I only advise you to maximise your experience, to do the additional rider training if at all possible. It just might save your life.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  13. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

Improvement!
    PC
    20190309224124_1.jpg

14. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

@moodyryder
    My bad. I was only being sarcastic with my mention. I do appreciate the sentiment and the story though! 280kg ain't no joke for sure! Main thing is you walked away with just some scratches to the bike and that things didn't turn out for the worst. I forgot to mention about stalling myself that past night turning out my street (before I went bananas traveling those 76 miles or so). Wasn't on my best game that night outside of speeding, I suppose. Hopefully I can get the charging system fixed soon and not have to resort to carrying one of those portable battery packs with the jumper clamps around. As of now, if I stall on the other side of the island and the battery's drained it's "good game" to me! But yeah, I'll be watching videos and searching up parking lots or safe areas to practice dropping the knee down, swerving (or slaloms), and quick braking to name a few. Maybe later on or with a different bike I can think about getting the front wheel up (for feel and reference).

As for this challenge, I'm feeling the burn of procrastination. An issue arose with one of the breaker switches for our house, so no power for the time being. Looking forward to the next challenge nonetheless!

15. moodyryder

:)
    Here's how it should be done by the way:

16. dancamma

dancamma Racer

Improvement
    2.53.646 - PS4 IMG_20190310_101516.jpg

17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

:D

you beast Andy! I’m off to buy some salad..

Totall Wrytoff, 365gt and Andy-R like this.
  18. LeiF

LeiF Alien

OK so the salad has helped slightly, I put some lettuce around the steering wheel and a bit of cucumber on top of my monitor, seems to be quite relaxing.
    Not sure I can find much more than another 0.4-0.5 without some sort of miracle though :)

Improvement

2.47.791 - Leif PC

upload_2019-3-10_11-52-33.png

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You should be able to find a few tenths if you put the cucumber slices on your eyes and wrap a towel around your head. I'm still not sure if I should put my tin foil hat on before or after the towel though, I'm not much of a setup guy so I'll leave it to the experts to answer that one.

20. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Sounds like salad is the way to go to improve:plol.
    had a quick go earlier but no improvement from me,i'm done this week;)