1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #136 – As quick as Quick Nick

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 7, 2019.

1. WOW!!:)
    And what a fantastic vid!! "The Instructor" at work!
    I laughed watching it, in quite a few places you're flat out and have been for ages, where I'm several gears behind! I think you missed one apex, early on, but as you say, tyres weren't up to temp.;)
    Quality. Brilliant.
    Thanks for the set-up too @Pretend racer

2. pangyorhee

pangyorhee Racer

6.34.522 PS4

I don’t get yapped anymore :), but gets stared at :D
    [​IMG]
    Holding my left foot at ‘usual’ braking points is so so hard

PS end gear ratio set at 350’s kph, but aero limits it at 320’s kph
    PS2 no H shifter, so as you said
    PS3 f1 add-on wheel i want too, but lack of gear change indicator and no screen is holding me off, hoping TM to releases a upgrade version

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  3. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Ps4

20190709_211135.jpg

No more yapping.

4. ignission

ignission Simracer

I love reading these weekly hotlap challenge posts despite only playing ACC. They are so well written/organised and the participation is fantastic.

I’ve always wondered though, is performance comparable across all platforms?

Apologies if this is an inappropriate comment, please ignore if that is the case. I’m just genuinely curious.

5. Welcome @ignission!
    Very little is inappropriate here, participation is what it is all about.
    Console versions still have a few bugs in settings for some cars, PC versions have wider ranges for settings on some cars, but otherwise, I don't think there is much in it. As we see on the forum, cream rises to the top!
    Get yourself a copy of AC and join in the fun!:)

6. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Xbox

Oh boy! What a difficult track. I was finally able to make it below 7 min.

Apparently, I’m not the only one suffering from angry wife. :D

Attached Files:

7. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-7-9_22-53-44.png
    Took a brave pill and was on a huge one, but tightened up with the fear towards the finish. So we'll go again!
    Improvement inspired and guided by @Pretend racer's vid and set-up.:D

8. ignission

ignission Simracer

I actually bought AC a few weeks before ACC launched in EA, so I have a copy just haven’t played it that much.

Thanks for the warm welcome and reply, much appreciated.

I’ve been a long time lurker on these threads but you’ve convinced me to give the next challenge a go. I’ll dust of my copy of AC and see you guys on track ;)

9. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 6:36:178 PC

An evening of combined stress and exhilaration all for a grand total of 3.3 seconds quicker. :D

Still I'm actually MSC whilst driving this!

OculusScreenshot1562709171.jpeg

10. :D Finish the lurking! Give this week's challenge a go, it's only a gentle one! Chequered flag for WHC#136 goes down at 2100GMT on Sunday evening.

11. ignission

ignission Simracer

Okay I’ll give it a go. It’ll be strange going back to AC after all this time but I don’t mind propping the leaderboard up :D

12. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Real ChaosChris xb1 posting 7.27.002
    [​IMG]

I did say I would learn this at some point so now seems to bad good a time as any. After an hour blasting round I finally got a clean lap that got slower and slower to the end as I was desperate not to crash :)
    Nice choice but very hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. LXM323

LXM323 Simracer

XB1

This challange is so cool. Have to learn the track though.. i only know it up until first carousel.. after that is a guessing game. Had so many tiny exits of the track that i am scared in the second part to push the car :p . I had 2 laps with 0.5s offtrack experience just before 2nd carousel.... In one case i kept going untill the end of lap and got 6.35.xxx ... but sadly due to picnic exit time was invalidated. Will keep trying cause the challange is so cool :D.
    One more thing.. after 1h i am making mistakes earlier and earlier so i have to stop. Hope be back with improvements.. targeting 6.2x.xxx times :D

Attached Files:

14. Chaos_Chris

As a side note “quick nick “ finally had his hill climb record broken at goodwood this year. By pykes peak vw electric vehicle 39.9 sec.

15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

6.08.518 -X1X

[​IMG]

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to memorise all of this track. I’ve forgotten most of it from the last time we used it.....Excuses!!!!
    Due to the amount of restarts I’ve had the first half is getting slightly better but then I’m far too cautious on the 2nd half incase I mess up.

Also, how the hell have people done this in 5min 50secs , that takes some serious skill that does.

My wife doesn’t do any yapping just huffs and puffs or like earlier....she decides to just walk in front of the screen twice when I’m right near the end of a lap then says “it’s only a game ffs”
    She will never understand!!!

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

16. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

That's very good. Very funny. My wife's latest "all those young people you are playing with must think you are a weirdo at your age playing games.." tried to explain her we are all more or less the same but I don't think she believed me.

17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

It is very true, sim racing people really are the most mature I have seen in any genre. I feel that at 35 I am still probably below the average age :)

I am torn about this challenge, totally hate driving cars like that, but Nordschleife..

May have a little go at the weekend!

Good luck out there gents :D

18. 5.57 /5.58 was the time the calculated for just the old circuit, so with a brilliant 6.08 you are doing the Nurburgring section in around 10 secs.... which is impossible.
    You're actually well below the 5.57/8 that was estimated for the BMW F1!:)

My wife hovers just outside the door, in the peripheral vision, "waiting for a gap in the noise." It's just enough to deflect the concentration for a second and this week that means connecting with a barrier!
    She also thinks I'm far too old to be playing computer games, "with funny people on the internet"...!:D
    We should do a wife's thread one week!

Maybe not.
    :D

19. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

6.39.738 PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Biner, Pretend racer, Peggy11 and 4 others like this.
  20. Chaos_Chris

Damn those times!! I must be stuck in first gear! If missis goes to bed early il have to have another stab...