1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #141 – Be a Kerb-Hunter!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

2.19.876 Xb1

Adjustments.JPG

I think being poorly this week is definitely costing me about 4 tenths

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

2. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

:mad:
    Haven't played this game in a few days. Now I have to fire it up.

3. Good to hear @Biner!:)
    Same, been lapping this afternoon, comfortably ahead through sector one, but from Luffield I can't repeat the peach exit I had, the ghost pulls past. I gain big time through copse, then the ghost is a real distraction through the sequence onto the straight. If we could turn it off, I could focus on the lap and be in the 19s, I reckon.:D

4. Wow!:rolleyes:
    Nice!:)

5. @Lewisxbone - you'll feel better by tomorrow...:)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  6. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Xbox1

2nd time on this combo. Not nearly close to the lap times of you guys, but happy to participate.

Biner, thanks for the tips, specially with the LRLR "dance".[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

7. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-8-17_22-40-6.png
    Vanquished the ghost!
    Many laps today, getting used to the new wheel. Amazing how time comes and goes on this track. Lap 15 I was over a whole sec up, it disappeared without effort between Maggotts and Stowe.
    0.7s still on the table, even so, that's about 1.5 secs off a place in the first division.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  8. Abfall Tong

Abfall Tong Rookie

Hi all,

my time: 2:27:942. On PC.

Also, this is my first post here. Bought AC in June and it's the only thing I play now, only against AI. Had a little more time than usual this week so I thought I'd try out something against humans, this hotlap challenge was pretty much the only thing that worked out, so thanks to all of you for doing this.

I copied Pretend Racer's setup, but used TC (1) because I'm still a beginner. Being a beginner is also the reason for the lack of a better screenshot, but I could offer the replay in case anyone wants to question my position on the leaderboard. :p Hope I can participate in future events eventhough life is getting busy very soon.

Fun fact: I started using the Clubsport and was already hyped about my times when I realized the cockpit in my screenshot looked different... :D

Attached Files:

Laughing Gravy, Neilski, LeiF and 5 others like this.
  9. Hi @Abfall Tong
    Welcome to the WHC from all of us and thanks for joining in.
    As is so often said on this forum it's nearly a cliche, everyone is a beginner at one time. We've all been there and respect to you for playing.
    AC is an excellent investment, you'll enjoy it hugely, often be frustrated with yourself and your times will improve steadily but surely as you practice. That's my experience.:)
    Well done for finding us, hopefully WHC will provide a better challenge than the AI for you.

Abfall Tong, LeiF, Lewisxbone and 3 others like this.
  10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current standings:

1. Leif 2.19.544 Pc
    2. Pretend racer 2.19.810 Pc
    3. Lewisxbone 2.19.876 Xb1
    4. F1415182235 2.19.884 Xb1
    5. Totall Wrytoff 2.21.375 Ps4
    6. Mike reynolds 2.21.783 Pc
    7. Biner 2:21.859 Pc
    8. LXM323 2.22.033 Xb1
    9. Laughing Gravy 2.23.534 Ps4
    10. Rod100 2.25.044 Xb1
    11. Abfall Tong 2:27:942 Pc

11. 55mins left.
    Is the transatlantic challenge on?
    I'm not saying anything, to avoid the commentator's curse.

You OK @LeiF?:D:D:D:D

I hope everyone has watched the 2.19.5 video. Poetry... or thrash metal, whatever you prefer, it's very good.

Biner, Lewisxbone and LeiF like this.
  12. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

2.19.615-XB1

Attached Files:

13. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

2.19.548 Xb1

Adjustments.JPG

Biner, Laughing Gravy, LeiF and 2 others like this.
  14. WOW!!!!:eek::D
    Brilliant!
    It means a re-write of this week's summary!!!

Emmanuel Tubbiolo and Lewisxbone like this.
  15. Oh WOW!!!

Complete re-write!
    Everyone finished?:D

Emmanuel Tubbiolo and Lewisxbone like this.
  16. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Final standings:

1. Leif 2.19.544 Pc
    2. Lewisxbone 2.19.548 Xb1
    3. Mustang 500 2.19.615 Xb1
    4. Pretend racer 2.19.810 Pc
    5. F1415182235 2.19.884 Xb1
    6. Totall Wrytoff 2.21.375 Ps4
    7. Mike reynolds 2.21.783 Pc
    8. Biner 2:21.859 Pc
    9. LXM323 2.22.033 Xb1
    10. Laughing Gravy 2.23.534 Ps4
    11. Rod100 2.25.044 Xb1
    12. Abfall Tong 2:27:942 Pc

17. upload_2019-8-18_18-2-33.png
    That’s the flag.

Final standings as above, summary this week will be in 2 parts, thanks Lewis. Hope you’re feeling better.

And @LeiF wins! Oh my WOW it got exciting!
    Top of the leader-board for WHC 141! He is the kerb-hunter!
    Forgive me for having to ask, but is that the maiden WHC victory?

2.19.5 around Silverstone in the Cayman GT4 is a brilliant, stella, lap-time. The rest of us can only imagine what it must feel like to be so “on it” all the way around, get to the finish and then nail that time. But we got a chance to actually see it and be very, very impressed. As I’ve said earlier and below, it is required viewing. Many congratulations to LeiF from all of us, worth opening a ’90, or perhaps even a ’73 to celebrate that.

More coming shortly!:oops:

18. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Thanks TW!
    (Yep I think that was my first win here :D )

19. WHC#141....

So what a late flurry of excellence!
    Still @LeiF hung on to win! Hats in the air from all of us on your maiden victory. Congratulations. The celebration will definitely require a '73 then!

And out of the blue, @Lewisxbone takes second place, with a very last minute, fantastic, copy destroying, 2.19.548! WOW!
    And the dark horse, @Mustang 500 rides straight into third place with a similarly fantastic and last minute 2.19.615. I bet that’s a week’s work in one post!
    Many many congrats to the podium, I’m blown away. I bet we all are.

But there was @Pretend racer with a 2.19.810 and @F1415182235, a 2.19.884 too and an awful lot more to it this week than even those excellent lap times suggest.

Within hours of WHC being posted, Pretend racer dropped his, quite shockingly, good time in. It was three seconds faster than anyone, and we got his set-up and instructional video! Brilliant, hugely helpful and thank-you very much indeed.
    F1415182235 joined in the following day with a 2.20.4, set-up and vid. Interesting to see I wasn’t the only one carrying 4th through the 1st, even better to see a consoler lap. A different style to Pretend racer, very impressive accuracy and look at the time gained by proper braking.
    Meanwhile Lewisxbone was chipping his way down through the 2.21s and LeiF posted a time, a 2.21.9. and shortly after, what he called a “slight improvement” of 1.9secs to a 2.20.1. Both clearly sandbagging!
    But on Wednesday evening LeiF dropped a bombshell of a time, with video, his 2.19.5. The reverberations were felt the other side of the Atlantic! 3/10ths or so AHEAD of Pretend racer. And we all know how very hard that is.
    Not only that but we got to see it. I don’t want to come over all headmaster on you, but it is WHC Homework, it is required viewing. It is a lesson and an example of beautiful, smooth, controlled driving delivering speed and time. It looks easy and effortless. It is just exquisite. It’s real skill. This week’s WHC winner by lap time and forum contribution!
    F1415182235 responded, to his 2.19.884, a chunky 6/10ths improvement, but it must have been agonising to be just eight thousandths off the next place.
    Once again, and even with a dodgy tum, Lewisxbone demonstrated the power of perseverance and practice. He dropped into provisional 3rd place with a 2.19.876.

And I thought that was going to be it.

But with just five minutes left on the clock, @Mustang500 rode in to scare the wits out of LeiF. I have to say, I blinked several times… a 2.19.615! Wow! Where did that come from! What a time!
    I was writing a suitably positive comment and to my horror as I refreshed, the screen flashed with a new image!
    What!!!
    Lewisxbone?
    A 2.19.548!!!
    What did LeiF have….?
    The answer is numerically unknown to me but, once again, it was very, very, very close.

What a competition! Brilliant. I really enjoyed that. Thank-you all!

Also this week:
    • Wow. It feels like it’s been a really, long, week.
    • Well done again to LeiF.
    • I was touched by your comments and support on my new purchase. Thank-you.
    • @Emmanuel Tubbiolo was meant to be on family holiday but couldn’t tear himself away, good to see.
    • Also good to see @mike reynolds make a comeback. Hope he posts a shakedown time later!
    • I must also mention @Biner, @LXM323, @Laughing Gravy and @Rod100, well driven thanks for playing, thank-you for your times and contributions.
    • Finally a big welcome to @Abfall Tong who posted his first ever WHC time this week, hope to see you climbing the table as a regular.

See you for the next Challenge, to be posted shortly. It’s a trip down Memory Lane for some and we’re back on slicks…

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Biner, Laughing Gravy, LXM323 and 4 others like this.