1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #143 - Ur favourite?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Aug 25, 2019.

1. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Not quite enough to climb a place, but still an improvement!

upload_2019-8-31_19-41-34.png

Attached Files:

2. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Improved - 1:40.964
    8-31-2019_4-39-32_PM-v5dqdfac.png

Even though I ran a little wide on turn 1 I reached my goal of 1:40.x.
    Also made some changes to front toe and rear slow rebound.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Xbox one

Well, you know the one after a few drinks... I'll try a little more you never know.

Attached Files:

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current standings:

1. Neilski - 1.40.864 Pc
    2. pretend racer - 1.40.931 Pc
    3. F1415182235 – 1.40.960 Xb1
    4. Leif – 1.41.218 Pc
    5. Emmanuel tubbiolo - 1.42.170 Xb1
    6. Biner – 1.42.418 Pc
    7. Sissydriver - 1.42.646 Pc
    8. Totall Wrytoff - 1.42.795 Ps4
    9. Laughing gravy - 1.43.947 Ps4

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

moodyryder
    Ps4
    20190901_092815.jpg

Well, that went well. :)

I think I'll go watch some old telly instead.

6. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

1.41.358-XB1

Attached Files:

7. upload_2019-9-1_17-53-10.png
    That’s it for 143.

@Neilski takes the chequered flag in 1st place!
    Top of the sheet for WHC 143!
    1.40.864 is a brilliant time, faster than even Pretend racer and that is, as we well know, a mighty achievement! He dived in early with the time and it held for the week. Many congratulations to Neilski, this week’s winner, your happy moment can now last forever!!. (Is that your maiden win?)

2nd place this week is @Pretend racer, under a tenth off with a 1.40.931. Second place once again. Once again thanks for posting the vid and set-up. Once again, really great lap! Surely that top spot will be next week, my suspicion is you’re going gently on us!

3rd place, but sooo very close to second is @F1415182235 with a 1.40.960, only hundredths of a second away. F1415182235 was out of the blocks early, the second time posted this week, with a 1:41.8 and a very useful set-up and vid. Great improvement to grab third, good work and congrats.

Elsewhere this week, most of us seemed to be elsewhere. Was I the only one that took Assetto Corsa and peripherals on holiday? Never leave home without it, but it then meant watching my nephew play for a week and then refuse to post his time (new to AC, 13yrs old, a 1.48.)

Our hearts and love went out to @moodyryder, clearly in traumatic, culture shock somewhere in the South of England. It’s had a massive effect on his lap-time, we want to know where it was so we can all avoid it. We’re here to chat things through, we’ve got your back!!

@Chaos_Chris let us know that he didn’t take AC on holiday.

Other elsewheres took a number of different types of Audi,:D @Andy-R, nice time in the standard car.
    Good to see ur @sissydriver back again, burning up tyres and rather prematurely celebrating a podium, but finishing in a rather tasty 7th place.
    @LeiF showed us how motivating it is finding yourself in last place, improving to 4th.
    Also @Lewisxbone, surprisingly no lap… but massive OCD!

Thanks to everyone, except my nephew, for playing this week. See you for rampant horses next week.

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I did set a time in the S1 the day after I did the standard car. I figured it was Neilski's first potential win though so was poised to post my time only if Neilski's lap got beaten but it never did :D

9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Final standings:

1. Neilski - 1.40.864 Pc
    2. pretend racer - 1.40.931 Pc
    3. F1415182235 – 1.40.960 Xb1
    4. Leif – 1.41.218 Pc
    5. Mustang 500 - 1.41.358 Xb1
    6. Emmanuel tubbiolo - 1.42.170 Xb1
    7. Biner – 1.42.418 Pc
    8. Sissydriver - 1.42.646 Pc
    9. Totall Wrytoff - 1.42.795 Ps4
    10. Laughing gravy - 1.43.947 Ps4
    11. Moodyryder - 1.47.112 Ps4

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

10. Hope everyone does the same for me next week!!

11. F1415182235

What was your time?

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

1:39.950

Attached Files:

13. F1415182235

:eek:
    Got a lap video? Just want to see how your braking is done.

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Not very well by the looks of it :D Missed a few apexes and abused the engine quite severely :cool:

15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yay! Yes, maiden win, thanks guys :)

Feeling a little bit stunned though that @Andy-R was able to go soooo much faster again than the rest of us. Scary stuff. Am on a crap link right now but will hopefully be able to watch the video to see how it was done! :D

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Well that was a stupidly fast lap and I didn't notice too many mistakes! :)
    Just... massively faster than any of my attempts. Even if all of my best sectors had been on a single lap I only had about three tenths more to gain I think.

Was that a very twitchy setup with negative rear toe? And what did you end up doing with the rear end in terms of camber and pressures?

One weird thing I found while doing this combo: for quite a while I was (not sure how to put this) 'under driving' it on the exits while the throttle was wide open. By that I mean that I had turned the wheel to the point where I felt like I was getting the most cornering force and that to turn it any more would have caused it to understeer and run wide. But then for some unknown reason I decided to put that to the test and for one lap I intentionally turned the wheel quite a lot more aggressively (waaaay beyond the previous laps) and to my astonishment the car actually turned tighter. Not sure if this is an AC thing (I've been on ACC quite a lot recently) or an AWD thing, because thinking about it I have very very few tarmac laps in AWD cars in any sims at all, and I've never abused an AWD car IRL.

sissydriver and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  17. F1415182235

Like this?

sissydriver and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Nope, I think I had positive toe front and rear with more at the rear. I tried negative but it was slower for me. The positive toe helps braking I guess. I had quite a bit of neg camber up front, something like - 3.5 and from memory somewhere between - 2 and - 3 at the back. I also lowered it as much as it would go.

Regarding steering on exit I can't really picture what I do other than trying to straighten the wheel as much as possible for best drive off the corner.

19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Travelling today so only managed to watch the first third of that video. Looks interesting but not what I was trying. In my best laps, I was basically just applying a little more steering angle than normal on the exit, once the power was on. Could still be a physics glitch though...
    Edit: I think I should have the replay but won't be able to check for another week.

Totall Wrytoff and sissydriver like this.