1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #144 – Mixed emissions

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Sep 1, 2019.

1. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Improved - 1:35.520
    [​IMG]
    Added more front toe out and rear toe in.
    Finally starting to understand how to trail braking deep into corners without overslowing the car.

2. hondo

hondo Gamer

hondo
    improvement
    upload_2019-9-7_11-47-43.png
    turn 2 kills me. still, pretty happy with improvements this week

3. F1415182235

Improved - 1:35.458
    [​IMG]
    I'm coming for ya @Lewisxbone ...maybe

4. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Had a little go at this yesterday whilst waiting for a race in a different car, yeah that probably wasn’t the best idea I had all day but anyway!
    Found that I could gain time in a couple of corners by using a limited amount of TC but it was hindering me in other places so went back to TC off, just need to be gentle in a couple of places. Plenty of times I was up by 0.3-0.4 after T1 and T2 but kept losing it all again.

I think I have reached my artificial hot lap wall, by which I mean I never reach my fastest pace hotlapping, something to do with the concentration levels I reckon - only when I am racing actual humans do I really focus and put in my best times.

Racing humans I stop thinking about what I am doing and instead just do it, difficult to explain really but it results in increased consistency therefore more likely to get all corners really nailed on any given lap.

I notice this in that no matter how much I practice offline for something I always beat my PB during a race, particularly when chasing down a car in front from a couple of seconds away. Of course the exception to this is when a car has to use harder tyres in race than quali so the quali pb is not comparable.

5. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

1:37:343 PC

OculusScreenshot1567945914.jpeg

Had a really quick go before the F1, with everything stock apart from fuel, just to get a time on the board. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  6. @LeiF "on the couch!":)
    Excellent post - really interesting to hear. Same.
    I do a quick race, (no friends) and also find it helps focus on how to go faster consistently and which parts of the track are best to use.
    The ghost car doesn't help the concentration and can rapidly sap the enthusiasm too. Politely speaking.
    I also find my mood is a factor, if I've had an annoying day, I'm really hopeless.

First step to tackling a problem is to recognise and understand it.
    Second step is to tell your pals on the WHC forum!:D:D:D

Biner, Neilski, LeiF and 3 others like this.
  7. F1415182235

Improved - 1:35.180
    [​IMG]

8. upload_2019-9-8_17-53-49.png
    That’s all for WHC144!

Final times and places to be confirmed, but provisionally… Lewisxbone wins!

@Lewisxbone takes the flag in 1st place! The only man in the 1.34s this week and an improvement of nearly a second over the week. The fastest driver in a very fast car. Well done Lewis and congrats!

2nd place this week is @Pretend racer, just over a tenth off with a 1.35.167. Second place once again. Once again thanks for posting set-up and vid, a double treat this week. Once again, really great laps! Surely that top spot will be next week, my suspicion is you’re going gently on us….;) My personal thanks for your superb consistency - as you may have noticed, it allows a simple cut and paste at the end of each week.

@F1415182235 snatches 3rd place from @LeiF with just minutes to go! He’s shared the effort with us over the course of the week and we all know how infuriatingly elusive those last tenths are. His 1:35.180 is an improvement from his 1:35.885. Very well done. Presumably you are searching used Ferrari 488s right now and will send us a pic when it’s on the drive.

A quick mention to those in the 35s:
    @LeiF no need to be completely gutted.:D A 1.35.363, is a fantastic time, honed down from a ‘35.8. Good work on the improvement and helpful psychoanalysis of the mental toll wrought by endless hot lapping. Well done!
    @jo_Siffert straight in this week at 4th with a 1.35.573 – back after a long break. Impressive. Don’t practice too much then!
    @LXM323, started in the 36s but made it clear he was going to be a 35 man. Final time is a deeply respectable 1.35.891. Target achieved comfortably, well done!

Also this week, I discovered one could be discreetly indiscreet with an indiscretion. @moodyryder may disagree. Note was taken of his feelings for part of Austria.
    We were delighted to welcome jo_Siffert back but horrified to then misspell his name! Lewis offered his P45, but he does a great job and we all think so, I’m sure.
    @Chaos_Chris is back from hollies but finds he has to immediately start shelling out again. @Rod100 is also back with a bang. A very excellent bit of footage. I took the plunge and showed it to Mrs TW, who, for the first time ever, was amused by a clip from the internet. Great post.
    @Biner finds the 488 a bit of a culture shock, were the 911 and RS01 real life or AC????
    @sissydriver contributed great shots again, showing how he managed to almost completely bury his 488.
    @hondo worked hard over the week to gain an impressive 1.2secs improvement – see, these things get noticed!
    @Emmanuel Tubbiolo seemed to think a 1.36.9 was lucky and pretended he didn’t want to improve. We saw through that, we all know it’s not luck, it’s over 2 secs off the lap record. Get well soon ET!
    Respect to @Peggy11 – heart-warming to see you squeeze a time in for WHC, respect.
    Finally, a big shout to one of WHC's longest and most loyal racers - @Laughing Gravy, our brother in New York. Perhaps a bit quiet this week... which hasn't given me much to go with - but very good to see you!

Thanks to all for playing.

Next week’s WHC is coming up. Deep breath @LeiF!:)

Just another quick reminder - please could you all use the format as shown in the thread post when posting your lap times. Please have another quick look at this before you post next week. Many thanks!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Final standings:

1. Lewisxbone – 1.34.956 Xb1
    2. Pretend racer - 1.35.167 Pc
    3. F1415182235 – 1.35.180 Xb1
    4. Leif - 1.35.363 Pc
    5. Jo_Siffert – 1.35.573 Pc
    6. LXM323 - 1.35.832 Xb1
    7. Totall Wrytoff – 1.36.383 Ps4
    8. Moodyryder - 1.36.682 Ps4
    9. Biner - 1.36.874 Pc
    10. Hondo – 1.36.963 Pc
    11. Emmanuel Tubbiolo – 1.36.999 Xb1
    12. Peggy11 – 1.37.343 Pc
    13. Sissydriver - 1.37.504 Pc
    14. Laughing Gravy - 1.37.603 PS4
    15. Rod100 - 1.38.383 Xb1
    16. Chaos Chris - 1.39.052 Xb1

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

10. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

It's just my opinion. Others will love this circuit and good luck to them.

I prefer to remember it how it used to be. The quickest GP circuit of them all with fast sweeping corners.

Salzburgring was one of the best motorcycle circuits too. Austria had two of the best events on the calendar.

Now both GP's are on this start stop track.

Safety has to be the prime concern, recent events underline that. I accept that the old tracks had to go and modern standards be met.

It doesn't mean I have to like Red Bull though.

11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Nice, but pretty scary in places. E.g. at 4:39 you'd want to be pretty confident that the guys with flags are paying attention as you approach that crest flat out...
    Also, it's weird to look at old footage like this and notice the more or less total absence of barriers!

12. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Nice one moody. I have the Lap of the Gods set on both VHS (dating myself) and DVD. This may be my favorite from the series.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019