1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #136 – As quick as Quick Nick

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Xbox

Still trying to make it under 6.30[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

2. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

6.12.745-XB1

Attached Files:

3. upload_2019-7-14_21-6-34.png
    Chequered Flag for WHC136!
    Final times to be confirmed.
    Phew!
    Wow!
    Tibor Solyom!

What a sporting day today has been too. With an F1 GP at Silverstone, no spoilers, epic tennis final at Wimbledon, no spoilers, and England, eventually, by the finest possible margin, win the World Cup (at cricket) at Lords in London!:D
    Back to WHC 136 and @Tibor Solyom is most definitely “is faster than you, Nick…” In fact Tibor had time to get out of the car and have a pint before I crossed the line.
    5mins 58secs over 24.4km is an average speed of 152mph (245kmh) around the Green Hell. That’s an amazing lap, many congratulations. I hope you can post the vid. Time to open a uchube channel Tibor!

But Tibor’s not the only one to put in a stella time this week –
    Early week
    @StyleF1re returns out of the blue and starts the week with a very excellent 6mins 14secs. Carefully avoiding further explanation about the donkey,:rolleyes: he then painstakingly hones this to a 6.13. Great time, I think a trip from Hawai to the Eiffel Forest is in order!

Then, @Pretend racer pops in a shockingly fast time. He posts an eye-widening 6mins 4secs, shows us how with a riveting film, I didn’t blink, and gives us a great set-up. Thanks from all of us!:):)

@moodyryder sandbags with a 6.25 and posts a vid that clearly shows where he can improve by eighteen seconds. He says he’s parking up but he’s a veteran, he has the experience. And he does it. On the way to the pits! A 6.07. It’s brilliant! It’s third place on the podium in a massive WHC challenge!!! Champagne! Groupies!! If that lap doesn’t make a wife happy we might as well all give up!:D

Midweek, @Lewisxbone, presumably enjoying a faster car, puts in an impressive 6mins 8secs, despite a very restricted view! Great lap.

On Friday @AB770577 joins in with an ominously fast 6mins 10secs. With two improvements he finishes with an outstanding 6 mins 3secs on a Sunday morning.:cool: That’s second place and very, very fast and he’s using a console.:cool::cool::cool:

Also this week,
    We had @ignission. Which is excellent timing for the 60th anniversary of the moon landings, but sadly no lap time….this week…
    On Thursday Tibor finally posted the rankings.
    @Chaos_Chris announced a new hill record at Goodwood in the Pikes Peak car. Not clear whether he set the time, but, being a WHCer, we can presume that he is also quicker than Nick too.
    By Friday @pangyorhee set a good time, but it nearly finished him… Tibor posted the rankings again!:)
    On Saturday @LeiF drove the challenge with a full tank and medium tyres, presumably in the spirit of BMW, and bagged a very respectable 6.34. What it could have been with a set-up and softs…?:eek:
    And today, even though @Mustang500 gallops in with a 6.12, AB770577 presses hard and delivers his 6.03, today belongs to Tibor! Many congrats!

Well done to everyone, too many to mention, but personal targets were set and in many cases, beaten. It was tough, great effort all round!

We're off to the Costa Brava but there’s no relaxing, WHC 137 is coming right up.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  4. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Final standings:

1- 5.58.741 Tibor Sólyom PC
    2- 6.03.092 AB770577 PS4
    3- 6.04.337 Pretend racer PC
    4- 6.07.468 Moodyryder PS4
    5- 6.08.518 Lewisxbone XB1
    6- 6.12.745 Mustang 500 XB1
    7- 6.13.078 StyleF1re PS4
    8- 6.19.356 Totall Wrytoff PS4
    9- 6.20.981 Peggy11 PC
    10- 6.21.992 LXM323 XB1
    11- 6.23.481 Laughing Gravy PS4
    12- 6.25.225 Sissydriver PC
    13- 6.25.885 Pangyorhee PS4
    14- 6.30.672 Rod100 XB1
    15- 6.34.919 LeiF PC
    16- 7.00.622 ChaosChris XB1
    17- 7.28.370 Biner PC
    18- 7.36.337 Emmanuel Tubbiolo PS4

5. Correction!! :eek:
    Many apologies, just too excited, I'm all over the place... it's @Pretend racer who takes third place on the podium! He gets the champagne!
    The podium just isn't big enough this week!
    Apologies to both Pretend racer and @moodyryder for the error.

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Really awesome challenge - did ~ 20laps(!) "against" ;) :D 110ps-600ps cars with hard tyres and >100l fuel and more aero. and learned a lot! back to the WHC and *bamm* 5-7s faster - but no clean lap. so all my respect to everyone who participated and did a clean lap. thank you @Totall Wrytoff for the schumi sound. i heard it so many times 15 years ago. it was really really touching my heart!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  7. Tibor Sólyom

Now it's quite useless, sorry for that. At least now I know how to do it for the next time. And the "Keep replay" button in Content Manager means "Delete replay forever" :D (no bashing it, it's brilliant)
    My best lap from Saturday was cleaner, this one is slightly overdone, but it's only 2 tenths slower. I think I left 2-3 sec there.
    Magnificent challenge, thanks Totall!

8. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Holy moly. Ok I didn’t “nail” the first 1.20 .
    You were a gear ahead in at least 3 corners at the first section alone.
    Looking forward to next nordforshlife challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tibor Sólyom likes this.
  9. AB770577

AB770577 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, very nice lap, I would agree you have a couple of seconds up your sleeve. My top speeds were very similar, which was good to see they weren't far apart. I definitely learned a lot from watching that. Your set up was awesome. Nice job.

Tibor Sólyom likes this.
  10. Tibor Sólyom

Thanks! Actually I found this setup on SetupMarket, it's from LP69 Turbinchen, I only added 1 click Rear wing, it gave me better balance (for my taste ofc).

Totall Wrytoff likes this.